Forum Settings
Forums

we are creating an new manga what would you like to see ?

New
Sep 27, 2012 10:47 AM
Sep 2012
i am working closely with a group of people with a high amount of knowledge of anime and manga i am just wondering what sort of thing would you like to see in it i will personal look over suggestions and message those who myself and my team may have a good idea. but other than that we just want to hear from you to what you are looking for.

so far we have our characters and there backgrounds the events that shall take place
it shall be a 17+ and be psychological and dark (still with a bit of humor)
if you would like to know more feel free to ask
Sep 27, 2012 12:30 PM

Apr 2009
Seriously? Manga/anime based on 'what people want' tend to be pretty crappy. If you guys think you have a good idea, go for it. Don't fix/change anything until you're done and you can see how it works in the whole.
Sep 27, 2012 1:29 PM
Jul 2012
This topic reminds me of a certain Bakuman arc.

Anyway though, not to be extremely pessimistic or anything but... you do realize what kind of a job being a mangaka is right? It's fairly taxing, and if you're not writing/drawing something you like you'll likely end up hating the job.

Just how much about this do you have planned? And i'm not talking about your story itself, you're going to submit this to an actual magazine right? Who does what?

Sorry i don't mean to be a condescending person, it's just that people sometimes tend to do this sort of thing not knowing what they're heading into.
Sep 27, 2012 1:34 PM

Feb 2012
Vorlianis said:

Anyway though, not to be extremely pessimistic or anything but... you do realize what kind of a job being a mangaka is right? It's fairly taxing, and if you're not writing/drawing something you like you'll likely end up hating the job.

Just how much about this do you have planned? And i'm not talking about your story itself, you're going to submit this to an actual magazine right? Who does what?

Sorry i don't mean to be a condescending person, it's just that people sometimes tend to do this sort of thing not knowing what they're heading into.

You can probably make this about x10 worse if he happens to live in america. An american mangaka is nearly un heard of and, if they are successful they spent a good amount in japan.
Sep 27, 2012 1:54 PM
Jul 2012
MidnightPride said:
Vorlianis said:

You can probably make this about x10 worse if he happens to live in america. An american mangaka is nearly un heard of and, if they are successful they spent a good amount in japan.

Pretty much, the former head editor of WSJ tweeted once that there never has been a manga that has been created in another country. Wich makes me pretty suspicious about his claim unless he lives in Japan.

I'd also like to point out to the OP that manga is in fact, japanese comic books. If this is just going to be an online publication it's not a manga anymore, it's a webcomic.
Sep 28, 2012 3:41 AM
Sep 2012
my team and i appreciate the constructive feedback we assure you all that we are doing are best to do this the true Japanese way and are getting in contact with a few publishers and artists from japan. we are going to do this regardless if it works it works and i hope people would enjoy the manga but if not at least we tried.

the question we was mainly asking if there is anything you specifically think is to over used. what would you not like to see ?
Sep 28, 2012 4:19 AM
Jul 2012
cameran1993 said:
my team and i appreciate the constructive feedback we assure you all that we are doing are best to do this the true Japanese way and are getting in contact with a few publishers and artists from japan. we are going to do this regardless if it works it works and i hope people would enjoy the manga but if not at least we tried.

the question we was mainly asking if there is anything you specifically think is to over used. what would you not like to see ?

I'm just pointing out that if you decide to be a mangaka you need to be very driven to be able to pull it off, it can be a stressfull job with little to gain (with that i mean low wages). If you guys wanna try it, sure i guess but i kinda have my doubts.

Anyhow, especially since you seem to be heading towards seinen, i suggest you avoid the pitfall any writer has to avoid, making boring/senseless characters. I know this seems obvious but it's harder to pull it off then you'd think, just try to avoid to make the main cast a bunch of seen-it-thousand-times-before-cliches.

For that reason i suggest you get some sort of person who can function as an editor temporarily, so he can evalue your work and give tips and such.

It's also a good idea to have most of the plot already in your heads, it's easier to avoid inconsistencies that way.
Sep 28, 2012 9:16 PM

Jul 2008
Sweetpea said:
Seriously? Manga/anime based on 'what people want' tend to be pretty crappy. If you guys think you have a good idea, go for it. Don't fix/change anything until you're done and you can see how it works in the whole.

Exactly. You need to be pretty damn talented to pull off "pandering bullshit" and still have it be entertaining...moreso than just creating a good manga in the first place.

Anyways, the funniest part of this topic to me is that the people replying to "cameran1993" are all much better writers (in terms of diction, syntax, and grammar) than the guy who is ostensibly helping write a "dark, psychological, 17+" comic.
Oct 1, 2012 9:21 PM

Aug 2012
it shall be a 17+ and be psychological and dark (still with a bit of humor).
this is enough to draw me in lol

but i agree sweetpea, write what you want, as trying to please others will result in you not enjoying what your doing at all. and there is american's who have produced manga, Mark Crilley, though i believe he spent time in japan :p
"Reality can really bum you out" - Ash Ketchum
Oct 2, 2012 3:53 AM

Apr 2012
If there are supernatural abilities involved, try and keep them on the downlow. No one likes it when a character goes trough the plot by always winning thanks to some supernatural ability. And don't be afraid to kill your characters! This includes the main characters too. There is a specific tension when you know no one is safe.
Oct 2, 2012 5:04 AM

Mar 2012
Moonblade92 said:
If there are supernatural abilities involved, try and keep them on the downlow. No one likes it when a character goes trough the plot by always winning thanks to some supernatural ability. And don't be afraid to kill your characters! This includes the main characters too. There is a specific tension when you know no one is safe.

I totally agree on this,having main characters die makes the manga much more interesting because most of the time when I read manga I'm like 'well the main character won't die'

And I'm right.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Oct 3, 2012 2:24 AM
Jun 2012
i would like a manga that has something to do with S.W.A.T teams, special forces or counter terrorists team etc
Oct 3, 2012 4:32 AM
Sep 2012
we have taken in all of your comments and are appreciative of the time you have taken to comment. if you can keep them coming and when we get it published (may not be for a while yet ) all who have commented will receive a free copy of the first chapter. if there is anything else you would like to see our sister team is thinking of also doing a whole new story so they would like to see any ideas.
Oct 3, 2012 5:23 AM

Feb 2012
Vorlianis said:
MidnightPride said:
Vorlianis said:

Pretty much, the former head editor of WSJ tweeted once that there never has been a manga that has been created in another country. Wich makes me pretty suspicious about his claim unless he lives in Japan.

I'd also like to point out to the OP that manga is in fact, japanese comic books. If this is just going to be an online publication it's not a manga anymore, it's a webcomic.

Sorry but, that information he gave was incorrect there is Mark Crilley the author of Miki's Falls and, Brody's Ghost which are both Manga granted he did spend time he japan learning but, it was a OEL Manga for more information of OEL Manga go here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OEL_manga

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 5:56 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:42 PM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:29 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.