Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 20, 2012 5:37 PM
Aug 2012
I decided to write a review on Infinite Stratos and gave it a 10 Out Of 10 because i really enjoyed it, on AP all people do is bash my review, and on here nobody but myself found it helpful. What am I doing wrong.
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.
- Sephiroth
Aug 20, 2012 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
Yes
Aug 20, 2012 5:39 PM

Jun 2012
I still havent seen it yet, but by the looks of that other thread many people seem to hate the main protagonist.
Aug 20, 2012 5:40 PM
Aug 2012
Shuhan said:
I still havent seen it yet, but by the looks of that other thread many people seem to hate the main protagonist.

What about him specifically
- Sephiroth
Aug 20, 2012 5:41 PM

Jan 2008
Shuhan said:

Lol this.

Took a quick peek and let me say... wall of text. Funny how many capitalized C's my eye noticed.

Anyways, I enjoyed the series, mostly for Charlotte and Laura. Didn't care much for the MC.
Aug 20, 2012 5:41 PM
Nov 2010
I like the characters, especially Houki

And...

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9041/IS:_Infinite_Stratos/stats
"10
 8.2% (2727 votes)"

You aren't the only one that liked it.
Aug 20, 2012 5:42 PM
Aug 2012
I found it helpful because I feel sorry for you.
Aug 20, 2012 5:42 PM
Nov 2010
Shuhan said:
He's not that bad.
Aug 20, 2012 5:43 PM

Feb 2012
Considering Infinite Stratos is #17 on the all-time best selling series list with ~33k average BD sales, no, you're not alone :P
Aug 20, 2012 5:44 PM
Aug 2012
Paul said:
Shuhan said:

Lol this.

Took a quick peek and let me say... wall of text. Funny how many capitalized C's my eye noticed.

Anyways, I enjoyed the series, mostly for Charlotte and Laura. Didn't care much for the MC.

The thing i liked about it was how the characters fit the stereotype i guess you would say, of their home country, like laura being a soldier type, lone wolf Etc. I also thought it was hilarious when she referred to Ichika as her bride.
- Sephiroth
Aug 20, 2012 5:46 PM
Aug 2012
i'm also fairly new to writing reviews and am not used to the criticism, i guess its just something ill have to learn to put up with aha
- Sephiroth
Aug 20, 2012 5:47 PM

Jun 2012
Well, it's a mecha harem with all the typical female stereotypes. Hmmm, where have we seen this before?

As far as your review goes, it might help to space your paragraphs. They're quite difficult to read otherwise.
Aug 20, 2012 5:48 PM
Aug 2012
PirateKingz said:
Well, it's a mecha harem with all the typical female stereotypes. Hmmm, where have we seen this before?

As far as your review goes, it might help to space your paragraphs. They're quite difficult to read otherwise.

What do you mean exactly about spacing?
- Sephiroth
Aug 20, 2012 5:49 PM
Nov 2010
PirateKingz said:
Well, it's a mecha harem with all the typical female stereotypes. Hmmm, where have we seen this before?.
Where? I would like to know this.
Aug 20, 2012 5:51 PM

Aug 2011
Yes, you're the only person in the universe who liked Infinte Stratos.
Aug 20, 2012 5:59 PM

Jun 2012
bigdog1832 said:
PirateKingz said:

The beginning of your original review.

Here it is randomly separated into paragraphs (you get the idea):

Z-flame said:
PirateKingz said:
Well, it's a mecha harem with all the typical female stereotypes. Hmmm, where have we seen this before?.
Where? I would like to know this.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9041/IS:_Infinite_Stratos/userrecs
Aug 20, 2012 6:00 PM

Aug 2009
I loved Infinate Statos,watched both the subbed and dubbed versions and I hope they make a season 2 but I wouldn't give it a ten.Out of the hundreds of anime I seen I think I only gave a score of ten to ten anime. To each their own I guess.
Aug 20, 2012 6:01 PM

Jan 2008
PirateKingz said:
bigdog1832 said:
PirateKingz said:

This isn't English Class but honestly, you could probably have taken out most of those paragraphs or shorten them or even move them into the "Character" section of your review.
Aug 20, 2012 6:01 PM
Aug 2012
PirateKingz said:
bigdog1832 said:
PirateKingz said:

That helps alot and i will edfinitely apply it to future reviews, i hope you don't mind if i use your example to edit my review.
- Sephiroth
Aug 20, 2012 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
i enjoyed it. the main character was a clueless fool though.
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Aug 20, 2012 6:05 PM
Aug 2012
This isn't English Class but honestly, you could probably have taken out most of those paragraphs or shorten them or even move them into the "Character" section of your review.

Good point, i appreciate all the helpful criticism you guys are giving.
- Sephiroth
Aug 20, 2012 6:08 PM
Jun 2012
bigdog1832 said:
What am I doing wrong?

Being a delusional fan of a shit anime.
Aug 20, 2012 6:09 PM
Aug 2012
Paul said:
PirateKingz said:
bigdog1832 said:
PirateKingz said:

Thanks for the suggestion, i didnt mean to type so much i just got really into it, ill try to condense it a little more next time and put things in the right place
- Sephiroth
Aug 20, 2012 6:21 PM
Aug 2012
Burn2sai said:
I really enjoyed the anime as well. I gave it an 8/10. Kind of wish it was a bit more romance than mecha.

It was my first Mecha Anime TBH but now i want to watch more mecha, any recommendations?
- Sephiroth
Aug 20, 2012 6:24 PM

Jun 2012
No you are not alone, I for one think it was really good. Out of all the harems I have watched it Is in the top three possibly second place. The characters are pretty cool and the mc is dense but in a funny way and he is not really stupid or anything. Also no matter what you say there will always be people who don't agree so it really dosn't matter. I'll check out your review if I can find it.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 20, 2012 6:26 PM

Jun 2012
you probably are the only one who thinks IS was any good
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 20, 2012 6:28 PM
Aug 2012
Burn2sai said:
bigdog1832 said:
Burn2sai said:
I really enjoyed the anime as well. I gave it an 8/10. Kind of wish it was a bit more romance than mecha.

It was my first Mecha Anime TBH but now i want to watch more mecha, any recommendations?

Based on your list it seems you havn't seen code geass. I would highly reccomend this mecha anime. This anime is 9/10 10/10 material

Downloading now, thanks for the recommendation.
- Sephiroth
Aug 20, 2012 6:29 PM

Feb 2008
Thread moved.
Aug 21, 2012 11:01 AM
Nov 2010
Nayah said:
Thread moved.
almost like simply saying "thread locked".
Aug 24, 2012 2:48 PM
Jun 2012
i enjoyed it too
Aug 24, 2012 6:09 PM
Jul 2012
Actually i REALLY enjoyed the series despite what the critics mostly say tho i can see why they would say it considering the part the anime covers is more along the lines of an intro for the rest of the series.
Aug 24, 2012 6:20 PM

Nov 2011
It was a decent watch but what you are doing wrong is being way to head over heels over the anime. 10/10 reviews means we are expecting something that is literally perfect in every sense without any or few flaws that probably almost anyone will enjoy that are looking for something in that genre. This definitely cannot be said about IS as even though it was a decent watch most certainly is not a 10/10 anime. Reviewers have to stay neutral and look at both the pros and cons of an anime to give it a fair score and write in detail why you gave each sub-category (Story, art and so-on) that score. The way you written your review makes it seem like it is perfect with no problems. Which isn't true at all.

Another problem is your "story" section is literally a summary of the whole show. Reviews are NOT supposed to be one giant spoiler. They are supposed to give a bit of insight to those who may have not watched it on the anime to maybe encourage them to or not watch it and is also there for those who have watched it to determine if it is a review that fits the bill for that anime. Of course you are going to talk about the story somewhat but you have to try your best to not spoil much at all. You are supposed to discuss whether the story has plot holes, if it might have been rushed, maybe the plot was perfect and such. NOT a giant summary of the whole anime.

Basically you got to approach this from a non-bias point of view and taking into consideration people who haven't watched and have watched the anime will be reading it.

I'd add more but I'm getting a bit light-headed from lack of sleep. lol
RagixAug 24, 2012 6:28 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 10, 2013 1:03 PM
Jan 2009
Necro bump! It was a fun watch but the amount of plot holes and inconsistencies in this anime were too damn high.
Mar 13, 2013 3:31 PM
Feb 2012
yeah i definitely agree. it centered around the countless amount of beautiful looking girls that throw themselves at ichika. i have a love hate relationship with harems... love em for the girls hate em for the stupid guys that don't realize the many opportunities they can take >.>
Mar 14, 2013 7:25 PM
Mar 2013
I love Infinite Stratos. If there was an anime that makes me sad not cuz of the storyline but the fact that the anime is over or discontinued, Infinite Stratos is one of them. Houki waiting!
Apr 6, 2013 2:59 PM

Jan 2013
I like the characters (Laura, Charlotte and Yin) but I find story average so for me it's between 5/10 and 6/10.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jul 11, 2013 1:50 AM

Jul 2011
Well I won't bother commenting on the review as it's quite old, but a 10 is shocking to me. For me I'm only at episode 11 and really the ending is going to determine whether this anime is a 4 or a 5, right now it's looking like a 4.

I don't even know if there's an actual story here. There's certainly a harem...without a doubt, but a story? Maybe in the last two episodes we'll get into that, but I want to know why only 1 male can pilot the IS, what was the goal behind his kidnapping, who is the enemy and why are they the enemy, among other things. Perhaps some of these will be answered, but even then, I find the harem elements bland and the things that could have set this anime apart from other harem/mecha weren't emphasized or were left on the 'backburner' too long.

All in all I have found it to be an average harem and a poor mecha.

Jul 11, 2013 2:17 AM
Jul 2013
The anime is kinda short with 12 episodes

It has 5 girls and some of it shown their love towards the end so theres no really a tight competition. The mecha was ok but its not the best.

Hope the season 2 is going to be better.
Aug 7, 2013 5:23 AM

Jun 2013
I also loved IS.
Aug 7, 2013 5:33 AM

Nov 2011
Yes, IS is a holy shit.
I luv u
Aug 7, 2013 6:22 AM
Aug 2012
Very average Mecha
Cliche Harem
Below average, uninteresting and stupid protagonist with generic reactions.
Painful last 5 minutes which made me face-desk out of shame for actually finishing this anime.
And here I thought we grew passed the ages people would laugh at a guy walking in on a girl showering.

But you're not alone. Apparently thousands of Japanese liked it, which is why its getting another season which looks exactly like the first one.
KVVAug 7, 2013 6:26 AM
Aug 7, 2013 6:32 AM

Jul 2008
I love IS and I think it's one of the better harem anime out there :D
Aug 7, 2013 10:08 AM

May 2013
I gave the anime a 9 overall since it was pretty enjoyable for me.

-I liked the harem a lot, the only one that was meh was Cecelia, and she wasn't half bad.
-Usually the harems I've watched take place in a classic school, or or some supernatural thing, not a mecha environment, so that was refreshing.

It's also worth noting that I felt the main character wasn't too shabby.
Aug 18, 2013 5:48 PM

Jun 2013
I loved it, but I can very easily see how some people wouldnt.

Its a harem mecha anime. Thats cliche on top of cliche.

The main character is super dense and seemingly misses every advance the girls toss his way......

Super freaking mega cliche....

And the characters themselves are the predictable archtypes, Tsundere and whatnot..

This show is the Ultra combo of cliches and "I called it!" predictability down to the story.... Its easy to see why some people may be sick and tired of that. But I enjoyed it.
Dec 20, 2013 11:37 PM

Nov 2013
Couldn't have expected anything more from the main character, but his main harem could have been a little less tsundere, and you only really need one childhood friend. This was pretty bad because there was no plot as far as i can tell (hopefully they explain the unidentified enemies in the second season) and while most comedies/harems have a serious ending where they have to work together to save somebody/the world, this one wasn't really that dramatic: oh look another rogue IS that's not gonna destroy the world but we still need you guys to destroy it or the plot will look bad.
Aug 29, 2018 5:44 AM
Aug 2018
yes why would you like infinite stratos
Aug 29, 2018 7:19 AM
Aug 2018
though mc was kind of bad i did enjoy other characters like charlotte .compared to other harem anime it is a lot better
If you only face forward, there is something you will miss seeing

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.