Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2012 2:28 AM
Jul 2012
So with some series, for example Elfen Lied, there are OVAs or movies that fit chronologically into the series. So to keep things convenient, I put them in the same folder on my hardrive, like this: http://i.imgur.com/gE17w.png

However, on the MyAnimeList website, the OVA and the other 13 episodes of Elfen Lied are listed as two separate series, so this leads to some problems. When playing the regular Elfen Lied episodes, things work properly, but when I try to play the OVA from MAL Updater, it can't find the OVA, and defaults to the first episode. That isn't really a bug, the program just doesn't work with the way I organize my files.

Although, after realizing this, I tried to use a "tag" on the OVA, however I couldn't get that working either. This is the way I put the tag on the OVA: http://i.imgur.com/T6Bs5.png

When playing the tagged file directly, with MAL Updater open in the background, MAL Updater would recognize that is was the OVA, and give various information about it. However, when playing the file from MAL Updater itself, it couldn't find the right file, and once again defaulted to the first episode.

So what I'm asking is, am I using that tag system properly? Also, regardless if I am or am not using that system correctly, is there a better way to go about this? Lastly, I've read that there is going to be a way to create custom lists in the 3.0 update, would that solve my problem, and if so, am I best just waiting for the new version to come out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 3, 2012 4:37 PM

Jul 2007
The tag is correct. The problem is the PlayNext feature to find the files is ~optimized to deem the 1st "good enough" result as final, so it finds another file before the ova that resembles a different entry well enough and opens it instead.

2.9/3.0 will be much better with this.
Jul 3, 2012 4:56 PM
Jul 2012
Alright, It's good to know I'm using the tags correctly. Thanks for the quick reply, I'll just wait for the update then.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 2:05 PM

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 1:58 PM

Sticky: » [Bug reports / Help] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kotori - Feb 19, 2008

5259 by Bahamut_Zero »»
Sep 27, 2022 5:06 PM

» How Does This Thing Work And How Do I Set It Up

ahmed0112 - Jun 14, 2020

2 by Lion3MAL »»
Mar 14, 2022 6:52 PM

» Where is the "theme" folder located?

Legends_of_anime - Jan 13, 2021

1 by TimidSquid »»
Feb 3, 2021 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.