Forum Settings
Forums

How have voice actors/seyiuus ever affected your views on anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 28, 2012 3:57 PM

Dec 2011
I do not care about VAs and seiyuus that much but they have led me to care about characters more. I would prefer voice acting to match up with the supposed age of the characters.
Jun 28, 2012 4:39 PM

Jun 2012
I don't watch animes for seiyuus, but when I recognize a voice it's fun to see if I was right that they voiced a character in another anime I watched.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Jun 28, 2012 4:49 PM
Mar 2011
yes
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 28, 2012 4:52 PM

Jan 2012
Voice actors of Zetman attracted me into watching it, disappointed.
Aya Hirano makes any woman hot.
Jun 28, 2012 9:02 PM

Feb 2010
Huh..?

This question doesn't apply to me at all when I pick an anime to watch.

I don't particularly pay attention to the voice acting either. Its usually the annoying character personality that turns me off.
Jun 28, 2012 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
I love hearing the voices of my favourite voice actors so I will watch stuff just because they are in it. Even if its crap, I will watch and let their voices caress my ear drums lovingly~
Jun 28, 2012 9:14 PM

May 2009
I could not stand the English version of To Heart, but then I realized it didn't matter because the anime sucked anyways!

I also will not and never! Watch The Story of Saiunkoku in English. American voice actors in anime I mean them voicing an anime character half of the time shows their boredom. And I will never watch an hentai in English either!
Jun 28, 2012 9:47 PM

Jun 2011
I will not necessarily chose to watch an anime series solely based on the fact that one of my favorite voice actors have a role in it, but it could possibly persuade me to watch it if I am already somewhat intrigued. Generally, though, I am unaware of the voice actors until I watch an anime. It is only as I am watching it for the first time that I think, "Oh, that's the person who played this character and that character!"

I admit that I do avoid watching any dub with Vic Mignogna, but I almost never watch dubbed anime, so it is rarely a problem.
Jun 28, 2012 10:18 PM

Jun 2012
GH0STSMILES said:
I love hearing the voices of my favourite voice actors so I will watch stuff just because they are in it. Even if its crap, I will watch and let their voices caress my ear drums lovingly~

This is so true in my case as well~xD But really I watch anime for many sometimes ridiculous reasons like good animation even if the story is crap or bad animation even if the story is good or if it has many of the VAs I adore. But I do prioritize in finding an anime that has all three. (Then I go to a happy place. *A*)

PS. I only watch anything dubbed as a last resort. LOL
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

25 by Toooooooooohru »»
25 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

217 by Adnash »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

8 by Toooooooooohru »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

34 by Toooooooooohru »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

111 by girltokyo »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.