Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2012 10:03 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Midori ends up all alone..
Does anybody know if the man sneezing represents something?
Jun 28, 2012 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
usually someone sneezing in anime or manga means that someone is talking about them. i dunno how this fits into the last chapter though.

the ending to this dumb series made absolutely no sense. this definitely ranks among my worst manga series ever
Jan 30, 2014 5:27 PM

Dec 2008
Did she go insane after thinking she'd been abandoned? Why was she unable to get to where the midget was? He was killed and she didn't even know.
Sep 10, 2014 12:49 AM

Jul 2009
I thought the same thing. In addition to what you said, at various times, Midori had crazy dreams and hallucinations. This ending shows that she now suffers some sort of schizophrenia, and possibly post-traumatic stress.
Jul 29, 2019 7:34 PM
Jul 2019
I think the same scenes being repeated and her not being able to find the Bottled Man are because she is unable to cope with the trauma of finding him dead.
Jul 30, 2019 8:35 PM

Oct 2013
Midori did go insane and ended up alone, in the winter, without food
Sep 22, 2019 10:53 PM

Dec 2015
after a re-read, I realized how powerful the last chapter is
this could be marou suehiro's best work
Oct 1, 2019 8:42 PM
Aug 2019
duras said:
after a re-read, I realized how powerful the last chapter is
this could be marou suehiro's best work
9th

His work is best!
Apr 17, 2020 7:12 PM
Jul 2010
Today, rereading the last chapter, I theorized that everything in Midori's life was caused by the dwarf's illusion. He was the mastermind of all the torture done by her, since the dwarf could create illusions of deformity, and of course, create characters for his plot. The biggest evidence is the staircase scene, with all the characters from the circus present, and the dwarf in the middle of everyone.

Thinking about it, I climbed to the cosmological level. As if the storm on the following pages were the end of the illusion of a universe created by the dwarf, to torture Midori and entertain the audience (us, readers) with the freak show.

I know this went a long way, but it gave me a new and more macabre perspective of this ḿanga.
Sep 18, 2020 1:32 PM
Dec 2019
recidivante said:
Today, rereading the last chapter, I theorized that everything in Midori's life was caused by the dwarf's illusion. He was the mastermind of all the torture done by her, since the dwarf could create illusions of deformity, and of course, create characters for his plot. The biggest evidence is the staircase scene, with all the characters from the circus present, and the dwarf in the middle of everyone.

Thinking about it, I climbed to the cosmological level. As if the storm on the following pages were the end of the illusion of a universe created by the dwarf, to torture Midori and entertain the audience (us, readers) with the freak show.

I know this went a long way, but it gave me a new and more macabre perspective of this ḿanga.

Never thought about this idea, nice theory!
Oct 27, 2021 1:03 AM

Aug 2017
If you want to better understand the ending, watch "Grass Labyrinth" by Shuji Terayama. It's a surrealist film that's referenced in the manga, particularly the climax of the film inspired this last chapter (my speculation but I'm pretty sure of it).
May 21, 2022 12:50 AM

Sep 2019
I think this is a loop of abstraction, that is to say, the suffering has surrounded Midori, and in the end it hasn't let go of her, she will be haunted forever. This is probably also the fate of war orphans who have to wander around and be abused. The monstrous circus also symbolizes the hypocrisy and contempt in the souls of people in society. And such a society has no future (Midori represents the future that will freeze to death from starvation)
Jul 22, 2022 8:21 PM
May 2019
recidivante said:

Good theory! It changed the way i see the story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Tsubaki Chapter 2 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - May 14, 2012

1 by Rikscarda »»
Nov 19, 2022 9:15 AM

» Different versions of this manga

tr0nsi - Feb 20, 2021

2 by tr0nsi »»
Aug 22, 2022 1:33 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Tsubaki Chapter 7 Discussion

0 by Mon_Diamond »»
May 14, 2012 9:55 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Tsubaki Chapter 6 Discussion

0 by Mon_Diamond »»
May 14, 2012 9:49 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Tsubaki Chapter 5 Discussion

0 by Mon_Diamond »»
May 14, 2012 9:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.