Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 5, 2012 4:48 AM
Dec 2007
Foxley88 said:

Once Little Busters does become an anime I wonder if they'll actually take the hospital routine?
Doubtful. That said I do hope they don't take the easy route of pleasing all fanboys because there's only one definite pairing as far as the game concerned itself. The other is just kind of a "no girl" end.

Aug 5, 2012 12:24 PM

Dec 2008
Yea there was a time when i said Clannad was the best and that it was pretty much my favorite everything, but then i played little busters and i feel thats changed. I like all the characters in Little busters except Mio Nishizono i hate her. While the heroine routes to me were meh and okay Rin 2 and refrain were definitely powerful enough to make up for those faults. As for the ending I feel its incredibly less cheesy than the "lol dragonballs" ending in clannad. Rather than to wish and make everything good again in Little Busters they still try to fortify and strengthen themselves to accomplish the needed task
Aug 5, 2012 12:47 PM
Dec 2007
tysonultima said:
Yea there was a time when i said Clannad was the best and that it was pretty much my favorite everything, but then i played little busters and i feel thats changed. I like all the characters in Little busters except Mio Nishizono i hate her. While the heroine routes to me were meh and okay Rin 2 and refrain were definitely powerful enough to make up for those faults. As for the ending I feel its incredibly less cheesy than the "lol dragonballs" ending in clannad. Rather than to wish and make everything good again in Little Busters they still try to fortify and strengthen themselves to accomplish the needed task
Indeed. Many go "DEM ENDING !" but how exactly is it Deus Ex? Yeah, perhaps a little part of it was exagerated...
but everything else about it was the main characters struggling to change an almost hopeless situation. That is completely different from Tomoya turning back time and ressurecting dead people. Tomoya had to do nothing but literally "make a wish" for his ending. Riki still had to work for his happy end.

Aug 5, 2012 10:49 PM

Sep 2011
For Me, Clannad > LB.

Even Though Refrain Made Me Cry Especially The Disappearance Of Masato, Kengo And Kyousuke, Still After Story Brings Much More Emotions Than Refrain.

In Paths:

I Never Disliked Or Got Bored Every Single Path In Clannad While LB, I Only Dislike Kud's Path(The Ending Itself) And Nishizono's Path Is Tad Boring. Haruka's, Komari's And Saya's Path Are Those Only Well-Made Stories(For Me).

Aug 7, 2012 8:42 AM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
tysonultima said:
Indeed. Many go "DEM ENDING !" but how exactly is it Deus Ex? Yeah, perhaps a little part of it was exagerated...
but everything else about it was the main characters struggling to change an almost hopeless situation. That is completely different from Tomoya turning back time and ressurecting dead people. Tomoya had to do nothing but literally "make a wish" for his ending. Riki still had to work for his happy end.

He.... Somehow I prefer "make a wish approach"

O also loved Nagisa x Tomoya, while I hate Rin x Riki, I mean I like Rin, but I wanted to choose Mio or maybe Kud... XD
Aug 8, 2012 2:50 AM

Aug 2011
akutasame94 said:
Leon-Gun said:
tysonultima said:

O also loved Nagisa x Tomoya, while I hate Rin x Riki, I mean I like Rin, but I wanted to choose Mio or maybe Kud... XD

Everyone knows the only logical pairing for Kud is Masato.
Aug 8, 2012 2:34 PM

Dec 2011
mitch3315 said:
akutasame94 said:
Leon-Gun said:
tysonultima said:

Everyone knows the only logical pairing for Kud is Masato.

Ahahahaha. Yeah, sorry about that :D
Aug 9, 2012 12:32 AM

Sep 2011
Leon-Gun said:

I Bet That Narcolepsy Is

That's My Theory. Given By Those Bad Ends.

Aug 9, 2012 4:46 AM
Dec 2007
Luxuriia said:
Leon-Gun said:

I Bet That Narcolepsy Is

Nah, it wasn't. I thought so at first but it wasn't. That said...

Aug 9, 2012 10:45 AM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Luxuriia said:
Leon-Gun said:

I Bet That Narcolepsy Is

Nah, it wasn't. I thought so at first but it wasn't. That said...

I too can't remember but I think it was after shock... And yes his narcolepsy is real, I think it's even stated in VN as a fact :D
Nov 5, 2012 1:36 AM

Sep 2011
Can I join? hehe, just delete this post of mine if you guys think its stupid, anyway, I'M JOINING!!
***there may be spoilers here****

I just finished LB today, at first I expected Clannad to be WAAAAY better, but after finishing refrain.......... I'd say Clannad is just a little better than Little Busters.
It all really depends on your preferences. I'd say both were at the same level of epicness depending on how you view it

Clannad had a more realistic view of life. It showed how the characters faced life's challenges, and how love can overcome obstacles

Little Busters is the exact opposite. It had a less realistic view of life(only showing reality at the end), because it had a child-like feel to it. Its showing how a child grows up to become strong in the end, and how strong the bonds of friendship really is, unlike Clannad, who focused more on family problems

If you think a story of being child-like but becoming stronger after each obstacle, and relationships that is not too deep, but at a considerable level, is good, then Little Busters is for you
If you think a story of family and relationship in a deeper and more pure level, then Clannad is for you
There comes a time when you need to become stronger and finally move forward from playing like a child, to strong adult

Nov 5, 2012 1:46 AM

Sep 2012
Whoa this is an old thread.

Feb 10, 2013 6:11 AM

Sep 2011
Hahaha, okay. Here's my summary:
The reason i liked Clannad a bit more was because they were unavoidable. they were seriously tragedies. Unlike in LB, most of the tragedies were being dreamt by a certain girl, and the main tragedy had already happened, and its only up to the protagonist to get stronger to accept the tragedy. HOWEVER, if the hospital scene was truly the ending of LB, that would be the best sh*t ever. What was the point of the entire story if you choose to save them anyway? What's the point of getting stronger then?
Same thing for Clannad, though I kinda felt relived when Nagisa lived. Lucky for LB, Rin, the main heroine still lives, while in Clannad, your wife just died. I wish they never made Nagisa die in the first place, maybe comatose, but not die.

It can go like this for Clannad:
Nagisa gets into comatose and will awaken at some point, but while that's going on, Tomoya has to deal with his grief of the possibility of losing his wife thus abandoning Ushio. 5 Years has passed and Tomoya repairs his relationship with Ushio. They end the story with Tomoya crying and telling Nagisa "I've finally found something that I can protect, and someday, you'll awaken and be part of our lives once again, but for now, let me carry the burden" or something along those lines.

It can go like this for LB:
They all die except Riki and Rin who try to become stronger..... isn't that the point of the story?
Except, in the true end, there should be an epilogue with Riki and Rin together, they gain a child, Riki finally got over his Narcolepsy and Riki and Rin realize their child made friends, and together, the friends look just like the old Little Busters. Kinda like continuing the legacy.
And then the ending says: "See, I told you we would become stronger. Are you properly watching over us...... Kyousuke?" And then the ending CG shows the old Little Busters, then transitions to the new one.
There comes a time when you need to become stronger and finally move forward from playing like a child, to strong adult

Apr 3, 2013 10:25 PM

Oct 2011
Having played both VN's.
In terms of the main true route, i would say...well... they come really really close but Clannad wins this one.
The VN as a game i enjoyed Little Busters more just because it was longer and it had a little more to offer.
As for the other heroine routes. Like aside from the main route, i liked Little Busters better. The stories were more interesting.
In terms of Soundtrack i would say Clannad wins. BUT NOT BY THAT MUCH.
In terms of characters, i kind of liked Little busters more.

It's just too hard to compare these two VN's.
Jun 23, 2014 6:30 AM

Jun 2014
Wow this is old but I hope that I can still join the discussion

akutasame94 said:
MuscleRevolution said:

Except that's what I loved about the LB's ending. Riki basically said fuck you, I'm saving my friends. And it wasn't lolreset like in Clannad. It's because he got strong that he WAS able to save his friends. He was able to stay calm and make proper decisions during the rescue scene to be able to save everyone, and that wouldn't have been possible if he was like he was before. So, no, it was not pointless.

Following that logic we can say the same for Clannad...

Riki said fuck you to destiny or life or whatever you wanna call it, but the whole point of the game was lost (what I said in my first post)... The story tells us we should move on and keep living, and the point was so obvious that miracle end was not needed to point it out. Yes Riki got stronger, but he wasn't meant to get stronger so he can save them.

Don't get me wrong I liked the ending, It was good for me, but even in the best things there are faults :D

I agree about that the theme is about moving on and keep living but its mostly growing up and also Kyousuke clearly stated in the Visual novel that he wanted Riki and Rin to be able to save all of them but he just thought that they will never be strong enough so he just changed his goal into making them strong enough to escape.

And to all of those here saying its a DEM ending, I agree that it wasnt the best ending but its NOT a DEM ending.There is a lot of theory explaining HOW it happened, I will quote one interesting someone told me and my own.

1. After the boys farewell Riki and Rin decided to run away and here is the hospital scene, then Kyousuke who was probably still in this world of -near death- communicated with Riki since he was in a near death state(if my memory serves right) and from there on Riki and Rin made their own world from wishes like how Kyousuke and the other made their. From their own world, Rin exhausted Komari wish now that she is stronger, and Riki went back to the past to cure his narcolepsy in the same way as he becomes stronger with the dream world.

Now they came back at the bus scene instead of the hospital because, they were like Kyousuke in his "return point" Riki and Rin entered their state of near-death at the bus scene with Kyousuke and all, so after quitting their world they just came back at the return point and there goes the good ending.
Sorry for my english..

2. I will quote it: But the thing is... that Riki never had narcolepsy. Think about it, there's a lot of symbolism in the novel, specially in the Mio, Kurugaya and Kud's routes, I believe that Riki's sickness was just a representation of his dependence on others (if you fall asleep, you're gonna need someone to take care of yourself, and someone was always by Riki's side when he woke up). Now you're wondering, why everyone actually believes that Riki has always had narcolepsy? Kyousuke wouldn't have any problems altering everyone else's memories, heck, even Mio/Midori did that on her route.

Riki falling asleep when trying to save his friends is Kyousuke's way of saying "don't try to help us, or this will happen to you", that's why he could talk when Riki when he was in the hospital, they were still in the dreamworld/metaworld, you don't really exit it until the second time you wake up in the accident. If you choose to help them the first time, after the bus blows up, a black screen shows up where Kyousuke basically says to Riki that he should just grab Rin and run away from there, and restarts the world until you do so (you return to the title screen until you choose not to help them).

Now, why Kyousuke tried to stop Riki and Rin from helping the rest of the gang?, well, even trying to help them in that situation was too risky, in fact, one little mistake in the choices when you are helping them (the second time, after Rin and Riki's refrain arcs) and you blow up in tiny little pieces (you return to the title screen, but this time because you simply get a dead end rather than Kyousuke restarting the world).

That's it, maybe I'm just thinking too hard because I don't want to accept an ending where they just create another metaworld/dreamworld as if running away (actually, there's a statement from Kyousuke in the drama CD that pretty much denies it) from reality, but this "theory" would leave no room to any plot-hole that LB is thought to have.

As for whose I like the most (coming back to the subject now) I prefer Little Busters because I prefer their character and it was sadder for me. But that only about the patch since CLANNAD patch was HORRIBLE. Their translation was mediocre and some stuff were missing like some title when you prank Fuko or the music disapeareance in Fuko route.
But also because im still young and so Friendship stuff affect me more then Familiy stuf. Also Little Busters had mystery and it hit hard at Refrain as for After Story I thought that it was a little slow as of all Clannad with complex route to enter(need a walkthrough). So I like Little busters more because of: better character, sadder, better patch, friendship>family(for me), and have a little bit of mystery.
Jun 28, 2014 7:19 PM
Sep 2013
Clannad has the better main storyline, though I guess I can see where opinions can differ on that. The biggest factor though, are the characters. Little Buster's female characters depend too much on "moe." I like a certain amount of moe but they take it a bit too far sometimes. The most important character is the main character and Riki just can't compare to Tomoya. I just can't enjoy a story where I can't tolerate the MC. Now I wouldn't say I can't tolerate Riki but I can't like him either.

I couldn't stand to even watch the anime cuz Riki's voice made his femininity even worse; this is the first instance that I am glad that visual novels generally don't voice their protagonist. Though even if he was voiced, I would just turn it off, like I did for the baseball mini-game; that's how much it bothered me.

Thai777 said:
friendship>family(for me).

You better have a real fucked up family then. It is near impossible to find a friend who would risk their life for you, who would throw away a vast portion of their wealth for you, who would dedicate their life for you. If you ever find a true friend who is willing to do the things that a family member is willing do for you, then you are truly fortunate. Some people might be under the delusion that their friends will, but the truth is that most friends won't.

Yes, it often feels like you have a better and more fun relationship with your friends than with your family members but when things truly comes to push and shove, a family member is MUCH more likely to be there for you whereas it is rare to find a friend who will do the same.
MrNTRJun 28, 2014 9:07 PM
Jun 29, 2014 6:33 PM

Jun 2014
Thai777 said:

You better have a real fucked up family then. It is near impossible to find a friend who would risk their life for you, who would throw away a vast portion of their wealth for you, who would dedicate their life for you. If you ever find a true friend who is willing to do the things that a family member is willing do for you, then you are truly fortunate. Some people might be under the delusion that their friends will, but the truth is that most friends won't.

Yes, it often feels like you have a better and more fun relationship with your friends than with your family members but when things truly comes to push and shove, a family member is MUCH more likely to be there for you whereas it is rare to find a friend who will do the same.[/quote]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh im sorry, you mistook me. Im not meaning that my family is less important then friend, I meant that I prefer to watch show about friends then about family since at my age(I'm a teen) I'm just under a illusion that my family is annoying. I'm sure you understadn that, when you are teen your family always seem annoying. But I'm 100% conscious about how family is important and how much they did for me.
Sep 16, 2015 2:03 PM
Jun 2014
If the "true" ending was without rin, then the VN was utter garbage. You don't play a romance focused VN just to end up with nothing. Such utter nonsense. I like both Rin and Kurugaya as the true endings. Problem with Kurugaya is that it was an one sided confession, and i guess that's to support the indecisive shit ending it apparently had in mind. But Rin happened, so that's plenty good enough for me!
Oct 21, 2016 8:21 AM
Oct 2016
MrNTR said:
Clannad has the better main storyline, though I guess I can see where opinions can differ on that. The biggest factor though, are the characters. Little Buster's female characters depend too much on "moe." I like a certain amount of moe but they take it a bit too far sometimes. The most important character is the main character and Riki just can't compare to Tomoya. I just can't enjoy a story where I can't tolerate the MC. Now I wouldn't say I can't tolerate Riki but I can't like him either.

I couldn't stand to even watch the anime cuz Riki's voice made his femininity even worse; this is the first instance that I am glad that visual novels generally don't voice their protagonist. Though even if he was voiced, I would just turn it off, like I did for the baseball mini-game; that's how much it bothered me.

Thai777 said:

Yes, it often feels like you have a better and more fun relationship with your friends than with your family members but when things truly comes to push and shove, a family member is MUCH more likely to be there for you whereas it is rare to find a friend who will do the same.

Riki's voice is ordinary... don't forget that animes japanese voices are variants and dissimilars than the reality ... Furthermore, you completely disgressing from the subject but anyway, you're wrong.

It's because it is almost impossible to find a() friend(s) who would risk his(their) life(s) for you that this anime was made ...
It motivates us to find this(these) friend(s), who'll do anything for you and reciprocally ...
And if some people can go as far for you while they are just friends, it's even more appreciable than the family ... because they're just "Friends", and absoluetly not members of your family ...
Something else, everybody already knows what's a family, the principle and above all the purpose of a family, so, this feeling is usually common and known to us ...
Well, the main point here is that everyone can have his opinion, but none of them (LB and Clannad) may not be comparable.
For me, LB was better than Clannad because : the worth of friendship was amazingly powerful, that means that even the friendship can be similar than familly ... and that's my principal reason.
Oct 28, 2016 12:54 PM

Dec 2011
Damn glad to see my heritage here is still alive after all those years!

I can't even remember if I finished Little Busters anime, I know I wasn't impressed half way along it, and got bored, while I replayed VN 2 times and had fun every single time!

So just based on that as far as anime got Clannad > LB. Then again check my avatar, signature and profile. Hints that I'd say the same anyway
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.