Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2012 9:42 PM

Mar 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Aug 15, 2015 10:53 AM

Jul 2015
I feel so sorry for his fiancee :(
Nov 7, 2015 1:49 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Light is one sick bastard... I lovin' it.

5/5
Jul 6, 2017 8:54 AM
Jun 2017
Guys I have a question. Who did Raye Penber call in order to ask for the files? Did he call another FBI agent in Japan? That should not be possible since the agents did not know each other. So who did he call?
Nov 5, 2021 10:34 AM

Sep 2016
God damn it, Light! Raye was one of the most innocent person out there, doing his job and ready to form a family. And you not only kill him, but make him write the names of the FBI agents on the Death Note, dooming him to not being able to go to neither heaven nor hell. He didn't deserved this!!!
Nov 5, 2021 10:38 AM

Sep 2016
dimitris22 said:
Guys I have a question. Who did Raye Penber call in order to ask for the files? Did he call another FBI agent in Japan? That should not be possible since the agents did not know each other. So who did he call?

I know I'm late to this, but he called an FBI agent with a lower rank, so it's probably someone who has a desk job in the bureau.
Nov 7, 2022 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
Ratio is calculated and cold, he's terrifying! He isn't afraid of Ryuk and goes as far as to talk down to him. Poor Raye Penber. He was going to conclude his findings and clear Ratio of any wrong. If he left it at that I'm sure Ratio could have found another way of getting the list of FBI agents. He just had to be egotistical and get the police to turn on L using an innocent person.
Jun 3, 2023 9:26 PM
Apr 2021
If the FBI and police knew they were working on such a dangerous case of Kira and that they can die anytime, they should have thought of keeping a trigger or something to send an instant signal to L when anyone of them gets in touch with Kira before he kills them, for emergencies like this. It should have been like this atleast for the FBI agents investigating the Japanese police.
Jun 3, 2023 9:42 PM
Apr 2021
OgaZoSo said:
God damn it, Light! Raye was one of the most innocent person out there, doing his job and ready to form a family. And you not only kill him, but make him write the names of the FBI agents on the Death Note, dooming him to not being able to go to neither heaven nor hell. He didn't deserved this!!!

Only if it was L in place of Raye or if Raye was smart enough he would have figured out that light did not know the face of those FBI agents, it's him who's killing his colleagues because only he was seeing their faces on the laptop and writing their names. Only if he could figure this out, he could have written light's name instead and ended the case at the same time. I'm sure if it was L in place of Raye this case would have ended then and there.
Nov 21, 2023 3:30 PM

Apr 2023
yea no so far im definitely enjoying the manga way more, the execution is so good honestly im just upset the anime changed the storytelling order
Feb 6, 3:34 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to OgaZoSo
@OgaZoSo i know its been a few days since you wrote this but im just now reading the manga and i think your wrong he had the death note in his hands but light had some kind of cover over the actual page and only left a few holes to write the names so i think cause raye didnt touch the book or page directly hes "save" i guess
edit : thats probably also why were not seeing ryuk anywere

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 108 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jul 9, 2007

55 by worldsfuckk »»
Apr 15, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 95 Discussion

GoldenDevilGamer - Nov 7, 2015

4 by worldsfuckk »»
Apr 13, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 7 Discussion

brucescrews - Mar 28, 2012

9 by iamupinacloud »»
Mar 15, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 1 Discussion

BlackAssassin - Oct 15, 2007

24 by STARbtw »»
Mar 14, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 106 Discussion

Heneshi - Nov 20, 2012

9 by animalia »»
Jan 24, 5:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.