Forum Settings
Forums

Hello forum, lets get to know one and other.

New
Sep 5, 2008 9:28 PM

Jun 2008
Hey, my name is Ryan and I'm new here. I made this account months ago yet I only recently got around to actually using it. So far I'm really digging the site, I love how organized and user friendly it is. My top 3 favorite animes are Ergo Proxy, Elfen Lied and Gantz, I really enjoy series which are very dark, deep, graphic and serious in nature. To me it's series with those qualities which possess the most powerful emotional impact the majority of the time. If you have any recommendations for me by all means fire away. The more complex, deep, and graphic something is the better in my opinion.

As some what of an ice breaker aside from anime I'm an avid vinyl collector, my collection consists entirely of modern releases, many of which limited to less than 200 copies. I guess most people would describe the bands I listen to as 'hardcore;' which is a little vague in some cases, but spot on in others. For an idea a few of my favorite bands are Pg 99, On The Might Of Princes, and Circle Takes The Square.

Anyways, that is just one of my hobbies/interests, introduce yourselves and share your favorite anime(s) as well as some other hobbies or interests you have. Maybe it will prove conversation worthy.
Sep 5, 2008 9:46 PM

Mar 2008
Hello post, welcome to MAL! XP

My favorite anime would be Higurashi/Kai. Uhm...recommendations....how about Baccano? It's not really that complex or deep, and is more of a fun series. But since you liked Cowboy Bebop I'm just throwing it out there, since I find them kind of similar.

Sep 5, 2008 9:57 PM

Jun 2008
ppizzapie said:
Hello post, welcome to MAL! XP

My favorite anime would be Higurashi/Kai. Uhm...recommendations....how about Baccano? It's not really that complex or deep, and is more of a fun series. But since you liked Cowboy Bebop I'm just throwing it out there, since I find them kind of similar.

Thanks, I'll check it out after I finish with the other series I'm currently viewing. Hopefully I'll be able to find dubs for it, my ADHD pretty much forbids me from multitasking.
Sep 5, 2008 10:32 PM

Mar 2008
skramzkid said:

Thanks, I'll check it out after I finish with the other series I'm currently viewing. Hopefully I'll be able to find dubs for it, my ADHD pretty much forbids me from multitasking.

Oh, it's licensed, but no idea when the DVDs will come out...T_T
Sep 5, 2008 10:48 PM

Jun 2008
ppizzapie said:
skramzkid said:

Oh, it's licensed, but no idea when the DVDs will come out...T_T

I'll probably be able to find it on a site dedicated to only dubs. Who is it licensed under?
Sep 5, 2008 10:54 PM

Mar 2008
Funimation, but when I meant no idea when the DVDs will come out, it's cause the license was just announced about a month ago, so it'll take a while for them to come out...Sorry v_v
Sep 5, 2008 11:05 PM

Jun 2008
ppizzapie said:
Funimation, but when I meant no idea when the DVDs will come out, it's cause the license was just announced about a month ago, so it'll take a while for them to come out...Sorry v_v

So was this series part of the Genoen buy out by any chance? By the way, Funimation are complete nazis when it comes to their anime being posted online.
Sep 5, 2008 11:12 PM

Jun 2008
welcome!!
Sep 5, 2008 11:12 PM

Jun 2008
welcome!!
Sep 5, 2008 11:33 PM

Jul 2008
Welcome to mall i totally avoid dark anime
Sep 6, 2008 2:38 AM

Apr 2008
welcome...have fun ^^
Sep 6, 2008 2:55 AM

Feb 2007
Welcome to the forums!

Read your Elfen Lied review, and was pleasantly surprised to see it as the highest rated EL review on the EL page, and it happened in only a day! Hope to see some more reviews with that much quality.

Fav animes are Samurai Champloo and Higurashi. I recommend both if you haven't already seen them.
Sep 6, 2008 2:57 AM

May 2007
Ossu! ( ^^)/'

Not really into dark stuff but it's cool once in a while for me. :)
Sep 6, 2008 12:49 PM

Jun 2008
BlueYoshi said:
Welcome to the forums!

Read your Elfen Lied review, and was pleasantly surprised to see it as the highest rated EL review on the EL page, and it happened in only a day! Hope to see some more reviews with that much quality.

Fav animes are Samurai Champloo and Higurashi. I recommend both if you haven't already seen them.

It's not that I'm surprised at the rating, but how quickly it got that rating. Either way, it's great to know appreciate it. :)
Sep 6, 2008 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, you like some heavy hitters. Unfortunately, my suggestion of Paranoia Agent is already on your list. I guess you could try Blue Seed or Blue Gender, though I don't think they meet up to the quality of what you've already seen.
Sep 7, 2008 6:52 AM

Apr 2008
Hey man, welcome to MAL.. awesome to hear about your Vinyls.. that is a worth while collection to have.

Sep 7, 2008 7:49 AM

Jun 2008
So, welcome to MAL. You've got a nice anime taste, yeah.
Sep 7, 2008 8:12 AM

Aug 2008
Welcome to MAL. I have seen or will eventually see most of what you've got there, so I'd have to say I like your tastes.
Sep 7, 2008 8:40 AM

Feb 2008
Welcome to MAL, Ryan ^_^
You can check my favorite animes at my profile. I recommend all of them btw =P

More topics from this board

» I'm a weeb.

Gashadokur0 - 4 hours ago

4 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
1 hour ago

» Hi!

removed-user - May 1

9 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
5 hours ago

» Yo!

ASHLEY-HOT-SHOT - May 4

7 by Loathsome »»
5 hours ago

» Hiya everyone!

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 4

6 by Loathsome »»
5 hours ago

» Hi I'm french and I love animes and manga and I search people with same taste !!!

SparklyBee4907 - Apr 30

3 by Loathsome »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.