Forum Settings
Forums

Difference between a Yakuza and a Mafia? :O

New
Feb 12, 2012 3:10 AM

Feb 2012
ehhhhh??? I'm so confused ^^" Would someone please tell me the difference between these two? Aren't they both gangsters? So what's the difference? :O
I'mma persistent little bugger ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La-LA-la- Nikka-kouhai reporting for duty! ^^ Ready to be anyone's imouto-chan >u<
Feb 12, 2012 3:16 AM

Jun 2008
Yakuza is simply what they call the japanese mafia. Nothing more.
Feb 12, 2012 3:24 AM

Aug 2011
The Yakuza like Kuroneko while the Mafia like Kirino.
Feb 12, 2012 3:25 AM

Dec 2011
If you are really asking... This is how I see it...

Aside from the obvious Yakuza are based in Japan and Mafia is more of a American/European based organization.

Yakuza are more present in everyday life. For instance they run some of the top companies in Japan. You can walk down the street in Japan and easily spot a group of Yakuza at say a Pachinco parlor. The mafia are generally a more behind the scene type of organization that will run business fronts to cover whatever they are doing. The mafia is more frowned upon in the community whereas the Yakuza tend to hold a level of respect since like I said run well know companies and Japan has a dont cause trouble there wont be trouble approach to it.

Yakua and Mafia are the same in the way though when it comes to the leaders/elders whatever you want to call them. They both run a ladder type of organization and the higher up you get the more respected they are. Even in the community.

Feb 12, 2012 4:07 AM

Feb 2012
Ohh okay...so basically they are gangsters except that the mafia is somewhat more secretive? :)
I'mma persistent little bugger ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La-LA-la- Nikka-kouhai reporting for duty! ^^ Ready to be anyone's imouto-chan >u<
Feb 12, 2012 4:23 AM

Dec 2011
nikasanyuu said:
Ohh okay...so basically they are gangsters except that the mafia is somewhat more secretive? :)

Thats one way of putting it yeah lol!

Feb 12, 2012 4:28 AM

Dec 2010
Culturally different. Like how yakuza practice yubitsume. Only real difference I know.

More topics from this board

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 7 hours ago

30 by Pokitaru »»
5 minutes ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

34 by Animefan57546 »»
6 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

39 by Animefan57546 »»
7 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

126 by FanofAction »»
8 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - Yesterday

30 by palm-tree »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.