Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2012 11:20 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor, poor Zenigata; the ending where he's a total hobbo was just a cherry on top.

I found Nico Robin fused with Chihiro-chan to be quite enjoyable. I loved the concept of losing your memory and even loved how Lupin played a part in trying to beat such a fault.

I'd love to see what Lupin was seeing when Fujiko was doing her... exercises...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2014 9:50 PM

Jun 2010
Great first third, but then it really bogs down and never comes back. The mystery of Lupin's missing memory, something that the movie could ride for quite a while, is dispelled way too soon and merely in a boring exposition scene.

Drew was not one of the more interesting Lupin III heroines.
Jan 14, 2019 6:25 PM

Nov 2017
I liked how colorful this one was, and the main story with Lupin losing his memories.

That part at the end with Zenigata almost broke me, I mean I knew he was going to get his memories back and that all sorts of things have happened to him by this point, but he always had his singular obsession with Lupin to get him through that, it hurt to see him so beaten down and innocent, I mean I've grown really attached to him, I can't quite describe the relief I felt when he regained his memories.
ShamiyanahJan 14, 2019 6:38 PM
Aug 14, 2019 5:11 AM

Sep 2011
This one wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The thought of losing your memories is really scary though. I wonder how Lupin must have felt when he "woke up" and couldn't remember anything. Zenigata had it rough too, his most important moment here was in the start when he almost prevented Lupin from escaping with the lamp because he "saw through" every single one of his moves. xD Good thing he recovered his memory in the end though. For a moment I thought that the special was just going to end and forget about his condition. lol

Drew was okay too. I wonder what happened to Adam in the end though. He said "sorry" so I think he realized that what he was doing was wrong. We didn't see him dying, Goemon didn't let Garlic shoot him. But we don't see him with Drew in the end either, but I guess he survived since Lupin said she was busy with work. I want to believe he did. He did something terrible by trying to create a world without conflict like this, those people were just zombies. But he was also someone who saw hell up close and wanted to change this reality to something "better." Fujiko didn't have much time to shine here either, she was working with Adam from the beginning to get both Lupin and Garlic, but she didn't fight or anything. And she was even exposed for no reason. It was kind of sad.

Goemon was really cool though, even without his "impure thoughts", but only in the scene in which he took all of Lupin's hidden tools. XD Garlic seemed really afraid of him though, he didn't try to face him not even once, and it was Goemon who ended him. I guess he was an antagonist who knew his limitations, no one can stand against Goemon in a fair fight. Maybe Lupin, Jigen, and Fujiko, though I can't remember if the the last one ever happened, but not even them. xD And Jigen was cool too, he really cares about Lupin, running after him to help him even when he wasn't making any sense.
Oct 31, 2022 10:44 AM
Apr 2021
It wasn't that good for the second time as for the first.But I still like Drew.I remember rooting for her to not die when I saw it last year.Luckily most of the Lupin girls don't die.I still didn't get a few things (for example the whole "forget memories at 7 o'clock" thing because we only saw that twice)but I think it is even now one of the most enjoyable Lupin specials from the 2000's.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.