3It was OK
4.8%
2Disliked it
9.5%
1Hated it
4.8%
Average 4.2
21 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2012 4:33 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now this is a Lupin movie that I thoroughly enjoyed!
00It had a great heroine,a pinch of adventure and touching moments. The huge thing coming from this was the lovely amount of breasts from Fujiko and Lara; Having Fujikko in her lingerie was also great. Garters and thongs are the best.

The ending was great too... even if Jabba the Hut was present.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2013 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah, nice tities. And music is really great.

"Tsuki to Taiyou no Meguri" by Aya Hisakawa
kusushiFeb 2, 2013 10:09 PM
Jan 4, 2014 12:32 PM

Jun 2010
I hated this one. I don't think it could have been more dull. The heroine had very little presence, Lupin (a greedy treasure-hunter) gets too easily involved involved in altruism, and I find it hard to imagine why he becomes as attached to Lara as he does.

Sexiness has very often been part of Lupin, but just contriving uncomfortable situations for the female characters to be naked isn't very sexy. There's more nudity in this than maybe in everything that went before put together, but only a fraction of the sexiness.

Jean's real role in the story was awkwardly obvious from almost the very beginning. Why would this Commissioner character be so important? Why would he turn out to have historical ties to the city if he's only there to bother the chief of police about Lupin? Of course he turns out to be the masked villain! It's more shocking that the final reveal was played as a surprise that Lupin was supposed to very clever to have figured out.
Dec 7, 2014 8:20 AM

Dec 2012
So wait. How DID they get out of the quick sand
Dec 15, 2014 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Suitedup said:
So wait. How DID they get out of the quick sand

asspull, quicksand has an ass now.
Jan 5, 2019 12:16 PM

Nov 2017
I really liked that desert, the dunes and sand along with Lupin's white suit were visually appealing. The music was good too.

The little old man was also far more impressive than I expected.

I also really enjoyed Fujiko kicking that wall causing it to crumble revealing the real treasure, as important as them working together to rebuild is, actual treasure would also really help. Also, it was funny when Fujiko wouldn't accept the message about working together as an acceptable treasure.
Jun 1, 2019 4:06 PM

Sep 2011
Dolune wasn't kidding when he told Lupin that he reminded him of himself, Fujiko even thought that it was Lupin on that painting. Let's just hope Lupin won't get like him when he gets old, that was one sad state to be in. But well, he sent his "baby" to meet and help his granddaughter in her time of need, and I liked that Lupin went back there to give him peace in the end. I believe those were tears of gratitude and relief. Fujiko was blonde here by the way, like in Cagliostro, and also more aggressive and exposed than usual. I loved her entrance with that bike in the final confront though.

The main antagonist being actually an imposter was a nice twist too, but I guess it was easy for Lupin to see it coming with the little he heard about the true son of the elder. The Gelt were a strong people too. They fell to those new weapons, but they were still fighting to rebuild their kingdom years later. Sadachiyo was strong too, he gave Lupin a lot of trouble and it took Goemon, who trained with him and couldn't stand to see him selling his skills like that, to kill him. And it's a bit too much that he was able to break the Zantetsuken, but it isn't the first time it happens, so. lol Oh, and I liked how it seemed that the treasure was "only" motivational words at first, and how Fujiko found the real true treasure kicking the wall out of frustration. lol It's a pity she couldn't get away with a single diamond though.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.