Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 4, 2012 1:40 PM

Feb 2011
a Deus Ex Machina is only good at the beginning of a series hallway through is bad. Im hoping they make it better but what can i say its a shounen that is trying to be a seinen.
Jan 4, 2012 2:03 PM

Dec 2009
Karhu said:
Ignorance of the fans is hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

DraconisMarch said:
It's WILLFUL ignorance. Can't forget the "willful" part.

I agree completely with you two.

Am I cool now?
Jan 4, 2012 2:38 PM
Jan 2012
Karhu said:
Ignorance of the fans is hilarious and pathetic at the same time.
Arn't you a fan of guilty crown aswell? doubt it more like a hater/critic. You think you know everything but you dont.

DraconisMarch said:
It's WILLFUL ignorance. Can't forget the "willful" part.

Your just the same.

Sir_Lexa said:

Am I cool now?
LOL get a life.
Jan 4, 2012 2:52 PM

Dec 2009
@Skyz-The-Limit

Try to calm the fuck down. You'll just give Draco more reasons to use his stupid facepalm emoticonthingy.

The best thing the fans of Guilty Crown can do is ignore these so called "elites" and "smart" users. Let them think that they are high and mighty and continue to enjoy the show. Why do you care so freaking much about other people's opinions?
Sir_LexaJan 4, 2012 2:58 PM
Jan 4, 2012 3:10 PM
Jan 2012
Sir_Lexa said:
@Skyz-The-Limit

Why do you care so freaking much about other people's opinions?

Because their posts are biased and arrogant.
Jan 4, 2012 5:48 PM

Aug 2011
Sir_Lexa said:

Am I cool now?
Sure why not.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
Sir_Lexa said:
@Skyz-The-Limit

Arrogant? Perhaps. Biased? Only if you call not liking shit biased. You're obviously new, so let me fill you in: Most of us who are currently criticizing GC were looking forward to it because it had a lot of promise; it seemed like it was going to be good. So if anything, we were initially biased in its favor. (Most people probably were.) Now that we see it for what it really is, we changed our minds. If anything, it's you who is biased. You defend the series ravenously with no foundation to stand on. You're never able to refute simple points and observations people make; you just deny or ignore them. Still, you keep trying, and for what?

There's a word for someone with illogical devotion to something even if it sucks: fanboy.
Jan 4, 2012 6:41 PM

Dec 2010
Sir_Lexa said:
@Skyz-The-Limit

Try to calm the fuck down. You'll just give Draco more reasons to use his stupid facepalm emoticonthingy.

Agreed. It takes up an unnecessary amount of space. In case it's reading this, [spoiler*] [/spoiler*]. Just remove the asterisk.

The best thing the fans of Guilty Crown can do is ignore these so called "elites" and "smart" users. Let them think that they are high and mighty and continue to enjoy the show. Why do you care so freaking much about other people's opinions?

Now that we've acknowledged they're irredeemably uncivil and pompous jerks, I'd have to agree. Seriously, can't even enjoy a little chatter on the GC subforum because of them. Always "The show is shit" or "you're wrong". So I agree absolutely. Let's ignore them and hope they die from the alck of attention.
Jan 4, 2012 7:16 PM
Dec 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:
Sir_Lexa said:
@Skyz-The-Limit

Though you should probably ignore everyone else's opinion, the most biased arguments are those of the fanboys. People wouldn't come pick up this show if it looked bad. No one planned to watch this [before knowing its terrible] just to criticize it. The best part of the show is deff the trailer from funi.

As horrendous as it is, Angel Beats! would be better off with a 2 season show.
Jan 5, 2012 9:33 AM

Nov 2009
The best part of GC is the arguments :D

And the hate... yeah... the hate lol...
Jan 5, 2012 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
Skyz-The-Limit said:
DraconisMarch said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:
You say its a rip off, care to justify your point?
DraconisMarch said:
This is why arguing with these people is a complete waste of time.
There are some similaraties but you cant call it a rip off.
Telling other people to prove it rips off other anime is like telling someone to prove the sky is blue: It's just obvious.

It uses dozens of cliches and uses major concepts from several prominent, already-successful anime. If you can't see what these are, I'm already wasting time. Figure it out yourself.

I don't know if you knew this, but...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ripoff

Ripoff = steal. GC obviously steals central/important concepts from said predecessors--not just tropes. You people seem to be thinking that ripoff = plagiarizing the story entirely, and this is not the case.

The reason why GC has done this is because the fans liked the donzens of cliches and major concepts from previous anime, combining strenghts from other anime and implementing it to their own ideas to make it different, is that a rip off?
Yes.
Jan 5, 2012 10:50 AM

Dec 2007
It'll be a flashback with cut scenes of the present, what i'm hoping for seriously hoping for, is that gc will not turn out to be like tenjou tenge...
Jan 5, 2012 11:15 AM
Jan 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Arrogant? Perhaps. Biased? Only if you call not liking shit biased. Most of us who are currently criticizing GC were looking forward to it because it had a lot of promise; it seemed like it was going to be good. So if anything, we were initially biased in its favor. (Most people probably were.) Now that we see it for what it really is, we changed our minds.

Isnt it your fault for 'judging it by its cover', fair enough it was overhyped because of big names (Production i.g and supercell), doesnt change the fact its just another anime. I came across this through word of mouth, i checked out the trailer and thought it was decent, then i started watching it, already 3 episodes had aired. i thought it was good from watching the first 3.

DraconisMarch said:
If anything, it's you who is biased.

There's a word for someone with illogical devotion to something even if it sucks: fanboy.

LOL your calling me biased & a fanboy? Dont be judgemental, i am a fan of GC, ive stated that it has plot holes, the character development isn't great and its inconsistent? is this being biased? The highest i could give this anime is a 9 rating, however that depends on the 2nd half of the show, it still has potential to be really good.

But i wonder, if you dislike it that much, why carry on? is it to tell us "i told you so", if so, you might aswell drop it. Or is it because you think it still has potential too?

DraconisMarch said:
You're never able to refute simple points and observations people make; you just deny or ignore them.

Where have i done this? since you mentioned ignored, have you replied to my recent post, refuting against your rip off claim?
Jan 5, 2012 12:54 PM

Aug 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:
LOL your calling me biased & a fanboy? Dont be judgemental, i am a fan of GC, ive stated that it has plot holes, the character development isn't great and its inconsistent? is this being biased? The highest i could give this anime is a 9 rating, however that depends on the 2nd half of the show, it still has potential to be really good.
Yes, you are biased, and you are a fanboy. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how you could POSSIBLY even CONSIDER rating this a 9 with how utterly terrible it is. Oh right... that's what fanboys do. You understate its flaws and only even acknowledge a few, when there are indeed more. The only way something can get a 9 is if its pros outweight its cons by a considerable margin. Guilty Crown has 2 pros: animation and music. Everything else is bad. Good animation and music cannot excuse failure in every other aspect.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
But i wonder, if you dislike it that much, why carry on? is it to tell us "i told you so", if so, you might aswell drop it. Or is it because you think it still has potential too?
This has been answered numerous times in numerous threads.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
since you mentioned ignored, have you replied to my recent post, refuting against your rip off claim?
Uh... nothing you've said even challenged that statement. If this is what you're talking about:

Skyz-The-Limit said:
The reason why GC has done this is because the fans liked the donzens of cliches and major concepts from previous anime, combining strenghts from other anime and implementing it to their own ideas to make it different, is that a rip off?

Using someone else's ideas in a different way isnt "stealing" them, some of the ideas GC have created may of paid off where as others haven't. its like painting a picture using the same colours, brushes, ect.... coming out with a completely different picture from the original, although keeping some similarities from it. Is that theft? Is it cheating?

Im sure loads of other anime have done this in the past, are they rip off's aswell?

How do you know whether code geass/Eureka 7 has taken major concepts from previous anime?
I didn't respond to it because it sounded rhetorical and obvious. ReaperEXE's simple "yes" is good enough. To expound slightly: The fact of the matter is that there's NOTHING in GC that's even remotely original (except for maybe Segai's character; but with how this series is, I probably just haven't yet SEEN which character he's a ripoff of). It's just a mashup of successful concepts from other series, but completely FAILS at doing them. Yes, other anime DO use other series as springboards, but they at least have originality of their own. You can't draw obvious connections and parallels between it and other series for every fuckin' thing.

And your painting analogy is retarded. GC is obviously more like a case where you cut out pieces of different art works and paste them together; like cutting out the Mona Lisa's face and sticking it to a backdrop of Starry Night, with many other things sprinkled in for good measure. What's worse, you have the gall to dub it "original". ROFL.

Wait. Did you just say fans LIKE cliches? LOL no. Not if they have the thinking power of a toaster oven. Cliches are bad. It seems to me like you don't even know what a cliche is. Let me help:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cliche

At LEAST read the first two sentences. This is also applicable:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ClicheStorm

Note this part:

Cliche Storm said:
Remember, this is not always a bad thing; many a Cliché Storm is also a guilty pleasure, or even, dare we say it, exactly what the audience wants in the first place. You can see from some examples that people often intentionally create as big a Cliche storm as possible...and then start having fun with all of the Cliches.
Like I pointed out, the creators self-titled this series as "original." It's not trying to be fun. It just shamelessly steals from everyone and hopes the viewer isn't smart enough to figure it out. And nobody here is saying they're watching it BECAUSE of the cliche storm. I wonder why.

inb4 grasping at straws...

PS: Who was it again that said "it will improve" would happen because it had more votes than everything else combined? Well...
DraconisMarchJan 5, 2012 1:03 PM
Jan 5, 2012 12:55 PM

Jan 2011
so much potential but now its just retarded. Beginning looked promising and stayed good till a point where it just slowly gets killed. now the series hit its low and definetly needs a comeback to redeem itself.

in honest opinion i think it wil slowly improve to a point where it can be called good or decent by the end of it.
this is my god damn signature.
Jan 5, 2012 2:28 PM
Jan 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Yes, you are biased, and you are a fanboy. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how you could POSSIBLY even CONSIDER rating this a 9 with how utterly terrible it is. Oh right... that's what fanboys do. You understate its flaws and only even acknowledge a few, when there are indeed more. The only way something can get a 9 is if its pros outweight its cons by a considerable margin. Guilty Crown has 2 pros: animation and music. Everything else is bad. Good animation and music cannot excuse failure in every other aspect.

Its a solid 7 atm, because of its animation, music and entertainment, it has alot of action, sure its clusterfucked but its intense, if they can somehow find a way to stay consistent, develop the main characters in depth and cut some of the others out, explain alot in 11 episodes then it still has the possibility of getting a low 9.

DraconisMarch said:
GC is obviously more like a case where you cut out pieces of different art works and paste them together; like cutting out the Mona Lisa's face and sticking it to a backdrop of Starry Night, with many other things sprinkled in for good measure.

I'd rather you say this than calling it a rip off, it isnt completely a rip off.

DraconisMarch said:
What's worse, you have the gall to dub it "original". ROFL.
i didnt say it was original! its far from it, but i'd like to see more anime try, even if they take pages from predecessors.

DraconisMarch said:
It seems to me like you don't even know what a cliche is. Let me help:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cliche

At LEAST read the first two sentences. This is also applicable:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ClicheStorm

Note this part:

Cliche Storm said:
Remember, this is not always a bad thing; many a Cliché Storm is also a guilty pleasure, or even, dare we say it, exactly what the audience wants in the first place. You can see from some examples that people often intentionally create as big a Cliche storm as possible...and then start having fun with all of the Cliches.
Like I pointed out, the creators self-titled this series as "original." It's not trying to be fun. It just shamelessly steals from everyone and hopes the viewer isn't smart enough to figure it out. And nobody here is saying they're watching it BECAUSE of the cliche storm. I wonder why.

Thank you for enlightening me with this, with this.... amazing word called cliche, i am eternally grateful that youve taken your time to explain, now i have increased my knowledge by a whole lot, i appreciate this.

DraconisMarch said:
PS: Who was it again that said "it will improve" would happen because it had more votes than everything else combined? Well...

idk?
Jan 5, 2012 2:42 PM

Oct 2010
CrimsonLight said:
Deux Ex Machina.
Shu becomes a man!
Evil Shu will the new man for us! I say it can only improve but only if MORE EVIL SHU appears! Right? Here is why:
Looks cooler than Shu!
Is less pussy than Shu!
Just does things cooler than Shu!
Looks better than Shu looks!
Anyone agrees?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 5, 2012 3:14 PM

Sep 2011
I am not sure what to think anymore after the episodes 1-11 has given me, so much illogical inconsistency.

putting randoms pieces together will not finish the puzzle
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 5, 2012 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
CrimsonLight said:
Deux Ex Machina.
Shu becomes a man!
Evil Shu will the new man for us! I say it can only improve but only if MORE EVIL SHU appears! Right? Here is why:
Looks cooler than Shu!
Is less pussy than Shu!
Just does things cooler than Shu!
Looks better than Shu looks!
Anyone agrees?

Well, I cannot find any disagreeing right off the beginning
Jan 5, 2012 3:57 PM

Aug 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:
Its a solid 7 atm, because of its animation, music and entertainment, it has alot of action, sure its clusterfucked but its intense, if they can somehow find a way to stay consistent, develop the main characters in depth and cut some of the others out, explain alot in 11 episodes then it still has the possibility of getting a low 9.
Still giving it way too much credit.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
I'd rather you say this than calling it a rip off, it isnt completely a rip off.
At least you can acknowledge that it is.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
DraconisMarch said:
Was talking about the creators' claims.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
Thank you for enlightening me with this, with this.... amazing word called cliche, i am eternally grateful that youve taken your time to explain, now i have increased my knowledge by a whole lot, i appreciate this.
Sarcasm? You obviously didn't think it was a bad thing, so...

Skyz-The-Limit said:
DraconisMarch said:
idk?
Rhetorical question.
Jan 5, 2012 5:23 PM

May 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:
Them rating is still 10/10.

Actually it's solid 3/10 cuz animation, music and entertainment. Every other thing is utter shit.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 5, 2012 6:00 PM

Sep 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:

Skyz-The-Limit said:
At least you can acknowledge that it is.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
DraconisMarch said:
Was talking about the creators' claims.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
Sarcasm? You obviously didn't think it was a bad thing, so...

Skyz-The-Limit said:
DraconisMarch said:
idk?
Rhetorical question.

Wait, do you realize that the creators meant original anime as in not adapted from any previous medium(AKA, Light Novel, Game, or manga)? Because I am sure that's what they meant, they can't possibly...
Jan 5, 2012 6:22 PM

Jul 2011
Shu should wake up from the nightmare that was season one, only to realize that the nightmare was actually a vision of the future. Therefore, when he wakes up, he'll decide not to act like an impudent little bitch, and decides to man the fuck up. Therefore, it'll essentially be him avoiding the mistakes he did and ultimately saving the world.

Oh and Inori never existed, was just part of his wet-dream. Come to think of it, she would be ideal. Apathetic and Attractive, can't get rejected from that.
Jan 5, 2012 6:30 PM
Dec 2008
If they continue the story and don't fall back into episodic content, then I believe it can only improve.

If only the story would have been better presented, this could have been so much better :(
Jan 5, 2012 7:18 PM

Sep 2011
mdz said:
Shu should wake up from the nightmare that was season one, only to realize that the nightmare was actually a vision of the future. Therefore, when he wakes up, he'll decide not to act like an impudent little bitch, and decides to man the fuck up. Therefore, it'll essentially be him avoiding the mistakes he did and ultimately saving the world.

Oh and Inori never existed, was just part of his wet-dream. Come to think of it, she would be ideal. Apathetic and Attractive, can't get rejected from that.

and who would be the "heroine"? HMM?
Jan 5, 2012 8:18 PM

Dec 2010
GodlyKyon said:
mdz said:

Ayase! Ayase! Ayase or completely troll us by making it into a BL of Daryl and Shu! I might even like that
Jan 5, 2012 8:32 PM

Sep 2011
Lauriet said:
GodlyKyon said:
mdz said:

Ayase! Ayase! Ayase or completely troll us by making it into a BL of Daryl and Shu! I might even like that

Yes! Yes! Ayashu woot. I am serious, Inori has to one of TGE most boring heroines in any anime. Plus, Ayashu might actually make or sense.

Pkease writers, let Inori be a decoy heroine.
Jan 5, 2012 9:40 PM

Jul 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Lauriet said:
GodlyKyon said:
mdz said:

Yes! Yes! Ayashu woot. I am serious, Inori has to one of TGE most boring heroines in any anime. Plus, Ayashu might actually make or sense.

Pkease writers, let Inori be a decoy heroine.

I still don´t give a damn about the characters, but I support this just for the sake of a better direction to the storyline (and for the sake of making our suffering not in vain)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.