Forum Settings
Forums

How to start reading manga, if you just watched anime..?

New
Dec 23, 2011 5:01 PM

Jul 2011
Well.. I have read Dragonball manga, but.. nothing else.
So have you some tips how I should start reading manga and where is best places to read them (Online)?

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Dec 23, 2011 5:42 PM

Apr 2011
Just start reading, no big deal, a good site is mangareader.net
Dec 23, 2011 6:15 PM

Aug 2011
Batoto hosts group's ads with their comics for paticipating groups.

Mangafox and Mangareader has more manga avaliable.

Mangareader do not upload omake+bonus chapters of the manga. Mangareader has no discussion forum for all specific manga unlike the other 2.

Mangafox uploads everything.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Dec 23, 2011 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
www.mangatraders.com

is another good one. The best way to get direct links and keep track of everything is www.mangaupdates.com, though.
Dec 23, 2011 9:21 PM

Mar 2009
From the anime you've liked that have manga, read the manga then move on to reading manga with genres that you like. Mangafox and Mangareader are good.
Dec 24, 2011 2:43 AM

Jul 2011
Thanks for everyone :)
Mangafox sounds good for me.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Dec 24, 2011 3:52 AM
Sep 2011
AlexSadist-sama said:
From the anime you've liked that have manga, read the manga then move on to reading manga with genres that you like. Mangafox and Mangareader are good.

Exactly. Think of it as an extension of your favourite series'.
Dec 24, 2011 7:00 AM
Feb 2009
I'd start by researching really good titles that cover the genres you're most interested in. MAL is great for discovering new series to enjoy. You can use the recommendation feature on the pages featuring various anime or manga or you could simply ask users directly in the manga recommendations forum. The important thing is to find a good series that hooks you and makes you want more.

Some things to watch out for. Make sure that the site you're reading from has all the current translated chapters and that they are in the correct order. It's easy to get caught up in the reading and not notice that you just jumped from chapter 24 to chapter 84. This could mean potential spoilers which could ruin your enjoyment.

As for me, I rarely ever read manga. First manga I read was maybe the last few chapters of Aishiteruze Baby from where the anime dropped off. After that it was Rosario + Vampire which was entertaining but shallow. It wasn't until someone convinced me to read Nana that I realized how amazing manga could be. As a result I've been looking to find my next manga fix.
Dec 24, 2011 8:20 AM

Dec 2011
If you're not sure what Manga to read then just look at the anime's you've watched and read the manga version of them instead. Like what I do :D I like doing that lots because then you get to read through the manga and see the difference between the anime and manga :)

I read all my manga on mangafox.com

More topics from this board

» How many of the top 50 manga on MAL have you read?

Mr_Libra - 2 hours ago

0 by Mr_Libra »»
2 hours ago

» Why do you think MAL users don't read manga?

Nyron - Feb 7

36 by Saiunknown »»
10 hours ago

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5934 by DigiCat »»
12 hours ago

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

54 by Nekoburger »»
Yesterday, 2:30 PM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

398 by Chicuong0911 »»
Yesterday, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.