Forum Settings
Forums

Theme Song Singer of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Spoils His Career By Insulting Horie Yui

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 14, 2012 11:30 AM
Jan 2012
"No one messes with Horie Yui and gets away with it! He got what was coming to him. Asshole."

Comments like this are disgusting.

It was immediately removed and he apologised. This was a post on his blog, somewhere he should be allowed to voice his opinion. The post wasn't made to insult her but to comment on how the looks seiyuu seem to affect their careers. 'I don't say it's good or bad. It's a matter of taste.'

Everything he said perfectly valid and understandable. The problem was using her picture and even that would've been fine if he hadn't used the word 'cheap' or somewhat ironically, a seiyuu that wasn't so big an idol. Removing it from his blog and his apology should've been enough. Being dropped from the anime was harsh but still acceptable. Anything more than that is stupid and unreasonable. Including the comments from people on here. Especially ones like 'he should die', even if they don't mean it literally.

A large amount of people on here seems far worse as people than this guy appears to be.
Jan 14, 2012 11:34 AM

Apr 2010
Aeyuin said:
"No one messes with Horie Yui and gets away with it! He got what was coming to him. Asshole."

It was immediately removed and he apologised. This was a post on his blog, somewhere he should be allowed to voice his opinion. The post wasn't made to insult her but to comment on how the looks seiyuu seem to affect their careers. 'I don't say it's good or bad. It's a matter of taste.'

Everything he said perfectly valid and understandable. The problem was using her picture and even that would've been fine if he hadn't used the word 'cheap' or somewhat ironically, a seiyuu that wasn't so big an idol. Removing it from his blog and his apology should've been enough. Being dropped from the anime was harsh but still acceptable. Anything more than that is stupid and unreasonable. Including the comments from people on here. Especially ones like 'he should die', even if they don't mean it literally.

A large amount of people on here seems far worse as people than this guy appears to be.

Literally saying Yui Horie bashing is acceptable

Jan 14, 2012 11:47 AM
Jan 2012
Literally saying, his comment wasn't a personal attack at her and being a prick shouldn't vary in its reception by how popular the victim is. I didn't really go into whether I thought it was an ok or bad thing for him to do because that was beside my point and thus according to your logic, that means I'm saying it's acceptable? You're fallacious argument aside, I think his opinion was his own but using specific people as an example wasn't as it could be quite upsetting.
Jan 16, 2012 10:04 AM
Dec 2011
He just "stated the obvious"
but sometimes you can be screwed by just "stating the obvious" depending on your position.
And although it is obvious that seiyuus look less than an idol, he should've chosen a much younger seiyuu(at least under 25) as an example for a fair comparison.
There might be some idol stars whose moms are born in the same year as Horue Yui.
Jan 16, 2012 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
ddiddo said:
but sometimes you can be screwed by just "stating the obvious" depending on your position.
And although it is obvious that seiyuus look less than an idol, he should've chosen a much younger seiyuu(at least under 25) as an example for a fair comparison.
There might be some idol stars whose moms are born in the same year as Horue Yui.

What? Even younger than her? She's just 17!
Jan 16, 2012 1:03 PM

Mar 2008
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
I don't see how this is so insulting or why anyone cares.
The one thing that bugs me here is that a voice actor's looks are relevant at all, but I guess that can't be helped.

i totally agree to this. honestly, i've never cared how the seiyuus look in real life..
well, "cheap" might be insulting to someone but hey- that's life, just get over it. not everyone's going to like you or your looks. and well, i think it's perfectly fine that way. though i have to say i value respect a lot and calling someone "cheap" isn't very wise. well, he "learned it the hard way" now but i still think it's y too much..
Jan 16, 2012 1:44 PM

Sep 2008
Sury said:
Sure, everyone may have his own opinion, but when it comes to insults, you should, when to keep it for yourself. Not only did he insult everyone in the business, but posting a picture of one of the most famous ones, was simply an act of disrespect. The punishment may seem harsh, but honestly he can be happy, if he still can walk the streets without getting beaten up by millions of angry fans.

mrghost_00 said:
I admit Yui Horie doesn't really have good looks, but... this is just too far, Mr. Singer.

I think you need better glasses, she's an absolute cutie.

She looks absolutely creepy based on her pic on here. But then the angle does seem to have a big difference with her... she looks like a cutie pie from some but at other times she's definitely a double-bagger... but it escapes me why the looks of a voice actor or a musician should matter at all...
Jan 19, 2012 12:33 AM
Dec 2011
Sury said:
ddiddo said:

What? Even younger than her? She's just 17!

Who is 17? Horie Yui is 35 years old. Not much of an idol at that age, I agree if he want an idol seiyuu to compare he should take the young seiyuus like HanaKana or Yuuki Aoi.
Feb 2, 2012 3:25 AM

May 2009
Aeyuin said:

A million times this. I'm surprised to see how MAL users react so angrily over a minor remark. That guy's carrer is probably over, and you say that "he should die" and that "he deserves this"? You guys are more immature than I believed.
Feb 2, 2012 3:28 AM

Oct 2009
The punishment seems a bit harsh really.
Feb 2, 2012 11:25 AM

Feb 2008
Uguu for him.
Feb 6, 2012 9:18 PM
Mar 2011
Japanese believe in accountability. Getting fired is better than what they used to do..Seppuku. This type of response is extremely normal in Japan. I'm surprised that the singer is dumb enough to make a comment like that, especially with the way social media is now.
Mar 20, 2012 10:07 AM
Jan 2012
Butthurt.
Guess people can't have opinions.
Mar 20, 2012 6:51 PM

Sep 2010
I wonder what the ending would have sounded like if this never happened? Although I think the current ending is awesome the "what if" always bugged me. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 20, 2012 10:56 PM

Feb 2011
Necro'd?

I don't like Yui Horie, but that's a pretty dickish move on that dude's part. Steep price to pay.
Mar 25, 2012 9:28 AM

Dec 2011
Err. Wtf? D8
May 1, 2012 6:10 PM

Jun 2010
Wow I like Yui Hori and she sounds nice (if that ispossible) but the insult shouldn't have been announced in that form.
May 1, 2012 7:30 PM

Apr 2012
hah... wrong effing move... yui horie is one of most celebrated female seiyuu... dont fck with her or else suffer the anger of the anime otaku world. well they are still lucky because IT IS NOT AYA HIRANO whom the messed with... because if they do, that's their end of career

PS well try, insulting daisuke ono, and get fan girls angry at the band too...
Jul 10, 2012 4:44 AM

Jun 2010
This is great news, IMO. You can't beat Ohisama. Best jam of the entire season bby.

Babababaribaribabababababababaribaribaba, babababaribaribababa bababababababa!
Sep 14, 2012 12:11 PM

Jan 2012
Sarukah said:
Denmark-Chan said:
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
I don't see how this is so insulting or why anyone cares.
The one thing that bugs me here is that a voice actor's looks are relevant at all, but I guess that can't be helped.

this. Seriously..."ruining career" for attacking someone? Grow up people. And its just over who he attacked? What if it had been a lesser known person?

No one would have cared in the least if it was a lesser known person.
This thread is so full of hypocrisy and idiocy, I can't freaking take it.

I have to agree with you on this. Most of the people on this thread make me lose faith in humanity.

The consequences he and his band faced were far too extreme for a little comment. I understand that he should not of posted that considering his band's status, but to end the contract even after the apology. That's a bit childish.
I hope his band and himself can recover from this and that Yui has forgiven and forgotten about the incident.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
24 minutes ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.