Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 14, 2012 10:19 AM

Jun 2008
SquChan said:
1. Stop saying a show IS bad/crap/shit/whatever, because there's a huge difference between IS and I THINK IT IS (I wonder if people are finally going to get this someday)

There is a difference, but the problem is that Guilty Crown is bad/crap/shit.
Jan 14, 2012 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
SquChan said:
I thought you'd say something more mature. There're enough people who like it, and enough who don't. But that doesn't mean it IS bad, nor does it mean it IS good. Why can't at least one person just get what I want to say? Is it so damn hard to understand it? Or do you just don't want to?

This is a common cop-out for people who don't want to admit that a show they like is actually bad. Fact is, while enjoyment is subjective and you can enjoy what you want, there are objective factors to be noted in the overall quality of a piece of entertainment. When looking at it that way, Guilty Crown fails due to its terrible writing and directing.

I get what you want to say. I'm saying you're wrong.

Just as many people before me said already: If you think it IS shit, then don't bother watching this shit!

I dropped Guilty Crown at episode 9.

Why do people have to search for any possible thing they would not like? Is it so interesting to see the bad sides of a show more than seeing the good ones? I said that in a thread before! but I'll say it a little more direct just for you: People whose hobby it is to complain about a show, rather than searching for a better one they can enjoy are just what they say Guilty Crown is. Anime is about enjoying, not complaining. Means people who prefer to complain are not worth to be called a fan, seriously think about this and if you don't get it I won't bother saying anything anymore. I tried to open the eyes of you people, but if you don't care then it is your problem, not mine.

I agree with you on one thing: I think people who put criticizing above enjoying their entertainment need to sort out their priorities. Even so, some people do like being critical and it's not wrong to point out the flaws in a piece of work, especially when they are so apparent as they are in GC.

Not every anime can be good.
Jan 14, 2012 11:52 AM
Dec 2011
Not only that, but as someone stated, if this many people didn't watch it Guilty Crown would obviously be up in the 9s for the blind idiots calling this show good.
Jan 14, 2012 4:38 PM

Jun 2008
SquChan said:
I said already that I don't say all that because I like it and can't stand the fact that it is called bad. I don't think it has terrible writing or directing. Sure some things aren't good, but that isn't something this show has deserved to be called bad for.

I'm not wrong. You just think so, that doesn't make it wrong. Same thing.

No, Guilty Crown has terrible writing and directing. We can observe this and it can pretty much be called fact (note: read some of the reviews for what makes the writing and directing terrible. I'd rather not go over them myself). Liking it and it being good are not the same thing. I liked Dragonball Evolution but I know that it's terrible and wouldn't ever say otherwise.

You need to get your mind out of this "you think/I think" business, because, when judging "good" or "bad," that may as well not exist (well, it exists, but not how you're using it. Don't really know how else to put it). We can't determine "good" or "bad" without looking objectively at what the piece does right and wrong. It goes beyond what we want to see and what we like.

Good then, but I didn't mean only you, but others who are actually watching it, but don't like it.

Completionists. Can't really blame them, I do it, too. Just not with this.

Well you're right there. You can complain, but you should do that in a seperate thread (ONE thread). Not spamming the whole GC board full with hate-threads. That's annoying. If it's just thread you're able to avoid it and you're with your friends lol. I don't mean necessarily you. But there're those who are really doing that and seem to love it and that are those people who you too don't seem to like. I mean it's like they want to prove that it is shit or try to make others believe that too. And that's the thing I hate about it. Doesn't it seem that way?

The thing about Guilty Crown is that the writing and directing are not only terrible, they're so obviously terrible that it makes it so easy to make fun of and bash, which is why you're seeing so much of it. You don't need a very wide knowledge of anime and media in general to see how many problems the show has, from horrible characters to the generic plot, etc. I do think enjoyment should come before criticism most of the time, but Guilty Crown hasn't really earned it.

Well, I don't think there're any bad anime out there. Because of one thing: There're always people who like an anime and that does NOT mean they have bad taste, just other people say that it is bad. Got what I want to say?

I cannot fathom how someone can think this way. Do you really not understand what makes people bash on Guilty Crown so much? Enjoyment =/= quality. You can enjoy bad things, but that doesn't make them good. Maybe you just need to see some truly terrible (e.g. even worse than Guilty Crown) anime, like Green Green and Mars of Destruction.

For the record, I don't believe "good/bad taste" exists because enjoyment is subjective. But good/bad anime? That does exist.
Jan 14, 2012 6:14 PM

Aug 2011
Great posts by Redfoxoffire.

SquChan said:
And I won't say my opinion is the right one, but I think it is. Just suiting the topic here lol, so that means your's isn't the right one either, though you might think that.
I didn't know it was possible to have logic that bad and still be able to breathe. o.O
Jan 14, 2012 8:06 PM

May 2009
DraconisMarch said:

Word.

Tyrenol said:
That's what happens when you're closed-minded and you don't "think."

Ohyama said:
We're stressing action and plot: a cutting-edge TV show. The first show we took this approach with was Shiki, and that was the beginning of that.

You DID NOT just compare GC with Shiki?!?

Ohyama said:
He has friends, but he doesn't have connections with them yet. The relationships are skin-deep. That's more of a 2011 type, nowadays, of a 17-year-old boy.

Oh, the emotionally troubled youth of the 21st century! Shu is such a great example of the teenagers nowadays!

Yamamoto said:
We're not trying to be like Geass. We didn't plan to take anything from it for this show. Actually, as for the setting, Code Geass is quite apart from, way beyond modern Japan. But for Guilty Crown, the situation is more natural. So we're not trying to do a similar plot. Of course, there are some similarities.

This reminds me of my Grandma. She's always denying the things she does. That old hag is driving us nuts.
Jan 15, 2012 10:49 AM

May 2009
SquChan said:
DraconisMarch said:

SquChan said:
And I won't say my opinion is the right one, but I think it is. Just suiting the topic here lol, so that means your's isn't the right one either, though you might think that.
I didn't know it was possible to have logic that bad and still be able to breathe. o.O

Lol, if you say so, then you just didn't understand the sentence. I would say that is your problem. Like I said before, there's a difference between THINKING and a FACT. An opinion is NEVER the right one, cause everyone has different. People just think that their opinions are the right ones, where it is unfortunetaly if it's the case in serious situations, not as it happens here, where it is totally unimportant and doesn't change anything.
Hope you got it now, if not, who cares? I won't make an even easier explanation.

Just think of it like this: What does a child like to eat more? Pizza or carrots? While fruit and vegetables are good for you, that does not man that fast food has to taste bad (on the other hand i.e. I can't stand the taste of the vitamin A rich pumpkin and would chose a hamburger any time over it). Something can AT THE SAME TIME be objectively good and subjectively bad and vice versa, that's the whole point of Redfoxoffire's post. Guilty Crown really does suffer from poor writing, bad characters and story that thinks it's deeper and more original than it really is thus taking itself too seriously and doesn't admit it's own mistakes, but that does NOT mean that that people can't enjoy it.

Irrational bullying and picking on a cartoon is a completely other story.
Jan 16, 2012 4:23 AM

Mar 2010
SquChan said:
Blab-blah-blah! I'm on the higher soap box, talking down to everybody with my biased views because I'm also full of it!

Allow me to kick you off of your precious soap box so you can fall on your butt and hurt yourself.

No. Seriously. Get with the times.

Have an opinion and don't be so intimidated by the rest of us whose opinions are so different than yours. Spend less time insulting people and more time explaining why "polished turds" shouldn't be "polished turds."

(I mean... I insult people as well. But it's only because the industry only caters to those mindless sheeple. They're punishing us thinking, grey-area-type casuals and normals with higher expectations.)

(Wasn't this post suppose to be locked or closed?)
Jan 16, 2012 6:57 AM

Jul 2009
SquChan said:
You people have no right to decide whether it has bad writing or directing unless you're the director or script-writer yourself lol.

You have no right to decide whether a car is good or not unless you're a president of car manufacturing company. Makes perfect sense.
Jan 16, 2012 9:05 AM

Jul 2009
@SquChan
Agree. Discussing with people, who are trying to pass their subjective opinions (like pointing out deus ex machinas, overused cliches or some other flaws) as facts is pointless. Hell, you can even say that Star Wars is a typical high school rom-com. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And opinions > facts. Am I right?
Jan 17, 2012 12:07 AM

Mar 2010
Trolls. Trolls everywhere. I'm no different but damn.

As proven with SquChan; their "Earth Is Flat" logic is not working. They don't even have the ability to understand what people are saying about, and to, them. And it's only because their favorite animu had been dissed to Hell and back.

You know... There were times when I try to rise above the pettiness of it all. But now I'm beginning to think it's fun. After the news of Bandai's cowardice in dealing with us Westerners and the company's "running to its mommy with its tail behind it's back," I need a good laugh.

Whatever. It's not even about stopping people from watching Guilty Crown. It [started out as] crap, I still think Shu's a blithering self-insert nobody, and (not much can be done about the animu industry but) FUNi needs to stop just catering to the beta crowd or else it'll go the way of CPM and Geneon.
Jan 17, 2012 6:24 AM

Oct 2007
DraconisMarch said:

Quoted for truth.
Great job Redfoxoffire for putting our feelings into words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately I can't get on ann for some reason, so there won't be any director bashing coming from me.
Jan 17, 2012 7:30 AM

Apr 2010
Crochax said:

Wait, was this meant to be ironic?
Jan 17, 2012 10:44 AM

Jun 2008
Tyrenol said:
FUNi needs to stop just catering to the beta crowd or else it'll go the way of CPM and Geneon.

To be fair, they grabbed it before it even aired when it was reasonable to say it might have looked really good. Plus, they're not making anime, just selling it, so if it sells, it's good for them.
Jan 17, 2012 6:19 PM

Mar 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
To be fair, they grabbed it before it even aired when it was reasonable to say it might have looked really good. Plus, they're not making anime, just selling it, so if it sells, it's good for them.

I remember a long time ago when licensors licensed anime after its seasonal run had been finished.

I don't know if licensing a show before it hits the screen had changed anything. Fansubbers are still subbing them, and crap is still identical saved the costumes and settings.

Also: I don't know what there's (suppose to be) a great divide between the "fanbase" for wanting [THEIR favorite titles] [dubbed in English] (since they're suppose to pay for it and support the industry) and the licensors and creators who seem like they don't really care unless you have tons of money and no intelligence.

(Hasbro &c is making more and more money yearly whilst more of these animu licensors will start dying out. But hey; I don't have a crystal ball. -_-; )
Jan 23, 2012 1:41 AM

Apr 2009
This interview really says a lot about the people behind the show. Goddamn it, why must japan have such a shitty taste? Chihayafuru, Noitamina anime and good stuff in general gets ignored while this crappy Code Geass copy is getting 2 cours?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.