Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2011 1:56 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Boil said the IFF oscillator wasn't working on the helicopter in what was presumably a lie for Mellowlink's benefit, but IFF means "Identify Friend or Foe". Since it was Boil's 'copter, shouldn't it have correctly identified itself as a friendly?

But that's merely a nitpick.

More important is that they can't seem to decide if Mellowlink is willing to kill random people for his revenge. He throws a grenade at some common soldiers who had nothing to do with his comrades' deaths but it doesn't really show us what happened to them.

It's an interesting nuance that Mellowlink doesn't mind the concept of his unit being sacrificed to to cover the rest of the army's retreat, only that the commanders apparently tried to ensure that the whole unit died.

But it's not clear why the annihilation of that unit helped their plans (stealing previous minerals) in any way. I don't know if this is a plot hole or if the clumsy translation just isn't expressing something right.
Sep 17, 2019 8:06 PM

Jun 2014
I knew that there was something fishy about Carradine! He thought that after Mellowlink took out every other one of his problems, that he'd just finish Mellowlink off, but Lulucy's card trick allowed for her and Mellowlink to get away.

It's too bad that Boil died. He was on Mellowlink's side in the end.

Sep 2, 2020 8:21 PM

Jul 2016
Fronzel said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

But it's not clear why the annihilation of that unit helped their plans (stealing previous minerals) in any way. I don't know if this is a plot hole or if the clumsy translation just isn't expressing something right.

That's what I am also trying to understand..
Apr 22, 1:07 PM

Jul 2011
Carradine has been shown suspiciously and in convenient location many times already so it's not a surprise he turned out to be involved.
Actually, at one point I thought he was just a powerless guy just helping Mellowlink to get rid off the conspirators because he wasn't able to reveal it himself but he is just here to help cover it up in the end.

The translation in this episode seemed clumsier than previous ones though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 4 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 15, 2011

6 by Eyth »»
Apr 22, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 12 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 21, 2011

7 by FatChicken9999 »»
Oct 31, 2022 1:44 AM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 6 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 17, 2011

4 by FatChicken9999 »»
Sep 26, 2022 6:33 PM

Poll: » Kikou Ryohei Mellowlink Episode 7 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Sep 16, 2019

2 by qwertybob300 »»
Nov 26, 2021 12:28 PM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 3 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 15, 2011

2 by The_Fylkir »»
Oct 13, 2020 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.