Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2011 1:51 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Throughout the second half of this episode Mellowlink seems assiduous in not harming anyone but the object of his vendetta, but the first thing he did was destroy that transport truck which we were shown carried two soldiers inside. Only one was shown bailing out and surviving. Why the discrepancy?

I'm glad it right away distinguishes itself from its parent story; Mellowlink is unlike Chirico in that as we start his connections to other people are very important indeed. Aside from that, though, his vendetta against the corrupt officers that got his comrades killed is kind of cliché. Only the first episode, of course.

It is nice to see people act sensibly horrified when a military officer does something insane like carelessly shoot his own men.
Jan 20, 2018 4:18 PM

Sep 2013
Haven't seen Votoms btw
This first ep left a great first impression--I enjoyed it a lot actually! It was a bit ridiculous, sure, but it was also just downright entertaining to watch. This definitely seems like the sort of thing that's best watched without thinking about it too much though. Mellowlink's luck is just unbelievable haha
Sep 15, 2019 6:23 PM

Jun 2014
Mellowlink is an interesting character. He's good with a gun, and that captain was certainly evil, shooting his own men right in front of him.

Mellowlink got his revenge, but others may come after him. Also, Lulucy is a hottie.

Jan 18, 2020 11:51 AM

Sep 2018
Not really impressed so far, feels a bit cookie cutter and generic as far as 80s action anime goes and the action it's self was pretty dull. Hopefully it will get better though.

Oh, and I should probably note that I've never seen Votoms.
Aug 31, 2020 7:22 AM

Jul 2016
Maybe I'm just in the mood for a cookie cutter, action anime.. but damn was this first episode fantastic! Maybe I already answered my own question, but why have I not heard of this before/popular? I loved it. It could be the name "Mellowlink" is pretty lame :).

Looking forward to binge this tonight.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 11 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 21, 2011

3 by Eyth »»
Apr 22, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 4 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 15, 2011

6 by Eyth »»
Apr 22, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 12 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 21, 2011

7 by FatChicken9999 »»
Oct 31, 2022 1:44 AM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 6 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 17, 2011

4 by FatChicken9999 »»
Sep 26, 2022 6:33 PM

Poll: » Kikou Ryohei Mellowlink Episode 7 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Sep 16, 2019

2 by qwertybob300 »»
Nov 26, 2021 12:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.