Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 8, 2008 12:47 PM

Jun 2008
ShadowSlasherZ said:
Really? The first episode was the best one, IMO, because it was the only episode I could watch without being bored out of my mind.

lolwut.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Dec 9, 2008 8:01 AM

Dec 2007
Well it was something new so generally the first episode of most anime series is the one I can watch without getting bored. With LS it's not that it wasn't boring, it just wasn't as boring as the other episodes.

Seasonreaper said:
12 has been the only slightly bearable one for me

I didn't even get that far. I gave up halfway through episode 11.
Jan 1, 2009 8:47 PM

Jul 2008
"Lucky star is the best anime out there"

Well, this guy is simply a moron.
Feb 9, 2009 11:51 PM

Sep 2008
You guys are heroes!I couldn't get past the first ep! And the only reason I ever attempted watching it was because people saying it was awesome. I still don't get it how people over the age of 5 can ... what's the word?... WITHSTAND such utter crap?!?! Not to mention love it...
So, to be on the same page as everyone else:

"LS is teh best thing tha` eva happened to meh!"
Feb 11, 2009 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
I had a lucky star fan make some kind of... wierd arguement against a comment i made on a youtube vid;

Ichigo5200 (1 month ago) Show Hide +19
Reply | Spam
Welcome to the NHK is one of the best anime ive ever watched, it deserves much more praise.

Im going to anger many 'mainstream' otakus now but ive got to say that i have absolutely no idea how anime like 'Lucky star' get such high ratings and views when there are anime like Welcome to the NHK, Monster and Mushishi, etc etc...

SakySaky (1 month ago) Show Hide +6
Reply | Spam
my god, if i could agree with you more i would probably hurt myself

guilleru718 (1 month ago) Show Hide +6
Reply | Spam
I totally agree with you, I can't believe Lucky Star is more famous than this masterpiece.

Welcome to the NHK is a MUST for all otakus.

beeny33 (2 weeks ago) Show Hide +2
Reply | Spam
masterpiece NHK is... luccky star aint worthy to be better then NHK.. (no offence to lucky star otaku's.)

ps: good song ^^ addicting!

michaeru1 (2 weeks ago) -8

Ugh, it won't let me hide/show the comment, either way it said something like;

'BUT RAKI SUTAH IS SO KAWAI ZUGOII ZUGOII, DAMN SH*T FU** RETAR*S'

Yeah, from the comment i knew straight away how intelligent Lucky Star fans really are ^_^ (Insert sarcasm here)

PS: I would just like to say that the spelling on the words kawaii (KAWAI) and sugoi (ZUGOII) are intentional, that is really the way he spelt it....
LordFouLuFeb 13, 2009 10:36 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true.
Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life.
Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Feb 14, 2009 11:25 PM
May 2008
the worst kind of Startards can be easily found on YouTube.
usually the fanass are scarier too.

"ZUGOII"

:rolleyes:
Feb 16, 2009 11:56 PM
Jan 2008
"Lucky Star is the best anime I watched yet, you got to be retarded to not like it"

That's what my friend said to me when I expressed my undisgused dislike for it.

I watched like 5 mins of it (excluding opening) and it killed my brain.
LunaWingzFeb 16, 2009 11:59 PM
Feb 17, 2009 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
LunaWingz said:
I watched like 5 mins of it and it killed my brain.

My feelings exactly. Including the opening.

Jun 24, 2009 7:08 PM
Dec 2008
"If you don't like Lucky Star, then you aren't a true anime fan!"

Hurr dee durr.

Well that person actually doesn't really anything about anime...there isn't anything really to say about such a stupid thing...pointless.

Also I've stumbled across something interesting so I intended posting it.

Jul 3, 2009 7:48 AM

Feb 2008
m1SeRY said:

that... is so true

some old epic animations may not have a really hard work in the character itself but yes in the backgrounds or shades colors...

But today mostly is about just the eyes or hair =/

Look

Kanon:
http://img56.imageshack.us/i/kanon1em4.jpg/

Haruhi:
http://planetrenders.net/renders/albums/userpics/218457/haruhi.png

Gurren Laggan:
http://www.comicpasion.com/photos/1300/1309/001_small.jpg

--------------

Lets go with good stuff ? maybe they put some effort into hair or eyes but they also work in everything else
There are good ones with only a bit of work in skin/eye/hair but still get awesome animation

example i loved princess mononoke or akira animation

Or monster http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph8rdUo0B2M for example
just look at the background and now go and look the background in naruto/laggan/etc
KabiJul 4, 2009 12:56 PM
Jul 17, 2009 2:42 AM

May 2009
Rub_my_Fanny said:
"you should watch lucky star trust me you'll love it"

and here i am today

Oh, indeed, that's the very quote that got me here too.

Also, I didn't know if I should go *lmao* or be insulted by the reaction I got when I "accidentally" blurted out my real opinion about Lucky Star. Here's a short little story:

I was paying yet another visit to the only store around here that sells manga in english. As one might guess, I do that pretty much as often as I get the chance. Anyway, this is irrelevant. When I was there, a friend of mine (alas, I'm the only un-Startard in the bunch) showed me a Lucky Star manga vol. 1 which had it's cover and some pages torn a little. Because of this it had a considerable price discount. I couldn't help blurting out "You'd have to pay me that much to have me accept something like that - even if it wasn't torn." So, what was the reaction to me showing my true colours?

It was the following: "Dude, have you even seen Lucky Star?"
Never have I held in such an overwhelming amount of suppressed rage. I don't like LS, so I obviously haven't seen it? It's a classic, but still a highly retarded assumption.
Aug 23, 2009 8:17 AM

Apr 2009
Anyone who says this piece of s**t is good. I seriously hope no one said that LS>LoGH.
My vision is augmented.
Dec 7, 2009 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
Saw this in someone's signature and couldn't help to post it.

"Ideal anime wife?
I'd like to think that the ideal partner is someone with strength and individualism, who can take care of herself when left alone, yet fills the room with laughter when in the company of friends. A girl who is sympathetic to a guy's interests and hobbies, but won't be a doormat for just anyone and freely expresses her opinions on any subject. Someone who's open to a wide range of pursuits and often succeeds at them, yet also has a cool, laid-back perspective on life.
The ideal anime wife, of course, is Konata Izumi.
Carlo Santos, QFT"

No comment desu.

Dec 16, 2009 6:54 AM
May 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:
Saw this in someone's signature and couldn't help to post it.

"Ideal anime wife?
I'd like to think that the ideal partner is someone with strength and individualism, who can take care of herself when left alone, yet fills the room with laughter when in the company of friends. A girl who is sympathetic to a guy's interests and hobbies, but won't be a doormat for just anyone and freely expresses her opinions on any subject. Someone who's open to a wide range of pursuits and often succeeds at them, yet also has a cool, laid-back perspective on life.
The ideal anime wife, of course, is Konata Izumi.
Carlo Santos, QFT"

No comment desu.

I hope he finds his ideal IRL wife.
Dec 26, 2009 7:08 PM

May 2009
Kabi said:
m1SeRY said:

that... is so true

some old epic animations may not have a really hard work in the character itself but yes in the backgrounds or shades colors...

But today mostly is about just the eyes or hair =/

Look

Kanon:
http://img56.imageshack.us/i/kanon1em4.jpg/

Haruhi:
http://planetrenders.net/renders/albums/userpics/218457/haruhi.png

Gurren Laggan:
http://www.comicpasion.com/photos/1300/1309/001_small.jpg

--------------

Lets go with good stuff ? maybe they put some effort into hair or eyes but they also work in everything else
There are good ones with only a bit of work in skin/eye/hair but still get awesome animation

example i loved princess mononoke or akira animation

Or monster http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph8rdUo0B2M for example
just look at the background and now go and look the background in naruto/laggan/etc

Kanon has one of the most hideous and generic art styles that I have seen in a while, along with Lucky Star.

Monster<3
mambobreakerDec 27, 2009 8:19 PM
Dec 30, 2009 2:41 PM

Feb 2008
another masterpiece in danbooru:

Ahhhh Konata, I love you!
You are so cute, I want to be with you every day and do everything for you for the rest of my life.
You are my everything, my wonderful wife! There is no and never will be an other woman than you for me! I Love you!
Jan 20, 2010 7:16 PM

Jun 2009
Generally saying that if you like Haruhi Suzumiya you'll love LS.

NO.
Feb 17, 2010 11:41 AM

Dec 2008
"You have to watch Lucky Star to call yourself a true anime fan."

I think I somehow agree. Not the 'true anime fan'-part, but personaly I think you need to watch at least one episode of LS... to realize that it's really not worth wasting 10 hours of your life when you could watch (or even do) something else.

~Says a person who went all the way.
An error has occured in file real_life.asd. Please remove the damaged file as soon as possible to prevent any more damage.
Feb 18, 2010 5:23 PM

Jun 2008
And after months, it happened again: a Startard left me a comment (which obviously got sakujo'd, just like his precursors). You guys really don't know the meaning of "do-not-disturb", do you?
The essence was more or less: "If I'm suggesting you to continue watching Lucky Star it's for your own benefit. If you don't want to, your loss".
Thank you for your pathetic waste of time concern, mighty stranger, but my benefit is just fine without Lucky Shit.

Apr 7, 2010 9:42 AM

Jun 2009
"Awwww characters are soooo kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~~ >w< "

OMG. -.-
Jun 19, 2010 6:38 PM

Apr 2010
I love lucky star so much that I'm going to fill my house with nothing but lucky star scrolls posters anime figures and collectables ^_^
I'm also going to get someone to make me all of the girls uniforms and cheerleader attire ^_^Also I'm going to buy the cornet snack konata always eats ^_^

wow.....just.....wow

Jun 19, 2010 7:10 PM

Apr 2010
another:
"I LOVE LUCKY STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have everything from figures to DvDs to games.
That's how much I love Lucky Star.
Konata is kawaii :D"

and another:
"Let's just say that Lucky Star was one of funniest animes that I've ever been!"

they're crazy o_o

Jun 20, 2010 4:57 AM

Jan 2008
Foggle said:
Edgey said:
I lol'd when I saw this one

"Lucky Star is a better anime than Gurren Lagann"

One person said it blew both Cowboy Bebop and Higurashi out of the water.

...That's just not right.

I don't know about Cowboy Bebop, but Higurashi?!?!?! o.o" Whoever said that is out of his mind...
Jan 18, 2011 1:30 PM
Feb 2008
"you're not a man if you haven't watched Lucky Star"

*has lost consciousness due to the stupidity of the above statement*
May 15, 2013 12:04 PM
Nov 2011
Kit-Tsukasa said:
"Lucky Star is the most brilliant anime series ever made. It is far superior to the *censored* Nanoha and overrated Fate and Geass and Higurashi."

"All Lucky Star characters are far more moe than Rika and Hanyuu and any other saimoe character to have ever existed."

"LS beats evangelion and all other old school series."

"Lucky Star is awesome because the moe characters are all lolis. Think about what you could do to them at night :P" <-----------wut?

Just to name a few of the most ridiculous quotes I've seen as to why people say lucky star is "good."

*Punches the first sentence, because Higurashi, Code Geass and Fate Testarossa are on my favorites list*
-___-
Jan 18, 2015 7:26 AM

Jul 2014
That it has depth
Take care of yourself

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» anyone here who likes the show but think its overrated

boa555 - Feb 19, 2017

0 by boa555 »»
Feb 19, 2017 10:07 PM

» In your opinion, what is the most overrated anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Paki - Aug 27, 2008

102 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 18, 2015 7:31 AM

» What do you hate most about Lucky Star? ( 1 2 3 )

hirahira - Jul 18, 2008

107 by InvisibleMelody »»
Jun 13, 2013 11:41 AM

Poll: » Which Lucky Star character do you hate most?

hirahira - Jul 28, 2008

43 by DeletedAccount_ »»
May 17, 2013 4:34 AM

» Anti-Lucky Shit pics.

RenaPsychoKiller - Nov 22, 2008

9 by DeletedAccount_ »»
May 15, 2013 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.