Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 19, 2019 5:22 PM

Apr 2019
So, were Renton's Uncle waiting for Renton to rescue him? I didn't understand what Holland's comment meant and why Eureka was mad until reading this topic. Overall, I liked the episode.
Jan 30, 2020 10:13 AM
Jan 2020
Heavens_Kairyu said:
tingy said:

Someone here understands. Not sure why everyone is so mad at Eureka, but I think it makes perfect sense why she feels that way. She doesn't really pilot Nirvash for fun or to get better and learn tricks like Renton is doing. And idk, Renton just annoys me in general. I started liking him a bit a few episodes back but then it's starting to go the other direction again. And seriously, it's all his fault that his uncle got arrested. I know he's a kid and all, but he can't be on cloud nine all the time or see things in a simplified way. At least Holland told him off at the end.

Totally agree with you two. Especially knowing her backstory of course she would be mad if Renton just uses Nirvash as a toy and hurts/kills people because fighting an enemy inside a robot dehumanizes them immensely (and to show off).

It's both. For the most part Eureka is jealous of Renton, but it's not so much because he's a better pilot but because he currently has a better bond with the Nirvash. Earlier episode had hinted to Eureka being uncomfortable with the changes occurring with her and the Nirvash with Renton now present and that's having a affect on her bond with the Nirvash.

At same time from Renton's end, he is indeed treating the Nirvash like a toy and doesn't understand the full consequences of his actions in how it affects others, either with using the Nirvash to fight, his relationship with Eureka, or (as a more obvious example) his choice in declaring he's alligned with Gecko State to his uncle and friends which led to his arrest. In some ways, he's making the same mistake his uncle made in not taking other's feelings or lives into account.
Nov 22, 2020 3:01 AM
Feb 2018
Heavens_Kairyu said:
tingy said:

Someone here understands. Not sure why everyone is so mad at Eureka, but I think it makes perfect sense why she feels that way. She doesn't really pilot Nirvash for fun or to get better and learn tricks like Renton is doing. And idk, Renton just annoys me in general. I started liking him a bit a few episodes back but then it's starting to go the other direction again. And seriously, it's all his fault that his uncle got arrested. I know he's a kid and all, but he can't be on cloud nine all the time or see things in a simplified way. At least Holland told him off at the end.

Totally agree with you two. Especially knowing her backstory of course she would be mad if Renton just uses Nirvash as a toy and hurts/kills people because fighting an enemy inside a robot dehumanizes them immensely (and to show off).

renton saved them, is it wrong for him saving his friends?
renton used nirvash like that because he is still a kid, is it wrong for him having fun??
Dec 22, 2020 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
Started off rough and corny but ended up being an alright episode, nice to know a bit more on Renton's family background a bit, show him progress a bit with his character with Eureka who also showed some feelings we haven't seen much from her yet, and much more.
Apr 10, 2021 12:06 PM
Mar 2018
Kinda feel bad for the uncle. It was sick seeing Renton piloting the Nirvash like that
Oct 10, 2021 10:05 AM

Mar 2016
Renton has finally tasted the first moment when he's truly independent, to be able to pilot the Nirvash so effectively all by himself, he's no longer the passenger that desperately needed Eureka's guidance to ride on the Nirvash. He's beginning to take the reins of his life and his role in Gekkostate and be a guy who's actually capable of doing something big. Today's endeavour, although technically failed, is his first big leap of doing so. His proficiency at riding the Nirvash is better than he was when he was with the 3 kids.

Though not everything is going well though, for his feat, Eureka grows to hold some sort of ire and jealousy, after all, isn't it amusing how she suddenly is unable to properly communicate with the Nirvash, hampering her ability to ride the thing when Renton suddenly is able to miraculously compel the Nirvash to do some seriously wondrous things on top of his increasingly competent skills at riding it. This whole thing is straight-up taking what NGE did with Shinji and Asuka, literally. However the main difference here is that Eureka isn't a loud-mouthed tsundere so all she does is glare at Renton which truth be told, is quite painful in his position, I must say...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.