Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2011 3:46 AM

Oct 2009
Lol, he ripped that cannon from the guys chest? xD
Oct 22, 2011 3:52 AM

Oct 2010
I though I would put out key words for this series.

Intron
A non-coding sequence of DNA within a gene, that is transcribed into hnRNA but is then cut out of the message by RNA splicing in the nucleus, leaving a mature mRNA that is then translated in the cytoplasm. Introns are poorly conserved and of variable length, but the regions at the ends are self complementary, allowing a hairpin structure to form naturally in the hnRNA, this is the cue for removal by RNA splicing. Introns are thought to play an important role in allowing rapid evolution of proteins by exon shuffling. Genes may contain as many as 80 introns.
Source
Wiki

Void
Voids are the empty spaces between filaments, the largest-scale structures in the Universe.
Source
Wiki

What all this means is that the void in this series is nothing but what the astrological definition states. Why? Because it references to a place beyond man and only where Gods are. Therefore the notion of all Universes supremacy may be noted since that space is indeed where the idealization of emotions come into play to form the weapon.

The intron notion is more information on genetically how it works. It is surprising that it can grasp from this all this power but fiction is fiction.

In regards to that fiction, it encompasses a science for the void and one of the genetics for the power source of the Void genome. Genome coming from the genetics discipline.

Just more stuff to share.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 22, 2011 3:54 AM

Aug 2009
Gai is so much cooler than the main protagonist.
Oct 22, 2011 4:19 AM
Mar 2011
Woah. Don't discuss about the "Why Gai knows this and this ):" staff ôô. It's so stupid. And it really pisses me off C:

The producers said THIS DAMN QUESTION WILL ANSWERED IN EPISODE 3. Get it.

Damn.

Oct 22, 2011 4:25 AM

Jul 2010
InoriYuzuriha said:
Woah. Don't discuss about the "Why Gai knows this and this ):" staff ôô. It's so stupid. And it really pisses me off C:

Damn.
Are you serious or are you joking?

Oct 22, 2011 4:47 AM

Nov 2010
Great episode
Overall i'm happy with how things are turning out, but if there was one thing i'd change it would be to get rid of that ability of king that Shu uses. At first it seemed promising, but if it is going to be the way the battles are always going to be won i'd rather it not be included. Gai seems to be a great strategist and would most likely be able to manage without it. I'm probably saying this wayy too early though as its only been used twice.
Oct 22, 2011 5:24 AM
May 2011
A little bit too much like Geass for my taste, although there are lots of different factors between the two. I do love the tie in to science and the human genome. The amazing graphic work and music is an asset on it's own, but as we delve more into the plot hopefully we will be able to separate it out from Geass a little more. I reserve judgement until then. For now, it is an awesome series!
Oct 22, 2011 5:27 AM

Aug 2009
This is my new favorite show...
Oct 22, 2011 5:52 AM

Jun 2010
I hate that girl who likes to get stabbed on purpose and moan as much as she can.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2011 6:30 AM

Mar 2011
I don;t get this fanservice thingy =.=

Ayase experienced the pain soo that's a natural expression..... and I don't really know why some of you...OMG a fanservice GOD...seriously you need to do some research

Tsugumi....not that extreme duhhh

Supercell OP <3 <3 <3

About some scene they we're okay so far I have no question

About the used of weap... basically Gai know them all he know what kind of weapon shu can extract to darly soo.. basically he did some research cause he thought "he" will be the one who will used the power of kings

OVERALL I love it for hater...I don't care about them I will continue watch this :/

Just please one post is enough don't go...replying on all post "it sucks" "Blah blah" etc etc...

Another one... Generic or not... it's execution that matter :/
ricardo241Oct 22, 2011 6:41 AM

Oct 22, 2011 6:32 AM
Jun 2008
well... at least the rage in this Anime is better than my favorite Anime XcoughxxKyoukaisenjouxxXcoughxx
Oct 22, 2011 6:51 AM

Aug 2009
Good episode :)

I really want the soundtrack for this show :3

Oct 22, 2011 7:36 AM

Nov 2010
good episode. made me wanna watch the next episode.
Oct 22, 2011 8:13 AM

Oct 2011
darthfanta said:
InoriYuzuriha said:

Damn.
Are you serious or are you joking?

Not joking.Here is the link and official quote. Please, do not insult people before you check what you think. That should be the first rule on a forum.

InfiniteDestiny said:
Ok i looked around a bit and i actually found this on another forum

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2011/new-york-comic-con/22

When asked how Shu knew what sort of weapon he'd draw from a stranger in the second episode, Oyama responded “Another good question. That'll be explained in episode three.”

So just like i said previously in this forum people are nitpicking WAY to much, i even guessed than it would be said in a few episodes, so people need to calm down really... In any case i hope they give a satisfying reason as to why they knew or all these haters will just multiply by the loads lol, all though about the DNA i gotta agree with that theory also since after watching the OP again it doesn't seem so far fetched, what i'm a bit more curious about though is the two other vials since if i remember they said there were 3, so i wonder if all the vials contain the same power or is it different per person, etc. It has a lot of potential, hopefully it uses it properly and keeps getting better.

BRSxIgnitionOct 22, 2011 8:18 AM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Oct 22, 2011 8:44 AM

May 2010
Gai is awesome just like Lelouch(with some kick ass skill)

Shu is okay but I thinks he needs to quickly accept that sooner or later he will have to fight !!
Oct 22, 2011 8:49 AM

Aug 2008
Wow this episode is impressive. I'm pleased with the animation, the action, the music, basically everything.
Guess I'll be following this series. Inori ♥
Oct 22, 2011 8:54 AM

May 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Intron
A non-coding sequence of DNA within a gene, that is transcribed into hnRNA but is then cut out of the message by RNA splicing in the nucleus, leaving a mature mRNA that is then translated in the cytoplasm. Introns are poorly conserved and of variable length, but the regions at the ends are self complementary, allowing a hairpin structure to form naturally in the hnRNA, this is the cue for removal by RNA splicing. Introns are thought to play an important role in allowing rapid evolution of proteins by exon shuffling. Genes may contain as many as 80 introns.
Source
Wiki

Void
Voids are the empty spaces between filaments, the largest-scale structures in the Universe.
Source
Wiki

What all this means is that the void in this series is nothing but what the astrological definition states. Why? Because it references to a place beyond man and only where Gods are. Therefore the notion of all Universes supremacy may be noted since that space is indeed where the idealization of emotions come into play to form the weapon.

The intron notion is more information on genetically how it works. It is surprising that it can grasp from this all this power but fiction is fiction.

In regards to that fiction, it encompasses a science for the void and one of the genetics for the power source of the Void genome. Genome coming from the genetics discipline.

Thanks for sharing that I was almost confuse about the Void Genome thing or how Shu pull a weapon out of somebody's chest(male or female)the King's power !!
Oct 22, 2011 9:43 AM

Aug 2011
torrentsven said:
Question, im thinking of picking this up but only if there is gonna be some kind of romance, but it isnt tagged as such so thats why im asking here.

thanks

Well, it's obvious there's gonna be some kind of thing between Shu and Inori, but like 90% of all other anime, I'll bet money it won't go anywhere fast. If it moves at all. It'll probably just wind up being a huge pile of UST. Which is overused, cliche, and annoying.

PS: Who wants to bet there's gonna be some sort of instrumentality conspiracy hidden under all of this.
DraconisMarchOct 22, 2011 9:52 AM
Oct 22, 2011 10:13 AM
Jan 2011
What to say about this anime?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
Oct 22, 2011 10:48 AM

Jun 2010
The opening music was nice, but the vocalist terrible.

It seems that GC takes more of a biology/religious direction rather the one of Code Geass. Besides the obvious genetics, I point religious because the opening showed us such scenes; Inori ascending her hands on a cross like she was crucified; And the Sephirot tree.

Gai looks... so much older compared to Shu and the others. It's like he is 5+ years older than them. As for Shu, who knows, he might turn into a stronger guy like Simon in TTGL did.

I believe this series will be one of those who start simple & then they become more deep/complicated.
Oct 22, 2011 10:56 AM

Oct 2011
Inori_Yuzuriha said:
The opening music was nice, but the vocalist terrible.

It seems that GC takes more of a biology/religious direction rather the one of Code Geass. Besides the obvious genetics, I point religious because the opening showed us such scenes; Inori ascending her hands on a cross like she was crucified; And the Sephirot tree.

Gai looks... so much older compared to Shu and the others. It's like he is 5+ years older than them. As for Shu, who knows, he might turn into a stronger guy like Simon in TTGL did.

I believe this series will be one of those who start simple & then they become more deep/complicated.
Not really agreed on the vocalist, she's okay, not horrible, but she's not Nagi.

On the final point, agreed, they've already said it will start as a shounen-genre show, but progress into seinin territory by the 5th or so episode. Can't wait for that, I hope it gets really dark, it would fit it so well.
BRSxIgnitionOct 22, 2011 11:00 AM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Oct 22, 2011 11:15 AM

Jun 2010
^ I don't think the certain melody of the song suited for her voice but oh well.

Yes, I read on the interview that it will have seinen elements later. We are on episode 2 and we can already see some philosophical elements like in NGE. So I wouldn't call it SO generic like most haters on here tend to do so. Many shows started simple and they turned complicated later.
Oct 22, 2011 11:51 AM

Jan 2010
Great episode though lil too much ecchi...but w/e still great episode and i dont think Kolideoscope was too OP actually...think more of the opposing side had too strong of weapons but w/e. OP was very nice, I really want to get it XD.
Oct 22, 2011 12:23 PM

Aug 2009
torrentsven said:
Question, im thinking of picking this up but only if there is gonna be some kind of romance, but it isnt tagged as such so thats why im asking here.

thanks

Probably about the same amount of romance as Code Geass. So how did Shuu pull out a gun?
Oct 22, 2011 1:09 PM

Oct 2011
SoFarGone said:
torrentsven said:

thanks

Probably about the same amount of romance as Code Geass. So how did Shuu pull out a gun?

The weapon is different depending on the person, the relationship he has with the person, and how strong that relationship is.
Oct 22, 2011 1:46 PM

Oct 2010
YEX said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Intron
Source
Wiki

Void
Source
Wiki

Thanks for sharing that I was almost confuse about the Void Genome thing or how Shu pull a weapon out of somebody's chest(male or female)the King's power !!
Sure no problem. Once again it goes back that when I first found about it the fact that it encompasses a science for the void and one of the genetics and their coming from sources, it impressed. Now I hope I can phase out the fan service but I was more curious as to what people though of it. I can see that most agree with you that it was annoying to say the least contrary to enjoyable like Maken-Ki for example.

That being said I must say that it's a impressive mix that may have had a better impact than Steins Gate. Unfortunately the ecchi ruined it with excessiveness. Unlike Steins Gate that placed it randomly and strategically.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 22, 2011 1:52 PM

Dec 2010
That was a very good post Yumekichi11.

I don't think there was too much ecchi. I liked it. Besides, Inori is so moe, it's ridiculous!

Oct 22, 2011 2:37 PM

Jun 2011
Ok. So I’ve heard a few complaints about how cliché the school scene is. Well I don’t think it’s a bad idea at all! If it’s done well :] And by that I mean do this:

School Situation Suggestion (What better way to solve a cliche than turn it on its head and make it awesome!)

1) MAJOR PREMISE: Keep the school scene for 2-3 episodes. Plot continues that Shu and Inori are part time student/soldiers – yeah doesn’t seem realistic huh?

Upcoming Episode: ~Collateral Crisis~
1) Spend first half episode of normal school activities. Shu MUST by this time contemplate whether it’s really alright to be attending school at all. He’s a target of the government and a potential threat to those around him.

-At Bad Guy HQ-
Sergeant: “Lieutenant! *Salutes + Opens Orange Envelope and presents multiple pictures of Shu + Inori* “Sir, reconnaissance has confirmed the identity of the void user – he’s a 17-year-old kid! He and the female, Inori Yuzuriha, are currently studying at [school]. A recon and shooter team is already in position.”

Daryl: “Good. Inform the rest of the kill squads and prepare the package.

-Screen cuts to black and scene changes to [School]-

-Shu sitting down near window seat with Inori talking to him (standing beside his seat) [Random Talk]-

Shu: “[Stopped mid-sentence] - hey, Inori, do you hear that?” *Subtle chopper blades churning the air in the background getting louder*

-Spotter/Shooter Team set up on far away bridge/building/grassy knoll-

Recon: “Distance, XXX meters, wind – negligible”

Shooter: Calibrating…. (Adjusts sniper rifle’s scope – Really cool looking digital zoom of class – futuretech sniper rifle – you can read the Project Emotion brand on that one kid’s shirt!)

Recon: Targets Confirmed, HQ. Waiting on your go.

Daryl (AT HQ): (No hesitation) Send it.

-Scene shifts to inside classroom-

-Shu looks out window (head propped against left palm) and notices a glint of metal suspiciously off in the distance. Meanwhile, the noise he noticed earlier seems to be right above them

-Random Student: Seriously, what’s with that heli?-

The signs piece themselves together - realization slams into Shu [[–Shooter fires-]] [Cue Dramatic Music as camera zoom in on Shu as he tackles Inori [slow-mo camera shot of them airborn]]

-Window EXPLODES into shards and a friend takes the high caliber round meant for Shu. Massive exit-wound represented by blood splashed table behind her –look of surprise and crumples dead before she hits the ground– Initiate screaming and confusion while Shu and Inori clutch each other on the ground-

Spotter: MISSED! I REPEAT MISSED! Target Remains!

Daryl: (In a quiet but unphased voice) “Plan B”

-Chopper Swoops down to window level- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3q17gkuOcc&feature=related WATCH THIS

-Machine Gunner (Matrix Style, Hell yeah!) Opens fire at defenseless teenagers (Third person camera View of Chain gunner tracing the class left-right) (Camera switches to cliché but VERY AWESOME underview of helicopter as thousands of spent rounds fall to the ground below)

-Inside-

Students and teacher (Unlike Shu and Inori who are taking cover) are torn to shreds as thousands of bullets redecorate the room-

Shu covers Inori’s eyes “Don’t look” over the sound of gyrating helicopter blades, minigun fire, and the slowly decreasing number screams

Shu initiates void process with Inori and withdraws sword – swiftly, he slams it into the ground and he and Inori fall down through the hole to the floor below-

Daryl: Confirm, have the targets been eliminated?

Spotter: Negative – they’ve left the killbox.

Daryl: No choice - send the launch codes.

Sergeant: SIR! The international community will never approve!

Daryl: (Calmly) Sergeant, we just saved the rest of Area 11 by eliminating a virus breeding ground formerly known as [such and such High School].

Sergeant: This is too big for a gas leak! They’ll never believe you!

Daryl: We’ll make them.

-A Classroom Below the Previous-

-The sounds of the helicopter are quickly fading into the distance-

Shu: “Inori we have to get out of here!” Disperses sword, grabs her hand and drags her behind him as the helicopter disappears. Students scream in the hallways. Shu and Inori struggle through the halls and eventually make it to the outside where, upon looking across the water, they see a submarine surface/emerge.

Inori: “NO, they wouldn’t! They can’t!”

-Submarine launches ballistic sea-to-surface missile-

Shu: “Damn them!" Grabs Inori close and stares right into her eyes- “Trust me”

-They JUMP off balcony into the ocean [Check out building’s Architecture] as the missile detonates mid-air, splitting into many separate warheads before totally annihilating what was once a gorgeous glass high school.

-End Episode-

In continuation: [Newscast] This morning, the nation mourns as what can only be described as an unprecedented attack on our soil – Bombs filled with the Lost Christmas virus were detonated at the [School] earlier this morning, infecting and killing most of the inhabitants – Coalition troops were forced to destroy the building in order to prevent the spread of the disease. [Reveals Pictures of Gai, Inori, Shu] The terrorist organization claiming responsibility is no other than The Funeral Parlor which is responsible for several other atrocities across the nation. If you have any information, please alert the authorities immediately. Now let us have a moment of silence for those we’ve lost to this tragedy….

Why do such a testosterone-filled episode?

MOST IMPORTANTLY: This episode resolves the fact that Shu made the mistake (STUPID) of trying to return to his old life. Realistically, he put innocent civilians in danger and this episode drives it home. Seriously, if the writers expect Shu to go mission to mission without someone finding his identity in this day and age I’ll die of exasperation. He can never go back to his old life/it’s OVER – he can only move forward with the Revolution or die for nothing.
1) It’s Badass!
2) Reinforce the fact that Daryl’s a calculative, competent, cold-hearted bastard
3) Inori + Shu relationship +1 (Yeah I’m a romance geek, get over it)
4) Character Development - Shu’s taking a level in badass, must take responsibility for classmates’ deaths
5) Sets Grim Theme
6) They are government fugitives - Government propaganda against terrorism + Plot development (HEY! We’re the GOOD Gais!) Not punny – shut up.
Liked it? Might be interested in reading this Guilty Crown Suggestion then:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=354183&show=160 (Post 167)
Hated it? Don’t hurt me I’m a Biology Major!
Oct 22, 2011 2:45 PM

Jul 2011
I am willing to bet that Gai is going to get killed and Shu will take over the leadership of "funeral parlor" (that was the name right?).
Oct 22, 2011 2:56 PM

Oct 2011
echan12101992 said:
Ok. So I’ve heard a few complaints about how cliché the school scene is. Well I don’t think it’s a bad idea at all! If it’s done well :] And by that I mean do this:

School Situation Suggestion (What better way to solve a cliche than turn it on its head and make it awesome!)

1) MAJOR PREMISE: Keep the school scene for 2-3 episodes. Plot continues that Shu and Inori are part time student/soldiers – yeah doesn’t seem realistic huh?

Upcoming Episode: ~Collateral Crisis~
1) Spend first half episode of normal school activities. Shu MUST by this time contemplate whether it’s really alright to be attending school at all. He’s a target of the government and a potential threat to those around him.

-At Bad Guy HQ-
Sergeant: “Lieutenant! *Salutes + Opens Orange Envelope and presents multiple pictures of Shu + Inori* “Sir, reconnaissance has confirmed the identity of the void user – he’s a 17-year-old kid! He and the female, Inori Yuzuriha, are currently studying at [school]. A recon and shooter team is already in position.”

Daryl: “Good. Inform the rest of the kill squads and prepare the package.

-Screen cuts to black and scene changes to [School]-

-Shu sitting down near window seat with Inori talking to him (standing beside his seat) [Random Talk]-

Shu: “[Stopped mid-sentence] - hey, Inori, do you hear that?” *Subtle chopper blades churning the air in the background getting louder*

-Spotter/Shooter Team set up on far away bridge/building/grassy knoll-

Recon: “Distance, XXX meters, wind – negligible”

Shooter: Calibrating…. (Adjusts sniper rifle’s scope – Really cool looking digital zoom of class – futuretech sniper rifle – you can read the Project Emotion brand on that one kid’s shirt!)

Recon: Targets Confirmed, HQ. Waiting on your go.

Daryl (AT HQ): (No hesitation) Send it.

-Scene shifts to inside classroom-

-Shu looks out window (head propped against left palm) and notices a glint of metal suspiciously off in the distance. Meanwhile, the noise he noticed earlier seems to be right above them

-Random Student: Seriously, what’s with that heli?-

The signs piece themselves together - realization slams into Shu [[–Shooter fires-]] [Cue Dramatic Music as camera zoom in on Shu as he tackles Inori [slow-mo camera shot of them airborn]]

-Window EXPLODES into shards and a friend takes the high caliber round meant for Shu. Massive exit-wound represented by blood splashed table behind her –look of surprise and crumples dead before she hits the ground– Initiate screaming and confusion while Shu and Inori clutch each other on the ground-

Spotter: MISSED! I REPEAT MISSED! Target Remains!

Daryl: (In a quiet but unphased voice) “Plan B”

-Chopper Swoops down to window level- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3q17gkuOcc&feature=related WATCH THIS

-Machine Gunner (Matrix Style, Hell yeah!) Opens fire at defenseless teenagers (Third person camera View of Chain gunner tracing the class left-right) (Camera switches to cliché but VERY AWESOME underview of helicopter as thousands of spent rounds fall to the ground below)

-Inside-

Students and teacher (Unlike Shu and Inori who are taking cover) are torn to shreds as thousands of bullets redecorate the room-

Shu covers Inori’s eyes “Don’t look” over the sound of gyrating helicopter blades, minigun fire, and the slowly decreasing number screams

Shu initiates void process with Inori and withdraws sword – swiftly, he slams it into the ground and he and Inori fall down through the hole to the floor below-

Daryl: Confirm, have the targets been eliminated?

Spotter: Negative – they’ve left the killbox.

Daryl: No choice - send the launch codes.

Sergeant: SIR! The international community will never approve!

Daryl: (Calmly) Sergeant, we just saved the rest of Area 11 by eliminating a virus breeding ground formerly known as [such and such High School].

Sergeant: This is too big for a gas leak! They’ll never believe you!

Daryl: We’ll make them.

-A Classroom Below the Previous-

-The sounds of the helicopter are quickly fading into the distance-

Shu: “Inori we have to get out of here!” Disperses sword, grabs her hand and drags her behind him as the helicopter disappears. Students scream in the hallways. Shu and Inori struggle through the halls and eventually make it to the outside where, upon looking across the water, they see a submarine surface/emerge.

Inori: “NO, they wouldn’t! They can’t!”

-Submarine launches ballistic sea-to-surface missile-

Shu: “Damn them!" Grabs Inori close and stares right into her eyes- “Trust me”

-They JUMP off balcony into the ocean [Check out building’s Architecture] as the missile detonates mid-air, splitting into many separate warheads before totally annihilating what was once a gorgeous glass high school.

-End Episode-

In continuation: [Newscast] This morning, the nation mourns as what can only be described as an unprecedented attack on our soil – Bombs filled with the Lost Christmas virus were detonated at the [School] earlier this morning, infecting and killing most of the inhabitants – Coalition troops were forced to destroy the building in order to prevent the spread of the disease. [Reveals Pictures of Gai, Inori, Shu] The terrorist organization claiming responsibility is no other than The Funeral Parlor which is responsible for several other atrocities across the nation. If you have any information, please alert the authorities immediately. Now let us have a moment of silence for those we’ve lost to this tragedy….

Why do such a testosterone-filled episode?

MOST IMPORTANTLY: This episode resolves the fact that Shu made the mistake (STUPID) of trying to return to his old life. Realistically, he put innocent civilians in danger and this episode drives it home. Seriously, if the writers expect Shu to go mission to mission without someone finding his identity in this day and age I’ll die of exasperation. He can never go back to his old life/it’s OVER – he can only move forward with the Revolution or die for nothing.
1) It’s Badass!
2) Reinforce the fact that Daryl’s a calculative, competent, cold-hearted bastard
3) Inori + Shu relationship +1 (Yeah I’m a romance geek, get over it)
4) Character Development - Shu’s taking a level in badass, must take responsibility for classmates’ deaths
5) Sets Grim Theme
6) They are government fugitives - Government propaganda against terrorism + Plot development (HEY! We’re the GOOD Gais!) Not punny – shut up.
Liked it? Might be interested in reading this Guilty Crown Suggestion then:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=354183&show=160 (Post 167)
Hated it? Don’t hurt me I’m a Biology Major!

You have way, way too much time on your hands, and stop hurting Inori!

Other than that, I don't think 2 straight episodes of school themes will help anyone. Maybe one to introduce the characters there, but not more than one in a row.
Oct 22, 2011 5:19 PM

Dec 2009
Jlopes3 said:
I am willing to bet that Gai is going to get killed and Shu will take over the leadership of "funeral parlor" (that was the name right?).

Didn't think of Shu taking the leadership but I'm with you, so sure that Gai will be killed. And I'm also wondering if he will betray Shu because that guy has something he wants.
Oct 22, 2011 6:13 PM

Apr 2011
The way he is now, Shu couldn't lead a kitten with a laser pointer.
Oct 22, 2011 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
I Give Up. I Will watch this only for the animation and Music, nothing else.
Characters are so fucking bland. every character except plugsuit gir and Gai is awfull.

but hey, the history is so full of cliches so I Will not have to think hard with it , so this anime will work for the "mmm what to do.. oh hey, let's watch Guilty crown to kill the time, At least I can enjoy a bit eyecandy... and some DFC".

at least for this first 2 episodes, this can change of course. But well. let's see how it goes. at least this episode was far better than last one. Score when from 4/10 to 7/10
removed-userOct 22, 2011 8:22 PM
Oct 22, 2011 8:32 PM

Dec 2010
Well story isn't that unique and there are cliches but the eyecandy makes up for it. Actually, I think the story is normal. I'm pretty sure it'll get better soon enough...

for now, I shall continue staring at Inori.

Oct 22, 2011 9:25 PM

Nov 2007
lol seriously what was up with that chick in that matrix like thing shaking her butt? then Shuu stares are Inori's behind. the action and animation is nice but this is no Code Geass so far. it seems rather toned down and I still don't know what's going on. wait he pulled that weapon out of the douchey mech pilot? I thought he could only do it to Inori?

I'm confused. Surprised he turned down the offer and then it's TRANSFER STUDENT TIME!
Oct 22, 2011 9:48 PM

Dec 2010
mystik said:
lol seriously what was up with that chick in that matrix like thing shaking her butt? then Shuu stares are Inori's behind. the action and animation is nice but this is no Code Geass so far. it seems rather toned down and I still don't know what's going on. wait he pulled that weapon out of the douchey mech pilot? I thought he could only do it to Inori?

I'm confused. Surprised he turned down the offer and then it's TRANSFER STUDENT TIME!

From what i got of it, because obviously the power will be explained more and more as the show goes on, he can do it to anyone as long as he has some form of relationship and has eye contact, the relationship with the douchebag might have been a negative one since he witnessed the guy beating up that mom, but if the story does take that route than i guess there thinking process is that relations are easily made, even if they aren't positive ones.
Oct 23, 2011 1:12 AM

Jul 2010
ok, so let's just say the part about the weapon will soon be explained, but i till find some things utterly annoying

-the enemies are very uninteresting so far, they're like actors trying so hard to be the bad guys, thus, they look dumb
-Gai is stupid, that genome something is suppose to be for his use?, why bother trusting its vial to Shu in the first place, he could just claim it back when he rescued Shu from the goons, unless something is still amiss or needs to be explained in regards to this part
-the unnecessary doses of fanservice makes this show utterly a kind not to be taken seriously, with its premise, why allow such
-Production I.G's production did not disappoint, (but still their Seirei no Moribito's animation is the best so far) but what's up w/ this sci-fi series coming from them, its not up to their standards when it comes to the "SCI-FI" genre, well i guess its easily answered by their prime writers not handling the show

i really hope the 2 years they've spent for this show is worth it
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 23, 2011 1:31 AM

Aug 2008
Everything was awesome, except the main protagonist's character. Lacks zeal, courage and action. The type of hero that does his deeds reluctantly. It might be more simplistic, but I rather like more the ones that jump into the fray with resolve from the get-go, and don't look back. Meh.
Oct 23, 2011 2:50 AM

Nov 2008
Vanisher said:
How the hell did they know what kind of weapon shu would get from that guy???

It will be very stupid if we never get an explanation.

Seriously? Is it that hard to figure out? I don't see why people are complaining about this.

If you were paying attention Gai had mentioned 'Kaleidoscope" before, a weapon that might give them the upper hand. They stated only the 'power' of the weapon is based on the relationship between the receiver and the one containing the Void. Never mentioned anything about the weapon changing. So it seems sort of obvious that Daryl most likely had had it used before in the past from someone else and Undertaker realized its power and potential.

Oct 23, 2011 5:32 AM

Sep 2010
My take on the ending is that she joins his class to convince him to join.

Overall, Im liking this series so far. Def gonna tune in to this every week.
Oct 23, 2011 5:45 AM

Feb 2008
Quite nice, even some MLRS action :)
Oct 23, 2011 9:17 AM
Aug 2008
Looks like a mix of sacred seven with gundam seed (without the pseudopolitics) and code geass.

Designs -> Code geass ish
Personalities (singing, crazy insane megalomanic antagonist) -> code geass + gundam seed
Grabbing girl's heart, soul, whatever -> Sacred seven, dantalian, etc

A little of fate/stay night in weaponry, some CC/code-geassish relationship, gundam seedish/code-geassish laser-interface block designs, shakugan no shana-ish silver soul thingy, sacred sevenish function and eureka sevenish OP with a hint of spiceness from K-ON with the dancing hip thing, or was it Kannagi mixed with code-geassnish? No idea.
Oct 23, 2011 9:29 AM

Aug 2010
It was nice, Gai is definitely my favorite
Oct 23, 2011 10:14 AM

Aug 2010
Oh damn, this anime started later, so it's still at Ep2. Still too many haters abound =/

Anyways, liked this ep. Partly because it showed more of Tsugumi. Because I like HER.

Mechanekomimilolis FTW :D
WordsmithOct 23, 2011 4:09 PM
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 23, 2011 11:16 AM

Jan 2010
Ugh, the bouncing breasts, butts and vagina's are gonna annoy me to no end. It really doesn't even fit the atmosphere of the show. It's just there for the horny 14 year old boys who only cares about a show if the there's at least one hot female piece of meat. Disgusts me. And don't even get me started on the submissive bullshit going on (where a female is of course the submissive one).

Other than that, the story seems like it could be interesting. It's not at the moment, though.
Oct 23, 2011 11:45 AM

Jul 2011
Jesus Christ, all of these comparisons are overwhelming. I'd say Guilty Crown is too "over-compared" with other animes. I mean, is there even such a term?

Also, there are already too many haters lurching around the forums, needlessly bashing the story based off the first and second episodes. It irks me to say the least.
"Oooh, Shu's such a pussy" "I hate weak characters like Shu" "The females are too submissive, it's soooo disgusting" "This is Code Geass all over again, omg". Come on, give me a break.
Oct 23, 2011 11:57 AM

Oct 2009
This one was better. Expectations are still high)).
Oct 23, 2011 12:02 PM

Oct 2011
myusername said:
Jesus Christ, all of these comparisons are overwhelming. I'd say Guilty Crown is too "over-compared" with other animes. I mean, is there even such a term?

Also, there are already too many haters lurching around the forums, needlessly bashing the story based off the first and second episodes. It irks me to say the least.
"Oooh, Shu's such a pussy" "I hate weak characters like Shu" "The females are too submissive, it's soooo disgusting" "This is Code Geass all over again, omg". Come on, give me a break.
I agree with you whole heartily, myusername. Guilty Crown has no reason to be hated on like this.

Shu is a regular 17 year old, he is not someone like Lelouch or Kira, who WANTED to change anything before hand. He never wanted to get involved, and he even turned down their offer. Complaint debunked.

The females, they are in skin tight suits, just like all the males soldiers. Ayase groans in pain just like the mail soldiers when her machine is attacked. Evangelion also had skin-tight suits, but nobody hated them for showing their characters naked, etc.. I don't like the way they do the fan service either; but to be disgusted by it, why are you watching anime in the first place? Another complaint debunked.

Once again, Code Geass was tactical, it was more about the single person, using a rebellion for his needs. Not a person among a rebellion he wants no part in. It was about a Japan that'd been beaten in war by other power. Not a Japan that needed help from other powers. It was about the power to control people, not to take weapons out of them. I can keep going on and on. Another complaint debunked.
Oct 23, 2011 12:11 PM
Mar 2010
great episode. 5/5.
having watched the OP theme i'm most certain now. what this show's trying to deal with is the topic of interpersonal relationships and the insecurities of it.. lots of shows deal with life, romance, friendship and whatnot but this show.. i can feel it'll be different- it's more about the doubt and insecurity of maintaining a relationship, and how to keep a healthy distance from ppl around us, rather than 'oh-friends-are-so-great'.. but that's just a guess..
Oct 23, 2011 12:42 PM

Jan 2011
So, like, there's this thing called character development. Aaand maaaybe, before we go around labeling characters, we should take into account that there's two episodes aired.

I feel like the hype for Guilty Crown was a bit overblown before it was even airing, which is why people got so disappointed in the first two episodes.

Fanservice? Meh. Don't care that much, as long as it isn't HoTD level.

As for the people who didn't like the opening vocalist, yes, I would have preferred Nagi too. However, I feel like Nagi's voice would have been too soft.. The new singer pulled it off well, in my opinion. The opening Engrish throws you off, but the rest of the song is fantastic.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.