Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 2, 2012 6:18 PM

Dec 2007
jmal said:
SageShinigami said:
I don't know how true this is, but it's a thought that makes me rather happy nonetheless.

Which part, it being from the Nanoha creators, or Nanoha still being popular? Both are true.

Dog Days is an original anime by Seven Arcs, same as Nanoha. They were also both originally created by Tsuzuki Masaki and directed by Kusakawa Keizou (for A's onward; Shinbou Akiyuki of Shaft fame directed the first season of Nanoha).

As for Nanoha's popularity, yes, it's pretty much the mascot series of Megami magazine and has seen a constant stream of sequels and side stories in print form all along.

The part about Nanoha still being popular. I knew about Dog Days being created by Nanoha creator Tsuzuki Masaki. Gives me hope I might see season 4 of MSLN one day. ViViD or Force. (Hopefully ViViD.)
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 15, 2012 9:21 PM

Jan 2010
Ya cant wait for the trip back
Feb 14, 2012 9:10 PM
Aug 2011
When it goin to coming out ? First season was very good, and i knew that they goin to make second season. So I would like to see season 2 of this anime. lol :)
Mar 17, 2012 11:39 PM

Mar 2012
Epic,i kinda liked this anime,so i was wondering if they were going to release a 2nd season.
Mar 18, 2012 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
Why???..first season was to colorful and light for my taste still slowly trying to finish it at least the fighting was ok at times..
Mar 27, 2012 3:23 AM
Mar 2012
so when will be the release of this season 2
Apr 1, 2012 8:06 AM

Sep 2009
more Milch au lait ^^
Milk my milky milk milk!
Apr 1, 2012 9:48 AM

Jul 2010
i actually liked this show, i just hope theres more of the cat guy and his 3 stooges

Apr 19, 2012 3:56 AM

Sep 2009
JustALEX said:

I probably won't watch for the following reasons:

>7.12 Rating in MAL
>Not very talked about (in other words not popular)
>Looks like a crappier version of Asobi ni Iku yo...

nope it looks like a crappier version of ZnT but I don't care for MAL rating since Gintama is on top.
That would be like 'Justin Bieber is 1st in the charts.. now I like his music'-kinda thing
Apr 19, 2012 5:03 PM

Jul 2008
NFlorianWirthG said:
JustALEX said:

I probably won't watch for the following reasons:

>7.12 Rating in MAL
>Not very talked about (in other words not popular)
>Looks like a crappier version of Asobi ni Iku yo...

nope it looks like a crappier version of ZnT but I don't care for MAL rating since Gintama is on top.
That would be like 'Justin Bieber is 1st in the charts.. now I like his music'-kinda thing

Exactly, MAL's rating mean next to nothing with the amount of fangirl/fanboy, seiyu fag, character fag, the bot that increase or drop scores and other reasons.

We are on a site where if a piece have a cast of popular seiyu then it'll get a high score no matter how poor and miserable the actual show is.
We are on a site where more than half of the user score a show according to how much moe it have.
We are on a site where lot of people get intimidated by the 'general opinion' and try to follow it.
We are on a site where a third of the people judge objectively a piece while the other base their score on their personnal enjoyement.
... I could continue for a while.

I'm not here to try to make you watch the show but rather to make you understand something: Basing your judgement on MAL's rating is like trying to go search for an intelligent life form on 4chan or going on a Justin Bieber fansite and asking for recommendation on music.

Also, peopel not talking about a show is not a sign of the show being bad.
There's plenty of show that didn't get much attention but were still objectively better than some other that got a lot of unnecessary attention.

Comparing "Dog days" to "Asobi ni iku yo" is like comparing "Zero no tsukaima" to "To love ru". It's not that you can't do it, it's just that it's not really meaningfull to do so as the two show are about two different concept.

Now I thought that Dog days was pretty much average but it had it's share of good point while relying on entertainement value in a correct fashion.

Asobi ni iku yo was one of the worst written piece my eyes witnessed compared to what was airing at the same time. The show purely relied on fanservice and entertainment value at the expense of the writting.

In my eyes Dog days was much more stable show, juggling between plot and entertainement in a way that Asobi ni iku yo couldn't even hope to do.
Apr 19, 2012 8:56 PM

Aug 2009
I liked the first season.It reminds me of Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Zero no Tsukaima.
Apr 19, 2012 8:58 PM

May 2010
Waste of friken time, give something worthy of a second season.
Apr 19, 2012 9:28 PM

Apr 2010
Kazeshini said:
Waste of friken time, give something worthy of a second season.

Given that it sold 10k copies, I'd say this is far more worthy of a second season than the majority of anime out there.

Apr 20, 2012 6:01 PM

Mar 2012
I started filling out a temp anime list and came across this. DO WANT!
May 2, 2012 7:06 PM

Sep 2011
Can't wait; Enjoyed the first Season even the little Battle actions that had no real plot ( but in a way did ). Made it enjoyable.
May 2, 2012 11:12 PM

Dec 2007
Maddo_scientisto said:

Asobi ni iku yo was one of the worst written piece my eyes witnessed compared to what was airing at the same time. The show purely relied on fanservice and entertainment value at the expense of the writting.

WTF am I reading? Asobi ni Iku yo isn't art or anything, but it's one of 3 harem-type series in all of anime worth mentioning, ever.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
May 5, 2012 12:42 PM

Sep 2010
Kyaahhhh I totally didn't know they were going to make a second season ;___; This is so exciting <3

Sorry fan-girl moment.. I just really loved this anime, I don't even know why it's just so cute and the ending made me sad :c
May 15, 2012 4:21 AM

Aug 2011
cr4sian_phil said:
jmal said:
Lightyear8684 said:
can't they get it that first season was a total failure

Can't you get that you have no idea what you're talking about and your opinion is irrelevant to whether a sequel gets made? =D

Zeream said:
For funding something like this, otaku, you make me sad.

Cry me a river. Dog Days S2 and not a single damned thing you can do about it. WOOOOOOOOOO!

Where's the Like button on this post?
I NEED ONE NOW AS WELL
May 22, 2012 11:30 AM
Apr 2012
i just finished the 1st season..
I demand 2nd season NOW !
May 25, 2012 5:02 AM

Nov 2011
Wtf is up with people hating on Dog Days?
Seriously. I watched the first season under the recommendation of a friend,and I thought it was a completely bland Zero no Tsukaima ripoff with Chocobos at first -not to mention the sorta generic character design-, but as the series goes on, it was SURPRISINGLY fun to watch.

The MC has balls, most characters are likable, VAs do a excellent job... The plot is pretty simple, but it delivers everything it intends to pretty much perfectly. The ending was also quite good, which is rare nowadays.

Course, it is no masterpiece, but it was a pretty fun and lighthearted show... Definitely looking forward to the second season.
Jul 6, 2012 12:35 PM

Jan 2012
The latest PV has gone up for Dog Days 2.

With the first episode airing at 11:30PM Japan time, this is most likely the final one that will be released. If the season will be as action-packed as this PV is, the season will be amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nB_wl5H9tM
Jul 6, 2012 4:49 PM

Feb 2012
Wow... season 2 be better than the first one or else...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

8 by AddaeAkono »»
10 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.