Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2011 3:38 AM

May 2009
Who will reign victorious; Capcom's Street Fighter IV or Arc System Work's BlazBlue?

Please vote in the poll and give reasons for you choice? :)
Sep 28, 2011 5:10 AM
Dec 2009
I'm a Blazblue fan, first and foremost, but I still appreciate Street Fighter 4.
Sep 28, 2011 5:18 AM

Jan 2008
SFIV was good, Never even heard of blaze blue until just now, but it looks a lot like Neo Geo classics Like samurai showdown and king of fighters.

I din't like SFIV music, and compared to III it's mechanics felt a lot more like EX than a tradition street fighter.

Since I haven't played Blazblue I have to vote for SF, but since I didn't like SFIV as much as other SF games.

I wont vote.
Sep 28, 2011 8:55 AM

Jan 2008
BlazBlue. People will probably disagree with me here but I find Street Fighters gameplay to slow and the new graphics have been a big turn off for me. I prefer'd when they were still 2D.
Sep 28, 2011 9:03 AM
May 2011
SSFIVAE for me. I like both GG and BB:CS, but I never really played them that seriously. As for strawberry vs. chocolate, I think AE is more balanced at a casual level. It is quite boring above that though as it quickly turns into Hong Kong Fighter IV. I still like AE over normal Super though, but I think that AE2012 will be better.
Sep 30, 2011 3:30 AM

Jan 2008
BlazBlue for me. Prefer the overall speed of it compared to SSIV.

Also, Taokaka is a far cooler character than anyone in SSIV :P.
Sep 30, 2011 6:06 AM

Apr 2008
Blazblue : CS easily, sf4 just doesn't compare.

Sep 30, 2011 7:37 AM

Aug 2008
Does anyone else find Blazblue repetitive? The story and everything for each characters.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 30, 2011 12:55 PM

Jan 2008
Plun said:
Does anyone else find Blazblue repetitive? The story and everything for each characters.

To tell you the truth, I don't even know what the hell the story is. I never bothered with it in CT and for CS, I just skimmed everything and only did it to unlock Mu. I don't buy 2D fighter games for a story.
Sep 30, 2011 5:16 PM
May 2011
Paul said:
Plun said:

To tell you the truth, I don't even know what the hell the story is. I never bothered with it in CT and for CS, I just skimmed everything and only did it to unlock Mu. I don't buy 2D fighter games for a story.

Same here. It is always interesting to read reviews where people bitch and moan about a fighting game lacking offline content. MK9 offline feels more like a circus attraction than a fighter. I just need training / versus.
Sep 30, 2011 5:39 PM

Sep 2011
As I much as I like Street Fighter as I grew up with it, i'd have to say BlazBlue. I dunno, as I've been playing BB more than SSFIV: AE these days, i've been adjusting to BlazBlue's fighting system more. I'm sure AE2012 Edition and CS Extend will both be good when they come out.
Sep 30, 2011 10:31 PM

Sep 2011
Street fighter was a release game on the 3ds and its sales weren't that good, still the only reason I got into blazblue was because of a internet parody of durarara and blazblue in an amv LOL

but yeah it took me one amv of apparently Blazblablablah (see what I did there?... I combined the two...no?...darn)

so yeah it took me one amv of apparently Blazblablablah to get into the game

so soz street fighter ur nothign to me *que epic mocking laugh*
If I had a dollar for every dollar I have. I'd have an infinite amount of money, so "haha" for you.
Oct 1, 2011 2:38 PM

Mar 2011
Oh good, I don't feel too bad for voting BlazBlue now.

Personally, I've hated SF since I grew up on Melty Blood which was much more of a combo heavy game than the SF punch and fall back. I could never get used to the style and I just suck when I play against other people so I gave it up rather fast.

That said, anime style graphics hit hard for me which is why I play Touhou 7.5, 10.5, 12.3, Arcana Hearts, and BlazBlue.

Slashy slashy~
~ Fallen Angel ~

Oct 1, 2011 2:46 PM

Jun 2011
Blaz Blue all the way.

More topics from this board

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
32 minutes ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Today

1 by Zettaiken »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.