Forum Settings
Forums

want to get into gundam, whatas a good one to start on(one hopefully with romance and decent length))

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2011 3:38 AM
Aug 2011
Hongo-Takeshi said:
Z does not death in the amount that id call dark while it may have some dark scenes but over all its not that Dark like the scene on the abannod colony was dark but al large is was used to manipulate Bidan rather than truly be dark Dark scenes are not susope st Manioulate the poople n show thre should Impact the Viewer not just use as a tool
really having alot of deaths in your show is getting dark, ide say the only show where having high body count isnt counted as dark is gurren laggan since they all went out in stupidly epic ways,

i havnt seen zeta yet but if its got a high body count then its a dark anime, you really cant deny that, yah its there to ipact the viewer thats why detah scenes exist but that doesnt stop it from being a dark serise ecpecially if these are deaths arent heroic sacrificed ie character purposly kills himself to save others then its without a doubt dark
Aug 31, 2011 3:43 AM
Mar 2011
OsamaMyLlama said:
Hongo-Takeshi said:
Z does not death in the amount that id call dark while it may have some dark scenes but over all its not that Dark like the scene on the abannod colony was dark but al large is was used to manipulate Bidan rather than truly be dark Dark scenes are not susope st Manioulate the poople n show thre should Impact the Viewer not just use as a tool
really having alot of deaths in your show is getting dark, ide say the only show where having high body count isnt counted as dark is gurren laggan since they all went out in stupidly epic ways,

i havnt seen zeta yet but if its got a high body count then its a dark anime, you really cant deny that, yah its there to ipact the viewer thats why detah scenes exist but that doesnt stop it from being a dark serise ecpecially if these are deaths arent heroic sacrificed ie character purposly kills himself to save others then its without a doubt dark

you dont see the deaths happen its dscribed to Biden as to you
but iff you want to read about wjy the colny is abbandod read rise of the Titans manga
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 31, 2011 3:45 AM

Jun 2011
Hongo-Takeshi said:

ones to avoid
seed

What's so bad about SEED.
Aug 31, 2011 3:46 AM
Mar 2011
IllegalCyrus said:
Hongo-Takeshi said:

ones to avoid
seed

What's so bad about SEED.

the Chracters il leve it at that
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Aug 31, 2011 3:48 AM

Jun 2011
But Jesus Yamato D:
Aug 31, 2011 5:25 AM

Apr 2009
I see no reason not to start with Gundam 00.
After that, SEED. (ignore the haters)
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Aug 31, 2011 5:26 AM
Mar 2011
Xayoz said:

start him in the most mixed up route possible

Aug 31, 2011 4:41 PM

Mar 2009
Call me old fashioned but why not start in 1979 and work your way forward. Can't lose that way. Also, the old school look of the majority of it won't seem so jolting. (Doesn't bother me. I actually like it better than some of the so called "state of the art" stuff.) For me its all about storyline and characters and Gundam has always had plenty of both . . . along with art and animation that was top of the line at the time.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Aug 31, 2011 4:51 PM
Aug 2011
Xayoz said:
dont worry i always ignore haters, welli really should have with school days but thats the one time it backfired
Aug 31, 2011 4:58 PM

Mar 2009
OsamaMyLlama said:
Xayoz said:
dont worry i always ignore haters, welli really should have with school days but thats the one time it backfired

For what it's worth (not likely much) I liked Seed and 00. Actually liked Seed a bit better. But I can't say I like them better than some of the earlier ones. Still a major fan of Wing.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Aug 31, 2011 5:00 PM
Mar 2011
Watch the Gundam 0079 movie trilogy. Follow with Zeta, then Double Zeta, and finish Char's Counterattack. From there, you can pretty much watch the remaining Universal Century stuff in any real order, as most are OVAs.

As for AUs, Wing is enjoyable. G Gundam is a wonderfully cheesey hammy watch. Avoid the SEED shows at all costs. Can't say much about 00, X, or Turn A haven't seen 'em yet.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - 11 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

5 by MeguSae38 »»
3 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
5 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.