Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 3, 2012 6:01 PM

Nov 2011
Meri said:
Didnt play the yt trailer, dont want to ruin it, since im going to see it in few days.
Overall I think this is a good thing, but nothing will ever match up with manga.
What this movie could do is bring new generation of people who will want to read manga after this.

What! How are you going to see it didn't it just get released in Japan theatres?
I envy you...

I agree with you though I will enjoy the movie(Even though it won't stand in comparison to the manga) simply because it's Berserk but with better animations but not only that but I hope the movies gain a ton of popularity in hopes of
1.) Having them continue the anime or at least possibly keep making the movies after canon to the manga. 2.) Let the manga gain a ton of popularity and hopefully pushing the makers to put out more chapters of Berserk quicker then how long it is taking currently.
If I had known they take such long breaks in the manga earlier I would have took my time reading it instead of doing a marathon and burning right through it.

Korotoko said:
Ragix said:
Korotoko said:
first ten minutes of movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWq4xtcQnVc

It's kinda weird.

NO ITS FUCKING BEAUTIFULLLLL

Just wish it wasn't censored and was subbed.. Ready the manga and watched the anime though so had a good idea what was going on..
Man I'm excited for the full movie subbed!

you sure? It reminds me of 3d rendering from a video game.

The reason it looks that way is because it's trying to stay true to Berserk's art-style while of course giving the animations and everything a nice touch-up. Of course it doesn't look as great as some animes you may have seen but it's a nice fresh change.(From my point of view at least) Who knows maybe they'll explain why someday.
RagixFeb 3, 2012 6:04 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 3, 2012 6:15 PM

Feb 2010
dunno, it just looks odd to me. Like the facial expressions of the soldiers, the 3d rendering makes them look real weird.
Feel free to join my club if you like Armored Core:
Feb 3, 2012 6:20 PM

Nov 2011
Korotoko said:
dunno, it just looks odd to me. Like the facial expressions of the soldiers, the 3d rendering makes them look real weird.

Yeah I saw that to. It kind of looks like they paid less attention to the random soldiers and what-not and focused more on the main characters of the series, I agree with you though some of the soldiers I saw looked kind of funky. All in all I just hope these movies will be a success. These movies could play a big part to where the series will be going.(Depending if they are big hits or flops)
Feb 3, 2012 6:37 PM
Jul 2008
Ragix said:
What! How are you going to see it didn't it just get released in Japan theatres?
I envy you...
I live in Japan ^^
Today it started airing in the theaters and there is one 500 meters from my home :)
Feb 3, 2012 6:39 PM

Feb 2010
Meri said:
Ragix said:
I envy you...
I live in Japan ^^
Today it started airing in the theaters and there is one 500 meters from my home :)

Tell me if it's good or bad when you see it. I'm expecting the worse after those 10 minutes.
Feb 3, 2012 6:59 PM

Nov 2011
Meri said:
Ragix said:
I envy you...
I live in Japan ^^

Wow, lucky you. Q_Q
But yeah let us know if it's good or bad! I'm trying to be optimistic and say it will hopefully be good and sticks with the manga!

So Korotoko will be the Evil Dark Lord Sauron who expects to see the Berserk movie fall and I'll be Gandalf the White who wants it to prevaillllll.

Hey Korotoko guess what happens at the end of Lord of the Rings. xD
Feb 3, 2012 7:06 PM

Feb 2010
Ragix said:
Meri said:
Ragix said:
I envy you...
I live in Japan ^^

Wow, lucky you. Q_Q
But yeah let us know if it's good or bad! I'm trying to be optimistic and say it will hopefully be good and sticks with the manga!

So Korotoko will be the Evil Dark Lord Sauron who expects to see the Berserk movie fall and I'll be Gandalf the White who wants it to prevaillllll.

You misinterpret me. I'm expecting it to fail but I want to see it "prevail." I want to be wrong. Berserk is one my all-time favorite animes/mangas and nothing would please me more than to see it do well. I can't be optimistic though after seeing that youtube vid.
Feb 3, 2012 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
Korotoko said:
Ragix said:
Meri said:
Ragix said:
I envy you...
I live in Japan ^^

Wow, lucky you. Q_Q

You misinterpret me. I'm expecting it to fail but I want to see it "prevail." I want to be wrong.

Ah okay.....
But I still get to be Gandalf.
Feb 3, 2012 7:11 PM
Jul 2008
I'll leave a comment in episode's discussion board probably, but ultimately it is only my opinion and you shouldn't rely on it much; who knows if you'll feel the same after seeing it. we could have completely opposite opinion.
Feb 3, 2012 7:13 PM

Feb 2010
Meri said:
I'll leave a comment in episode's discussion board probably, but ultimately it is only my opinion and you shouldn't rely on it much; who knows if you'll feel the same after seeing it. we could have completely opposite opinion.
Meri said:

No problem.
Feb 24, 2012 10:54 AM
Dec 2011
Is there anywhere I can watch this movie online? It's not going to be airing in the US i think and i don't want to wait for the dvd to come out (if it does).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
5 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
8 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
9 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.