Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2011 5:31 AM

Sep 2010
So ima big fan of this old-timer video game called ONI, its a third-person hand-to-hand combat-shooter.

What makes me keep coming back to this game year after year is the fact that the story is really nice and its very similar to manga/anime (as in, the story could be a anime story).

Now i was wondering if this game might be related to any cause the drawings that are used in the game are anime-style (for the time, it was released in 2001).

On the wiki page ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_%28video_game%29)
i found out that game-world resembles "Ghost in a Shell", which is an anime film i think.

Now i was wondering if anyone here has any experiences with oni and or that particular anime and know if they are simliar or someting, or if there is a diff series that the game could be based off.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2011 9:26 PM

May 2011
I know it isn't much, but I remember hearing of ONI on a GameFAQS Top 10 list. It looks very interesting.
Jun 26, 2011 6:52 AM

Sep 2010
its an old game, but very good, i wish they would remake it or someting ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2011 8:09 AM

May 2007
oh yes i've played it a bit in i don't even know how many years ago, it's an old game after all. i've seen mostly my brother play it. it was pretty fun from what i can remember.
Jun 26, 2011 8:40 AM

May 2009
I got this for the pc, and damn it ate alot of dust.

Never tried it lol.
Jun 26, 2011 8:16 PM
Jun 2010
Damn I remember that game. When I purchased it from GameStop they had two copies and they were priced 2 dollars differently so I got the cheaper one. Got home tried to install it realized it was the Mac version. Went back and switched out the copies and had to pay the 2 dollar difference :(. It was great game. Though I don't remember the story.
Jun 27, 2011 2:55 AM

Oct 2010
Yes, I played it back in the day. I remember it being quite good, but also hard - I could not get past level 4 or 5 at that time to save my life T_T
Seeing as how I am into anime right now I might give it another shot when I have more time.
Jun 27, 2011 5:59 AM

Sep 2010
ye i think i played out the whole story around 4-5 times.

usually i play it 1 time normally, unlock cheatmode (auto available after finishing), then play it again with cheats for funs.
Jun 27, 2011 7:38 PM
Jun 2011
That brings back memories; I haven't played that game in years. I think I got a free demo disc for it in the mail or something because I know I didn't buy it. I remember it being pretty fun. I ought to look through my discs for it...

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
1 hour ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
10 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.