Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2011 10:30 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man they really proceeded with the ritual anyway, it'll be Kuraki's turn after 33 years. I was annoyed at Takeo for being a wimp during the first half of the episode but then Kuraki hog all the action the entire time anyway.

This was good but it would have been better if this was a little bit longer to flesh out the characters more. Besides, I think there's a bit more of the story to tell.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 13, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2011
Better than the first episode, nice ending song. That was a interesting story but it seems incomplete.
Apr 16, 2018 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
That was really cool, it definitely had alot of what I look for in an OVA. I would have definitely watched a TV series that fleshed stuff out further.

I bet that the Theatre Group guy wanted the Woman to run the place with him, not sure why he wouldn't just tell her that openly though.

Watched this with the Dub which was surprisingly pretty fantastic, I guess since the OVA didn't actually get licensed until much later it means they were able to use a better cast to dub it. Bang Zoom dubs are always pretty good.

So yeah overall I thought that was a really good 60 minutes or so and yeah I would have loved to see more as I doubt I'll ever get around to reading the manga.
May 23, 2023 10:44 PM

Sep 2020
Definitely had good ideas for a full series but as it stands, it was a waste of time and potential.

6.5 patricides /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Nov 29, 2023 10:39 AM
Jun 2022
Some Amusing Bits , Some So So Bits & Some Interesting Build Up To End With. Enjoyed First 10 Minutes Of Ep1 Man , That Was Good Stuff . Might Rewatch That Again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eight Clouds Rising Episode 1 Discussion

tofei - May 29, 2011

1 by SlammyHammy »»
May 23, 2023 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.