Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 2011 4:09 PM

Oct 2007

With her distinct art style and story telling, it’s easy to see that Natsume Ono Sensei brings something unique to the world of manga and anime. Tell us what was your first introduction to her work?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 14, 2011 8:16 AM
Aug 2009
I honestly don't know. All of her works which I read are just awesome... I'll think a little and then vote ;D
May 17, 2011 4:35 PM

Dec 2010
My first was Kuma to Interi. I'm in love since then. :)
May 19, 2011 3:03 PM

May 2010
I saw the anime for House of Five leaves, and really liked it and wanted to read the manga, but it hadn't been printed in English yet. So I looked around for some more of her manga, and found Not Simple (not simple?). It just broke my heart, but I loved it.
May 20, 2011 11:04 PM

Jan 2010
I really haven't read enough of her work (really just small chapters here and there, nothing complete) but I already love it! I've only read a little bit of Amato Amaro and I just loved how un-moe yet awesome the art style is :)
Nov 18, 2011 2:07 AM

Jan 2011
I first heard about her with the start of the Ristorante Paradiso anime. At first I thought "anime about a young girl falling in love with an old man--surrounded by old guys.........ehhhhhhhhhh." But like most anime, I jumped at the manga ASAP to see the original work and not judge the anime in such a way.

And I fell for her. The eloquent way she writes these stories with such human feelings to them. Realistic but still somewhat magical. I hadn't read such a manga with so much life in it in a long time. Her art may be non-traditional but that's part of the charm. Her stories just make my heart ache.
Feb 4, 2012 6:12 AM

Oct 2011
actually came into her manga backwards, through the anime for saraiya goyou, which just blew my mind - one of my favorite all-time anime - just recently i picked up the manga version, of which only five (maybe six, by now) are available in english, and found the manga is even better than the anime, with a much more involved story line and character development - read all five volumes i could get my hands on in about two days - some of the best art ever! her style is so original - currently reading not simple - it's looking to be a similar level of excellence...........
Mar 12, 2012 8:04 AM

Feb 2008
I started off with Not Simple. It was a good read though I missed a couple of points because I didn't get around to looking up the kanji I skipped over...
Oct 13, 2012 8:25 PM

Oct 2009
my first introduction was Ristorante Paradiso :) I found it unique and enchanting
Apr 13, 2013 5:47 PM

Sep 2008
Just joined, I love her stuff. The first I read was not simple, which our library had, then two volumes of House of Five Leaves. I've been forcing the librarians to inter library loan or outright buy more volumes of her work ever since. They bought Danza a few weeks ago and I just finished it today.
Butterflies don't belong in nets.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» News Archive

CheshireSin - Oct 13, 2012

6 by CheshireSin »»
Feb 2, 2016 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.