Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 22, 2011 8:14 AM
Jun 2010
Anyone know any animes with romance between boy and girl where girl is dandere. COLD, WITHDRAWN, MYSTERIOUSE ETC... NOT TSUNDERE, NOT MOE, NOT SHY.

Ive seen the ones with tsundere, loli tsundere (bored of this), moe (typical big boobs, clumsy, but really nice etc..) and overly shy and dependant insecure etc...

so anyone know any with dandere for example like the sword woman from kanon, or sword woman from hystorys strongest diciple kenichi.

The onlyone i can think of at the moment is kimi kiss where one of the guys gets together with a dandere girl.

edit: also Kanzaki Kaori in To Aru Majutsu No Index fits the role too, but i want the main girl who the guy goes with to be kuudere. not some side girl like in most typical animes.
OtherGuyXApr 23, 2011 5:32 AM
Apr 22, 2011 8:50 AM

Feb 2009
Angel Beats!, although there really isn't very much romance in this series, it is definitely present in the last episode.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood could fit as well, although again, there isn't very much romance through this series.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai season 2 has had a storyline that I think would work, although she's more moe later on... I think she starts off as the kind of character you wanted, but has a "cute" side...

I'm not quite sure if Kara no Kyoukai is what you're looking for since, to be perfectly honest, I don't know how to define Shiki... But she's definitely quiet and cool.
Apr 22, 2011 9:04 AM

Nov 2010
This is one of the more difficult recommendations I had to answer for lol But my biggest selection is Neon Genesis Evangellion. Shinji, the male lead, has 2 girls (or 3) that have a crush on him and one of them is a kuudere and the other a dandere. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu has a dandere (Yuki).
Apr 22, 2011 9:36 AM

Mar 2011
Can someone here tell me what 'Dandere/Kuudere' is? :$

For I have no idea! And I sometimes come across the term.. xD

Thanks in advance! Please forgive me my ignorance... ;D
Apr 22, 2011 10:44 AM

Nov 2008
DigiDigi said:
This is one of the more difficult recommendations I had to answer for lol But my biggest selection is Neon Genesis Evangellion. Shinji, the male lead, has 2 girls (or 3) that have a crush on him and one of them is a kuudere and the other a dandere. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu has a dandere (Yuki).

It's implied that Lain from Serial Experiments Lain loves Alice (yes this is a shoujo-ai relationship), but a romance series is pretty much the last thing you would call Lain, even if you have no idea what you would call it due to the ever-present strangeness in Lain

MissYuuki said:

As I said, Kuuderes and danderes don't show much emotion and look detached from everything, but harbor emotions deep inside. It's hard to explain since you haven't seen any popular anime with a kuudere/dandere character in it.

Primula from Shuffle is in the kuudere club I am in, though, so try to think of characters like her.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Apr 23, 2011 3:14 AM
Jun 2010
so im guessing there are no romances where the male and the female are practically made for each other, in other words so obviouse that they go together (no other conflicts or anything from stopping them)

Ive seen many animes with them as side characters, like tabitha from zero no tsukaima, himegami from to aru, the sword women fromt hose animes i mentioned.

the only one i myself can think of is NINO from ARAKAWA UNDER THE BRIDGE.

But im looking for more. Anyone else got anymore? Not side characters, like main characters. Primula is another side character. Also yuki from haruhi.
Ikaros from thingy, forgot the name, ummm yeah.
thanks

remember, not side character, main character please !
Apr 23, 2011 5:24 AM
Feb 2011
Dandere is a shy character archtype, and a Kuudere is a cold cynical character archtype.

Itazura Na Kiss has a pretty cold kuudere guy as the male main, the girl is sort of a dandere at first.

Clannad/Clannad: After Story's female main is quite the dandere (i'm actually surprised you have air and kanon but not clannad. its like you went in reverse order of whats good)

Apr 23, 2011 5:32 AM
Jun 2010
well if you read my other posts properly you would know what i was looking for, and those were not it.

however thanks for the reccomendations. I would say the guy is tsundere no dandere.
Apr 23, 2011 6:39 AM

Apr 2009
Actually, Angel Beats! has a fairly dandere female as the love interest. Not the Haruhi-like leader of the rebels. She's there to throw you off. The Haruhi-like one is not the love interest.
Apr 23, 2011 7:15 AM

Feb 2008
The problem is that actually most kuudere/dandere heroines fit in the side girl part, hmm Darker than Black has a "romantic" development with a dandere character (Yin), this is most notable in the Gaiden OVA since they are

Apr 23, 2011 8:07 AM

Jan 2010
It's in your plan-to-watch, but just in case you didn't know... The last 4 episodes of Amagami SS (Ayatsuji Tsukasa's Arc) features a classic Kuudere girl. Initially she might seem like a yandere, but most of the time, she's rather disconnected yet crticial of others.

Haruhi has a huge dandere in it named Miku. Very timid girl.

Also, I found a club.. http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=9188
Apr 23, 2011 8:41 AM
Jun 2010
i know, but miku is a side character, not main :(

why are kuuderes always side characters, why cant thre be one that is main :(

if the anime king lives somehwere in the mountains, make me a kuudere romance anime oh king anime guy.girl thingy wierd
Apr 23, 2011 7:51 PM

Feb 2009
Kara no Kyoukai, although it's not strictly a "romance" series.
Apr 24, 2011 4:15 AM
Jun 2010
then probs not gonna watch it :D
Apr 24, 2011 4:44 AM

Jun 2009
dio_brando86 said:
Kara no Kyoukai, although it's not strictly a "romance" series.
Romance is a major part of Kara no Kyoukai. And Shiki is obviously what you're looking for.
Apr 24, 2011 6:42 AM

Dec 2010
Why didn't anyone recommend Elemental Gelade? Isn't the main girl a kuudere?
Apr 27, 2011 9:56 AM
Jun 2010
elemental gelade doesnt look that good. Might be good i dunno.

anyone got anything that is strongly romance oreintated, like clannad is strongly romance, ai yori aoshi are strongly romance orientated.

so anyone got a kuudere strongly romance anime ?
Apr 27, 2011 11:52 AM

Apr 2009
Angel Beats- strongly romance-oriented, and has a Kuudere as one of the main female leads
Apr 27, 2011 1:22 PM

Feb 2011
Bakemonogatari, i don't care what everyone says senjougahara is not by any means tsundere or yandere, it's a bit of all, and she's a great female lead. You can take my word for it, or forever stay in the darkness(they don't have cookies, i checked).
Closer.
Apr 6, 2015 10:50 PM
Apr 2015
umm how about...chobits!?! she it too cute
Apr 6, 2015 11:01 PM

Aug 2010
Rosa_FOEtida said:
MissYuuki said:

As I said, Kuuderes and danderes don't show much emotion and look detached from everything, but harbor emotions deep inside. It's hard to explain since you haven't seen any popular anime with a kuudere/dandere character in it.

Primula from Shuffle is in the kuudere club I am in, though, so try to think of characters like her.

So to put it in layman's terms, its a cold or distant person that has deep feelings for you that DOESN'T beat the shit out of you when she's pissed at you?

I'm asking because i need some clarification before me (or someone else) can recommend something you will enjoy
ThRippJckApr 6, 2015 11:34 PM
Jul 4, 2016 12:53 PM
Jan 2016
What about sakurasou no pet na kanojo the main character's love interest is kuudere
Jul 4, 2016 5:41 PM
Jun 2016
Love is definitely a theme in Chunibyo, despite the initial quirky atmosphere.

Takanaka Rikka is -very shy- about romance, loyal to her crush, and their relationship has a slow but steady build, despite people trying to push her to be more aggressive.

The show does a good job of making you realize how reserved she is in the real world, despite her brazen attitude in her own head. At one point, your like, "Holy crap she just grabbed his hand!", and it feels meaningful, despite however many hours of tentacle rape sister loli fetish hentai you have under your belt.
ThunderfrogJul 4, 2016 5:46 PM
Jul 4, 2016 5:47 PM

May 2015
Gosick is exactly what you are looking for.
Sep 17, 2016 7:27 PM
May 2016
The Stony Cay and the Hentai Prince is pretty much close to what you are looking for as I can think of.
Feb 7, 2017 7:07 PM
Jan 2017
Feb 13, 2017 1:19 PM
Aug 2011
Maybe White Album 2?
Feb 24, 2017 1:35 AM
Sep 2015
I guess I could say Angel Beats, I mean Kanade (angel) is the Kuudere is a stoic type,
while Otonashi despite being a guy is somewhat a dandere, Idk I based it on his personality
Feb 24, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2017
sakurasou's mashiro is a good example of what you're looking for . go watch that if you haven't .
Feb 24, 2017 8:06 PM

Mar 2014
... Is this revive old topics friday? why people adding recs to topics started years ago? This isn't the only one i saw quite a few other revived rec topics
Sep 6, 2017 8:15 PM
May 2013
So I was looking for the same answer in 2017 - Decent ones I can think of now are
Darker than Black's Yin (the romance is more subtle),
Baccano's Chane (this actually is exactly what your looking for, but there are mutiple storylines in this one),
*Gosick's main couple,
Cross Game isnt really a kuudere she's actually a tomboy who is just really cool, but I love this anime so..

Witch Hunter Robin doesnt have romance exactly (maybe if you squint) but main lead is a very fleshed out kuudere if I remember correctly
Hachimitsu no clover- on of the couples there was this mature older woman, younger man relationship
that rurouni Kenshin ova that was kinda tragic - the female was mature and silent type
Shoujo Kakumei Utena - Anthy is defintely a quiet type - though its kinda not going to be satisfying if you go into this particular show with romance in mind (its a masterpiece tho)
Shengeki no kyogin - mikasa...
Love lab - that glasses girl - not sure if its in the anime, but deff in manga
Library Wars - Asako, but you have to watch the movie for her little scene of romance
Amagi Brilliant Park - I dunno if she fits, she's more like a serious, hardworking tsundere
*Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - probably exactly what your looking for

Im using the kuudere/dandere type very lightly, and also on some older oriented series so I realize Im not using the terms properly

The reason I started looking at this was to find someone similar to Ai Haibara in detective Conan get a happy ending lol
Feb 23, 2018 7:22 AM
Oct 2015
Sweetpea said:
Actually, Angel Beats! has a fairly dandere female as the love interest. Not the Haruhi-like leader of the rebels. She's there to throw you off. The Haruhi-like one is not the love interest.

I do think Otonashi acts as the Dandere..considering he's shy for a guy and Kanade as the Kuudere
Feb 23, 2018 7:23 AM

Jan 2018
Didn’t read other comments but try Mysterious Girlfriend X

"Nothing can stay unchanged."
Feb 23, 2018 9:41 AM

Oct 2016
Oregairu
Relife if i can remember correctly
Citrus
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
Feb 23, 2018 8:38 PM
Jan 2017
Based on my knowledge and what other people have said (I didn’t check your list so skip over the ones you already watched):
+Angel beats
+Tonari no kaibutsu-kun
+Hentai prince and the stony cat

Maybe:
Plastic memories?
RElife?
Kind of a stretch, but Hibike euphonium?
Was there a Kundere in Nagi no Asukara?
Does kimi ni todoke fit the bill?

Past that, it’s only in arcs:
The yukika arc of Ore Monogatari is spectacular
Plenty of harems (tabitha from zero no tsukaima is excellent, monogatari series has some good arcs of those)
Art is dead, and we killed it.
Aug 17, 2018 8:18 AM
Jul 2016
Old Thread, but my best recommendations Currently would be:
Kokoro Connect + Kokoro Connect:Michi Random
Sakurasou no Pet Na Kanojo
Angel Beats
Dec 12, 2019 4:45 PM

Jul 2015
AllahSemmin said:
Maybe White Album 2?

+1 White Album 2
Kazusa Touma fits quite well the kuudere type and is one of my favorite female characters

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga that revolves around Rain Theem

BroDa2545 - May 5

7 by ST63LTH »»
3 hours ago

» Worst anime ever?

Weltman - 6 hours ago

3 by ST63LTH »»
3 hours ago

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - May 3

11 by LoveYourEyes »»
10 hours ago

» looking for animanga/wa/ua like gantz, battle royale, god's will, jagaaaaaan and sweet home

FruitPunchBaka - Today

10 by Toha »»
Today, 8:23 AM

» Manga Recomendations

MrShroomzyy - Today

2 by ST63LTH »»
Today, 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.