Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2011 2:29 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OH GOD!!!!

FARKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW OG GAME!!
OST COMES OUT THIS WEEK!!

AND I'M TIRED OF TYPING ALLCAPS!!! TOO MANY EXCLAMATION MARKS!! BUT THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED HERE!!!

GOOOD EPISODE IS GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD
Apr 1, 2011 3:18 PM

Oct 2009
I CAN FINALLY WRITE THIS:

Sanger Zonvolt: I'm on a horse.

Awesome series was awesome.
Apr 1, 2011 5:23 PM

Apr 2007
Two words to summarise this episode: FUCK YEAH.

Shame no Rampage Ghost. But everything else made up for it.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Apr 1, 2011 11:36 PM

Aug 2009
I'm quite happy with the last episode of this show.

I know a complaint I had earlier was the lack of the side character appearances for anything major (and for the first 10 or so episodes had to point out the use of Alteisen as the "win" card). I'm not sure if it was a conscious effort by Obari, but he went out of his way to make sure virtually no character was left out (aside from the battleships, who got no love). If anything, this more than makes up for 20-odd episodes of uncertainty.

Perfect way IMO to end the series. Still a fanboy's show, but a damn enjoyable ending to a fanboy's show.
Burkeism - Our president is more truculent than yours.
Apr 2, 2011 3:14 AM

Oct 2009
@kinrat

I know what your saying, and I agree. But there are a lot of characters who didn't get their due, just as a quick example, anyone remember Sleigh and Egret Fehu?

Yeah, didn't think so.

One crackpot theory is that they were dropped to be in the sequel. Another is that they were dropped due to lack of budget (e.g. Wodan's battle was dropped because they couldn't afford to animate it, meaning Egret wasn't killed in the cradle).

There are a lot more things that were just forgotten throughout the series.
sylvaneliteApr 2, 2011 3:18 AM
Apr 2, 2011 6:51 AM

Aug 2009
Wow what an ending
the attacks were awesome and is sure to make every fan from the game happy

slax said:

NEW OG GAME!!
OST COMES OUT THIS WEEK!!

What game ?
first I heard of such thing ?
I thought the one coming was Z2 ?
Apr 3, 2011 2:35 PM

Jan 2009
WTF happened to machine child dude?

I thought his creation got owned in the game
Apr 3, 2011 3:19 PM

Apr 2007
haha oh man, Zengar and Elzam, after reading about the horse transformation thing a little while ago I so wanted to see it in this series. And there it was. So awesome. I have to say, I really like how Elzam's character changed compared to Divine Wars. There I thought he was boring and now he's one of my favorite characters in the series. I never imagined that would happened.

Anyway that was a great final battle (only felt a little rushed), but overall I liked Divine Wars more. Besides what I personally disliked here, there are a few things that weren't finished (what happened with Egret? and the whole government mess?) and the staff just didn't handle the large amount of characters that well. It also bothers me that they didn't show whether Axel died or not :/

Oh well, it was fun~
MonochromeApr 3, 2011 3:22 PM
Apr 3, 2011 4:38 PM

Feb 2007
Over all, good ending episode, in line with what the rest of the series has showed us.

Nice OG Gaiden cameos.

Could have done with 2-3 more eps so the last few did not feel rushed as hell.

Apr 3, 2011 5:50 PM

Jan 2009
A definitely good series I must say, rather than only fighting the stern regisseur in the game they instead remake it into something more magnificent, brilliant.

And with all those first few cutscene at the beginning (Cry Wolves, Kouta & Shoko, Compatible Kaiser) there is a high possibility that they may made OG Gaiden into series also. I do hope Shura army was included. Folka FTW!
Apr 3, 2011 6:33 PM

Mar 2010
Pretty touching ending and bittersweet in some parts.. such as Axel and Alfimi's loss and Gilliam destroying that teleporter so he can't go back anymore. Was really cute and touching hearing Lamia call Lemon "mother" though. Lamias obviously my favorite of the series.

I still think the games 500% better to tell ya the truth though. This was still pretty good though~
Apr 4, 2011 6:27 PM

Aug 2009
Monochrome said:
Besides what I personally disliked here, there are a few things that weren't finished (what happened with Egret? and the whole government mess?) and the staff just didn't handle the large amount of characters that well. It also bothers me that they didn't show whether Axel died or not :/

This is pretty much directly in line with the OG2 storyline (as it was represented on the PS2 game). We really don't know how it ends either.
Burkeism - Our president is more truculent than yours.
Apr 5, 2011 12:38 AM

Sep 2009
Monochrome said:
It also bothers me that they didn't show whether Axel died or not :/

Which I wish they would translate, cuz the original endless frontier had the BEST dialogue EVAR.
Apr 5, 2011 5:51 PM
Jul 2009

I was disappointed when they gave us Fighter Roar and Compatible Kaiser at the start of the episode only to have him never appear

;_;
Apr 6, 2011 11:11 AM

Jul 2009
Very nice twist with Beowulf and all.

Here's a pro-tip when making copies of your enemies as your allies : Make sure they got their special attacks.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 6, 2011 5:58 PM
Oct 2007
A solid 8. The score speak for the series itself. I need to experience playing the game myself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2011 4:31 AM

Oct 2010
And...like last time, they had to rush it by cramming all the boss fights in to the final few episodes, AGAIN!

Finally they decided to use Tatsumaki Zankantou in the last ep, but they should've played 'Trombe!' instead of 'Ken Kon Ichi Teki' for that combination attack. I'm a bit disappointed to hear so little override compared to Divine Wars.

slax said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDv-yRWioJM&feature=player_embedded

Oh sweet! Hope they also include those other originals from MX and Alpha 3 as well, or at least Dairaioh.
Apr 13, 2011 1:40 PM

Sep 2009
Well.
Fuck.
Oct 20, 2016 9:32 PM
Dec 2015
necro as fuck but have any of you ever heard progress on the adaptation of OG Gaiden?
Really want to see Excellence and Duminas and her loli squad.

Wait no fuck that, everyone liked OG Gaiden because of Compact 3.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion

garfield15 - Oct 17, 2010

31 by zurgboy00 »»
Aug 4, 2017 10:14 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 9 Discussion

slax - Nov 26, 2010

17 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 8, 2014 12:03 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 8 Discussion

slax - Nov 19, 2010

23 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 8:28 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 7 Discussion

slax - Nov 12, 2010

11 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 7:26 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 6 Discussion

slax - Nov 5, 2010

10 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.