Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 21, 2011 11:45 AM

May 2010
Alright, I realize that you don't have to hate the Anime on the list to join, but people are getting confused that you have to hate them to join, which isn't true. You just have to hate on one of them.

Any ideas or contribution to make club better? I just made it on whim for laugh unti SuperSaiyan made it serious...
ConfuciusMay 28, 2012 10:52 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 22, 2011 6:12 AM
Oct 2010
Confucius said:
Alright, I realize that you don't have to hate the Anime on the list to join, but people are getting confused that you have to hate them to join, which isn't true. You just have to hate on one of them. Why does it sound like this is a hater's club now?

Doesn't matter

Any ideas or contribution to make club better? I just made it on whim for laugh unti SuperSaiyan made it serious...

what are parameters of being elite fanboy of LOGH ?(not those requisite for joining the club )
Mar 22, 2011 11:51 AM
Nov 2010
what are parameters of being elite fanboy of LOGH ?

People who give 10/10 to LOGH, End of Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

9/10 or 10/10 for Mushishi/Seirei no Mirobito/Ghost in the Shell TV series/Cowboy Bebop/stuff made by Miyazaki, Hayao/Neon Genesis Evangelion/Aria the Origination/Gintama/Haruhi Suzumiya/Monster/Baccano

1~7/10 to Code Geass/Death Note/Clannad/Insert popular shit that elite fanboy of LOGH hate :)

You must also have at least 2 LOGH favorite characters.
Mar 22, 2011 3:09 PM

Feb 2010
SuperSaiyen said:

People who give 10/10 to LOGH, End of Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

9/10 or 10/10 for Mushishi/Seirei no Mirobito/Ghost in the Shell TV series/Cowboy Bebop/stuff made by Miyazaki, Hayao/Neon Genesis Evangelion/Aria the Origination/Gintama/Haruhi Suzumiya/Monster/Baccano

1~7/10 to Code Geass/Death Note/Clannad/Insert popular shit that elite fanboy of LOGH hate :)

I demand a 10 for Bebob, nothing less! And to delete NGE from the list (don't know about the movies). Also a 9 or 10 for Moribito? It was a good series and well executed, but not soo special imo. The Rest could come from my list though ^^. Oh, except Haruhi which falls into the same category as Seirei for me. But whatever, I'd say you must fulfil a 75% quota of that list, then I'm okay with it *gg*

Also I high rating for princess Tutu should be included in the list.

Also I have a rule to only include 1 character per series in my top 10 (though I broke it for LOGH xD)
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 22, 2011 4:46 PM
Nov 2010
Dunno about Tutu I never watched it. Bebop 10? sure most LOGH fanboys give it a 10 xD. I've seen a lot of LOGH fanboys 10s or 9s NGE.

Wait now that I think about it what are your 10s?

Mar 22, 2011 5:14 PM

Feb 2010
It's not about what the most LOGh fans HAVE on their list, it's about what a good fan SHOULD have on his list :P

Also give Tutu a try, if you can bear an element of ballet.
Mar 22, 2011 7:13 PM
Nov 2010
It's not about what the most LOGh fans HAVE on their list, it's about what a good fan SHOULD have on his list :P

Good fan = LOGH fan so both statement are valid :p

Also give Tutu a try, if you can bear an element of ballet.

Once I finish Sailor Moon I'll give it a try (Dunno why but I feel like watching mahou shoujo anime right now xDD)
Mar 22, 2011 7:22 PM

May 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I demand a 10 for Bebob, nothing less!

But I have it for 9...

Let's make it 8

Also a 9 or 10 for Moribito? It was a good series and well executed, but not soo special imo.

Lacking to be a 10, a 9 for sure.

Also I have a rule to only include 1 character per series in my top 10 (though I broke it for LOGH xD)

Lol, who is the creator of the club here?
Mar 22, 2011 7:32 PM
Nov 2010
Another Suggestion:

Add Characters too maybe?

Reinhard vs Light+Lelouch ? Everytime one talk about them you must include Reinhard and say how superior he is xD
Mar 22, 2011 7:46 PM

May 2010
SuperSaiyen said:
Another Suggestion:

Add Characters too maybe?

Reinhard vs Light+Lelouch ? Everytime one talk about them you must include Reinhard and say how superior he is xD

Good point!
Mar 22, 2011 11:53 PM
Oct 2010
SuperSaiyen said:

oh i actually satisfy 2 parameters already ! i gave 10/10 to LOGH (only) and i have 2 fav LOGH characters !!!
Mar 22, 2011 11:58 PM

Jun 2009
SuperSaiyen said:

Shit...I"m almost there..
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 23, 2011 1:04 AM

Sep 2008
I gave 9-10 for GitS, moribito, cowboy bebop, kenshin ova, some miyazaki movies, monster..but I dont think DN is less than an 8, havent seen the others, except evangelion which I think is overrated (depends on how you respond to the last 2-3 eps), FMA B, which I didnt like as much as most people, only seen 8 eps of OP and 14 eps of GIntama.
ANyways, I think the criteria is wayy off. Everybody has a different taste.

I think the best criteria is a lower rating to Code Geass, hate the second season, 10/10 for lotgh with at least 1 fav character and Lotgh ont he top of your fav list.
eyerokMar 23, 2011 1:30 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Mar 23, 2011 6:33 AM
Nov 2010
Of course the rating may vary. I just gave a general idea but you are right, the minimum should be LOGH 10/10, CG low rating (maximum 7) and maybe DN too.
Mar 23, 2011 7:50 AM
Oct 2010
i don't think death note dosen't enjoy that much fandom it used to be . i have never seen any death note fanboy/girl fighting / attacking anti death note people
Mar 23, 2011 10:22 AM
Nov 2010
You can't really defend the second part of Death Note. Even the fans admit it was shit. The first part however was amazing.
Mar 23, 2011 11:40 AM

Jun 2009
SuperSaiyen said:
You can't really defend the second part of Death Note. Even the fans admit it was shit. The first part however was amazing.

I really don't think the second part of Death Note was all that bad. I'll admit that Mello and especially Near were very much carbon copies of L, but I still found it interesting with all the backstabbing Light did and how far he fell was interesting. I think Mello and Near could have had been introduced at some point before episode 25, to sort of ease in their existence. Because, as it was, they were very much shoehorned into the plot.

Personally my least favorite part of Death Note was the story arc right before the second half you know the one with the corporation. I forgot what the arc was called.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 23, 2011 12:47 PM
Nov 2010
I actually liked the entire Death Note anime but when I started going to anime forum I noticed a lot of people hating the second part. I do admit that in the last arc I was wondering what's really going on, I still don't understand that Mello sacrifice thing and the fake death note thing but what the heck, the story had to end somehow...
Mar 23, 2011 1:46 PM

May 2010
Guys, please do not use words like "like, love" with any other Anime other than LoGH
Mar 23, 2011 1:56 PM

Jun 2009
Confucius said:
Guys, please do not use words like "like, love" with any other Anime other than LoGH

I love Clannad, One Piece, FMA: Brotherhood, Monster, Death Note, Honey and Clover, and Nana.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 23, 2011 3:10 PM

Feb 2010
I L O V E Cowboy Bebop, One Piece, Brotherhood and Planetes. Sorry, that won't change :P
Mar 23, 2011 6:26 PM

Sep 2008
I heard somewhere that Death notes mangaka was asked by the publishers to keep the story going since it was getting so popular, and the part 2 story was the result of that. Although I'm not sure how true that is, it did seem a bit improvised. Part 2 wasnt bad and I thought both mello and near were really interesting characters but in the end I think it wouldve been better if L had finished the whole thing himself.
The live action movies for DN are shit, but I liked the ending for live action much more than the anime/manga.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Mar 23, 2011 11:57 PM
Oct 2010
SuperSaiyen said:

personally i found part 2 interesting .
eyerok said:
I heard somewhere that Death notes mangaka was asked by the publishers to keep the story going since it was getting so popular, and the part 2 story was the result of that. Although I'm not sure how true that is, it did seem a bit improvised. Part 2 wasnt bad and I thought both mello and near were really interesting characters but in the end I think it wouldve been better if L had finished the whole thing himself.
The live action movies for DN are shit, but I liked the ending for live action much more than the anime/manga.

instead of L's successor thingy they could have dine something more interesting
Mar 24, 2011 9:49 AM

Feb 2010
If there were ANY hints to their existence before part 2, but this way it just seemed like a pathetic try to force BOTH possible endings (Light winning and Light losing), to satisfy everyone...
Mar 24, 2011 9:54 AM
Oct 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
If there were ANY hints to their existence before part 2, but this way it just seemed like a pathetic try to force BOTH possible endings (Light winning and Light losing), to satisfy everyone...

and i loved it
Mar 27, 2011 9:35 AM

Feb 2010
For another parameter I'd suggest having seen everything from the franchise, including movies and Gaiden Series. Otherwise the elite feeling won't be there :P
Mar 27, 2011 1:51 PM
Nov 2010
I've already added that in my Anime Milestone Goals. But I'm too lazy to watch intelligent deep manly with good taste stuff right now
Mar 27, 2011 2:21 PM

Sep 2008
SuperSaiyen said:
I've already added that in my Anime Milestone Goals. But I'm too lazy to watch intelligent deep manly with good taste stuff right now

The prequels arent that heavy really. In fact the prequel gaidens have a relaxing effect, at least on me :P
Mar 27, 2011 2:59 PM

Jun 2009
I put Spiral Labyrinth off because I want something to fall back on when I'm in an anime watching rut. So, I don't think it would be fair to have that as a requirement...then again, who cares about fair? We ARE elitists after all..

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 27, 2011 4:42 PM

Feb 2010
I just finished Spiral Labyrinth today, because I put off watching the last episodes, because it means no more new stuff from LOGH, probably forever :/

But I'm positive for a rewatch of the original series sometime in 2011!
Oct 14, 2011 11:44 PM

May 2010
I am just wondering; would it be a good idea to make a manga list as well? Preferably after the BBCodes are fixed.

I put that idea on hold because LoGH is mainly popular in the Anime only and it may be irrelevant to have an manga list.

Thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
Oct 15, 2011 3:50 AM

Feb 2010
You had any particular mangas on your mind?
Oct 15, 2011 11:47 AM

May 2010
Not a big manga reader, so my compilation will mostly from you guys' opinions.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Dusty's Favorite Anime list, Julian ( 1 2 )

Confucius - May 20, 2011

62 by Confucius »»
Apr 20, 2012 10:37 PM

Poll: » Emile vs lelouch

eyerok - Mar 30, 2011

19 by Confucius »»
Aug 19, 2011 7:08 AM

» Collecting LOGH quotes

Alcoholicide - Apr 29, 2011

20 by HydraA »»
Jun 24, 2011 5:39 AM

Poll: » Fav Op/Ed Combo?

eyerok - Mar 23, 2011

34 by eyerok »»
May 22, 2011 1:34 PM

Poll: » Your favorite female characters from LotGH?

eyerok - Mar 25, 2011

38 by clannad4ever »»
May 16, 2011 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.