Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 3, 2022 5:35 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
@RICEA42991 Oh, glad I got it right then, lol~!>:P>

And yes, that is weird since Little Witch Academia is clearly a magic anime about witches, lol, if it was a mahou shoujo then other witch series like If Witch then Which?, Generation Witches, or Witch Hat Atelier would be considered magical girl series as well and that'd just be weird tbh..:/> Not that I have anything against those series mind you, heck Little Witch Academia holds a special place in my top 10 anime Hall of Fame as the eternal 10th place there~!>:D>
Jul 4, 2022 2:28 PM
May 2008
Klefki_of_Awsome said:
That is weird since Little Witch Academia is clearly a magic anime about witches, lol, if it was a mahou shoujo then other witch series like If Witch then Which?, Generation Witches, or Witch Hat Atelier would be considered magical girl series

Exactly, and the same goes to various supernatural animes as well. Yes there are magical girl anime where the girls are like angels, or goddesses, but that doesn't mean that every single anime out there like Kamisama Kiss or Inari KonKon for example is magical girl. The same goes to idol anime like Pripara as well. Those are not magical girl either.

I think you get the point haha But hey I'm writing this for all members to see so please don't feel like I'm just targeting you.
Jul 4, 2022 6:05 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
@RICEA42991 Right! Aikatsu! and Pripara have the magic genre but they are not magical girl series, just idol series where magic is used, like in example the changing rooms in Aikatsu! which imo is the only real reason why the genre is used there.>:o>
And yeah, no worries I got that, lol~^^>3
Aug 15, 2022 5:07 PM

Apr 2019
Cutey Honey and Full Moon wo Sagashite are obviously not magical girl anime and are listed in this club.
Aug 15, 2022 9:06 PM
May 2008
ProxyLain said:
Cutey Honey and Full Moon wo Sagashite are obviously not magical girl anime and are listed in this club.
Cute picture ProxyLain love him :D

In Cutey Honey's case it was added on here due to it's history ties with magical girl, and helping magical girl become what it is most known for today. So as a form of honor to that it's included in this club. Plus, it does have many of the attributes and fits the club rules as mentioned in the other relations topic.

As for Full Moon. It can be confusing to many because it at first looks like it's an idol series but it's more than that. It's not the magical girl type about girls with powers fighting evil, but it does have a girl with magical mascots, transforming into different appearances, and going on some other adventures in some episodes. It's very different than other idol series like Pretty Rhythm. Plus, Full Moon was officially regarded as magical girl by Japan themselves years ago.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What is your favourite Magical Girl Anime?

soaring_wings - Oct 7, 2008

32 by Dreamingone »»
Mar 29, 10:15 PM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

7 by ooReiko »»
Mar 1, 2:19 PM

» What mahou-shoujo anime are you watching

pinkrupee - Mar 22, 2013

25 by ooReiko »»
Feb 9, 2023 2:31 PM

» Non fighting Magical Girls, had you watched or read any of these kind of series?

SourcererZ - Nov 11, 2014

6 by RICEA42991 »»
Nov 29, 2022 12:17 AM

Sticky: » Club Announcements/Updates/News

RICEA42991 - Sep 20, 2022

0 by RICEA42991 »»
Sep 20, 2022 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.