Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2022 12:33 PM
May 2008
Club Members- This sticky will be used to list all the current/past major club announcements/updates and news that were usually announced through club comments. Club relations will still be announced and be taken care off in the other club topic forum.   This way it will be easier for members look back on, or currently check them all easily in one place. Past Announcements will be eventually listed under the spoiler tag (for this sticky only, outside of this sticky topic- spoiler buttons will mean an actual spoiler unless stated. Members are free to share their thoughts through the club comments minmin

April 2024

Although not exactly a anime, Sailor Moon's huge impact in Japan has been known to have had stage musicals back when the original anime first aired, and returned with the creation of Crystal. Recently last December it was also announced a reunion of the original cast of the live action during a live tv segment broadcast in Japan as apart of the 25th anniversary of the live action and musicals. Only Japan can do this right of course...unlike America (.....I wont dare mention their terrible remakes of anime in movies)

So in the spirit of commenration I figured it'd be nice to highlight this little event that passed along with this potential manga.

The Savior's Book Café Story in Another World

It's not officially classified under any genre or label other then isekai.....however after reading it seems to remind me so much of the older magical girl type in plot. Although I'm not sure if it should be added to relations....I figured it was a cute enough story to mention. It's main female character is tasked with becoming a savior for another world, and is granted magical powers to defend against enemies as well as beasts that threaten the residents of the kingdom. She poses under the secret identity of a book cafe owner where she finds love.

It's more of a slower fantasy sol romance series with not alot of battle scenes, and it's short....only 4 volumes, but it was a cute read regardless.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

March 2024

Ojamajo Doremi Carnival & Honobono Gekijou

After nearly 2 months of silence, it just so happens there was another release of magical girl. Ojamajo Doremi is having a mini OVA release titled 'Carnival' in celebration of the series 25th anniversary. Also it turns out that back in 2021 there was another new OVA for Ojamajo release titled 'Honobono Gekijou' featuring a new character name Ayumi and was a result of a crowfunding campaign. Way to Go fans!

Thanks to club member ooReiko for informing me of the news!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

January 2024

A new year! Lets see what theres in store. In the meantime we have yet another season of Precure.....going to the dogs? Ok??? Well....thats the first magical girl title with a W since Mirumo! Hmm...

December 2023

Its come to pass! The last month and end of 2023....one of the most active years we've seen for magical girl anime since Umimonogatari and Madokas first airing. 4 big remakes/sequels airing/ending and 3 manga sequels publishing. If 2024 continues to announce more series other than Shugo Chara and Lunlun then we may or may not get a repeat of 2023s filled year of magical girl. However either way, its a great time to reminisce about experiencing this magical girl tributed year....even if covid hindered its enjoyability to a degree.

Due to this the debatable topic of certain new series being confused as magical girl.

The past 2-3 years there has been a new 'type' of anime that focuses on villains as main characters, and fighting against magical girl looking characters. The focus is entirely on the villanesses which causes the series to be drastically different from what is magical girl.

It was already confirmed that plain witches in their magical worlds, idol series, male main characters and magical girlfriends are not magical girl....so for this month it was up for consideration the debate that these villain series are not magical girl as well.

Kabushikigaisha Magi-Lumière (not villains but they have mechanical weapons instead of magic??? Doesn't seem relation worthy)
Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita ( male main magicall girlfriend, wont be added)
Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete
Machikado Mazoku
Akuyaku Mahou Shoujo Midoro
Magical Girl Apocalypse. (this most likely a no, more horror)

There may be others.

November 2023

Shugo Chara Manga Sequel!

While in the anime series selection CardCaptor Sakura, and Lunlun are the only definite magical girl announced for 2024 so far (with Precure 25 airing Fall 2023). However in the manga series offers.....not only did we get a Creamy Mami, and a Mermaid Melody sequel, but now also a Shugo Chara sequel as well.

Turns out in 2021 a special one-shot was created for Peach-Pitts 20 anniversary. It most likely got so much attention that now a whole sequel is being created in 2024. Not much information is given but judging by how I cleary remember it being one of the last very popular magical girl series that got created before Madoka....even without a dub....I'll say it there might be even a chance of the sequel getting a anime and we can only hope finally a dub. Who knows?

This was surprising news fitted well for November being only a month away from a very memorable filled year for both magical girl and club announcements. Plus Shugo Chara was this club's very first ID back when it was first created!

Im more shocked that its been 20 years since Peach-Pitt!!! Well Shugo Chara was the only manga of theirs that I knew of and read so thats probably why.

October 2023

Pretty Sammy 14

For Toei's anniversary some more news! Or at least there might be. Back in 2019, a new Pretty Sammy was said to be in the works. However covid19 happened and focus went on Tokyo MewMew new and Sailor Moon Crystal's seasons. Now with only Cardcaptor Sakura season 2 airing....Pretty Sammy may be again considered or......it will join 3 other held magical girl animes. It might be a month for ghosts to many, but I hope Pretty Sammy doesnt share the sad outcome of these honorable mentions.

CubiStar, 6HP and Magical Suite Prism Nana

In the meantime manga titled Alice kara Mahou is now apart of relations. Looks interesting!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

September 2023  

Hua Xianzi : Mofa Xiang Dui Lun

Just as we were feeling bittersweet emotional feelings in August....they answered....well China answered???? It turns out classic magical girl Hana no ko LunLun from the 70s is being given a new remake this year! Not much is said about how different or true to the classic it will be, however it might imply LunLun and Togenishia either not being the main characters or getting completly different appearences and style??? Its also been suggested being switched to a school setting instead of older Europe? 

Lets hope China (because for some reason Japan wasn't up for this series) gives the respect the series deserves. Overall it's still great news to hear that more magical girl anime is getting created that isn't dark. I'm also hoping it gets an easier title.......

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

August 2023

SAILOR MOON AND TOKYO MEW MEW REMAKES HAVE FINISHED AIRING!

RIP  Mia Ikumi.....

Even if Im not a fan of these remakes, and still haven't even bothered watching Crystal past the S season.....I still am feeling a bit bittersweet/melancholy about both of the big magical girl remake series announced since 2012 now having ended. Now with only Cardcaptor Sakura Clear-Card's manga publishing along with it's anime sequel in the works.....it is now the only remaining airing magical girl series :( and still no more news of a dub of Tokyo Mew Mew.

Mermaid Melody along with Creamy Mami's manga being the only others still publishing (although they're not having the best of reputation with their sequels) and I'm not going to bother referring to anything Precure since technically that's always ongoing for years so its not really apart of this update consideration.

Let's just hope this doesn't mean an end to additional traditional type magical girl anime getting created from here on out.  Who knows we may get a new announcement later this year, but there's always a chance that this is it until whenever they decide to bring us something new. I think I'm even more disappointed that not only were these remakes not given the best of treatment but half of this exciting time of new magical girl anime got ruined by covid lockdown quieting down the 'in-person' hype even in Japan. 

I guess these series and their airing years will be an 'experience' in anime magical girl history. A weird one with lots of erros though.

To give a bit more interesting news...... the series Piyo Piyo Angel (creator of Hime no Ribbon!) and Magical Mami somehow after not being added to relations and even to the myanimelist database all these years......now that they're finally on the database, they're also now apart of relations. I like Magical Mami's art!

Piyo Piyo Angel  &  Magical Mami

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

July 2023 -  China beats Korea in creating magical girl Balala Fairies with 7 seasons. It became apart of club relations except the CGI series....(I still like Flowering Heart from Korea better though)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

June 2023

DISCOTEK and Rightstuff has my cheers, thanks, love and money!!!!!! I only remember hearing that DISCOTEK's name briefly several times over the years as a anime fan but other than knowing the offered older lesser known anime in Japanese I didn't think much else about the company. Rightstuff is another company that I used to not bother much with or their releases because sometimes they ruin up the quality of their releases......BUT....thanks to DISCOTEK......Rightstuff is gifting us magical girl fans with some great news. 

They've acquired and now offering blu-ray or dvd releases of previously hard to find magical girl series of Saint Tail, Cardcaptor Sakura movies, Magic Knight Rayearth, Cutey Honey and Shin Cutey Honey. Also thanks to MEDIA BLASTERS; Tweeny Witches and now even Shamanic Princess is available through Rightstuff! Nearly all with English dub versions included. I had been looking for dubs versions for years of some of these, and now they finally answered it. They also announced the following:

Depending on the response of interest shown by our buyers, will determine weither we offer more upcoming magical girl and shoujo titles.

So if you were planning on buying any of these series....head on to rightstuff's series of your interest. I know Saint Tail along with a future possible dub of Tokyo Mew Mew will be in my list of purchases, and maybe Shamanic Princess as well....and maybe also.....oh well..........there goes my savings!

Great timing since I was also just about to announce that Shamanic Princess, an older lesser known small favorite of some is now apart of the club relations. It's odd and I wasn't sure at first if it was supernatural or magical girl, but after watching the series this year.....I concluded along with ooReiko that it is magical girl, just a bit..........odd and confusing????

Update came a few days earlier this month due to having a hectic week ahead...enjoy the early update club members and feel free to share thoughts in club comments!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

May  2023   

MewkleDreamy  & Youkai Navi Luna

Once again, this year is full of surprises. It turns out that throughout the 2020-2022 rough period there was a all-new magical girl anime created after-all. Reminds me alot of JewelPet for some reason though??? I haven't watched it yet, but the similarities are obvious. It's seasons 1 and 2 are now apart of the club along with long time ignored in relations thread (well except for me at least) Youkai Navi Luna....Turns out this manga although odd is after-all a magical girl, and it's written by the same manga creator of Mamotte Lollipop and two other magical girl manga series. I'm shocked I didn't realize this sooner, so I had to share the news!   

Note  Dancing☆Star Precure (if it ever becomes an anime) will not be apart of our relations . This odd new announcement is magical boys???? How did Precure do this is my question???
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

April 2023

Exciting double news worthy for my one of my favorite months/time of the year!!!! Yes Precure 5 is getting a whole new 'adult' sequel where the main character is now an adult! Mahoutsukai for some reason was also chosen for a sequel which is odd considering I personally think Futari Wa Pretty Cure should've been chosen instead, but still this is once again amazing great news for this so far eventful magical girl year. It's title is Kibou no Chikara: OtonPrecure 23 Sounds familiar to the Ojamajo adult sequel movie we had fairly recently. If this would motivate dubbing companies to finally release the English dub of Yes Precure along with Mermaid Melody then that would be even better. (Thanks ooReiko for bringing this up)

Also a 'new' (well it ended in 2021 and was first translated in 2020)  magical girl manga called 'Stellar Witch' or Majou Kaitou LIP has been created, and so far it looks like a series I'll really love to read, but it's such a shame it looks like it's short, and they've only released it digitally in English so far from what I heard. Once I get my hands on it's volume release, I'll look forward to reading it.  Both series are now apart of club relations. Feel free to share excitement in the club comments! 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

March 2023 

Mermaid Melody Aqua     

It was difficult, very difficult.... but I managed to make it throughout most of February without breaking the news......it turns out Mermaid Melody...another popular magical girl series from the past has gotten a sequel manga publishing in 2021.

So far, the few comments that it has gotten from readers on here have not been good.... characters have separated I believe; it focuses on the children of previous series characters instead of the same main cast....and there's some other changes. I still haven't watched or read the original Mermaid Melody by some surprise, so I can't really give an opinion, but either or.... if this manga can bring some new attention to the original Mermaid Melody or cause them to finally release the original anime's English dub they've held out on us all these years, then I'll say it's still a great thing that once again this year more attention is being given to classic magical girl series!

Let's hope more good comes from this! In the meantime, feel free to discuss any of the recent announcements or original series mentioned through club comments. In the meantime, I just might finally start watching this series soon, now that I realized that it did get a dub in my other native language....(sorry English speaking fans...somehow it got dubbed across other European languages but not English)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

February 2023      

Creamy Mami's new manga and Cardcaptor Sakura ClearCard were featured in the 'Read this manga' voting poll myanimelist ran for the month. Unfortunately, neither won, but the results overall were very...........odd.........so it's not to be taken seriously against magical girl. On the upside Cardcaptor Sakura is getting another sequel which is better than winning any poll! 

On other news....according to one of our helpful members....HiDive ran a poll and Tokyo Mew Mew won as which anime series people wanted dubbed. Let's hope that means a dub for both original and new remake. If it does then I know which boxset I'll be buying next.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 2022

Long overdue, but other then a new Precure season being announced titled Sky Precure....after more than ten years (wow time flies) it turned out that all this time there was not only an Akatzukin ChaCha sequel manga series that began on 2011 and ended on July 26 2019, but also vintage Himitsu no Akko-chan had a remake manga released on 2016 and ending recently the very year of 2022. Little is still known on here about their plots other then Chacha taking place in modern Tokyo instead of a fantasy world, but I'm surprised it taking even longer for myanimelist to add Akko-chan(https://myanimelist.net/manga/113569/Himitsu_no_Akko-chan_%CE%BCl) ...maybe that's why this announcement seems long overdue.

Titles are Akatzuki Chacha N and Himitsu no Akko-chan μ (Odd symbol???)  Looks like there was another new release back then other then Madoka's release after-all.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

September 2022- Tokyo Mew Mew New Season 2 announced to be created April 2023. Club sticky first created...it only took over an hour to do haha

August 2022- 8/21/22 -  Sailor Moon's 30th Anniversary celebration with Eternal Movie announcement

July 2022- 7/6/22 - Tokyo Mew Mew New Episode 1 premeried.

May 2022- 5/19/22-

April 2022 4/29/22- Sailor Moon Cosmos movie announced to hit theaters Summer 2023.

March 2022 4/19/22- Manga artist Mia Ikumi passed away sadly before seeing her new series air along with her loved ones other then the second PV. Let's hope they dedicate a episode to her memory. :( May she RIP. I'm glad I got to watch another one of her works prior to her passing and appreciate it.

August 2020 8/11/20- Club relations topic guidelines adjusted after discussing in comments on June 4 2019 and September 2014 about defining the differences between idol series. As always any future suggestions of possible relations or thoughts of what doesn't belong, continue to do so in those topics.

April 2020 4/22/20-

April 2017 4/3/17 & March 2017 3/8/17- CardCaptor ClearCard announced, got PV and OVA released looking nearly identical with animation!

February 2017 2/23/17-Creamy Mami celebrates 30th anniversary! 2-3 year celebration in Japan!

December 2016 12/26/16 - Lots of news for magical girl this month compared to 2013-2014. 2 new Precures seasons,  Flowering Heart Korean series debuted (thanks castellano), Sailor Moon Crystal S season released and Cardcaptor Sakura ClearCard manga got created. 500 club member marker....big step up from 2008 200 members!

April 2016 4/26/16- Clamp announced new manga (thanks Otakumu)....eventually revealed to be ClearCard!

February 2016 2/25/16-Mahoutsukai Precure premiered in Japan. Also alerted by myanimelist staff that it seems there's no relation club limit???? Hmm let's see if that's true.

December 2015 12/15/15- Princess Precure was aired.

October  2015 10/29/15 &  11/8/15- Nurse Witch Komugi new season was announced along with JewelPet.

April 2015 4/10/15- Sailor Moon Crystal S season announced.

November 2014 11/14/15- Multiple seasons of Sailor Moon Crystal confirmed (thanks Sorcerz) finished airing season 1 Janaury 9th 2015.

May 2014 5/8/2014- 400 member mark!

December 2010 12/2/10- Madoka anime announced, and a Precure movie

March 2009 4/15/09- (Man these were the good days on here) Umimonogatari got announced as the first magical girl new series in years!

January 2009- 1/12/09- Mamotte Lollipop English boxset released following month.

Dec 2008- Club gained admins to revamped the club. June 6 2008....admins joined myanimelist. The beginning of this club's journey!

RICEA42991Apr 9, 8:06 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What is your favourite Magical Girl Anime?

soaring_wings - Oct 7, 2008

32 by Dreamingone »»
Mar 29, 10:15 PM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

7 by ooReiko »»
Mar 1, 2:19 PM

» What mahou-shoujo anime are you watching

pinkrupee - Mar 22, 2013

25 by ooReiko »»
Feb 9, 2023 2:31 PM

» Non fighting Magical Girls, had you watched or read any of these kind of series?

SourcererZ - Nov 11, 2014

6 by RICEA42991 »»
Nov 29, 2022 12:17 AM

» Which Magical girl series doesn't fit in the genre ( 1 2 )

RICEA42991 - Mar 19, 2011

54 by RICEA42991 »»
Aug 15, 2022 9:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.