Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2011 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
The writers are fucked up in the head. Not much more to add. And what is it about people rating this because it shocks and provides some sort of mixed emotion? You wouldn't rate stoning or beheading video's - they do the same.

What a god damn awful anime if ever. How I wish I never watched it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 5, 2011 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
After watching it I feel the need to watch something innocent
Feb 9, 2011 3:54 PM

Aug 2010
Yeah dude I understand how do you feel. It happened to me like 2 years ago after I watched this anime: WTF?! What am I watching this show trough the end after episode 4. I felt bad, sick and upset almost a week. This anime is just too realistic. It's so facking painful
Feb 9, 2011 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
I found the characters detestable and the story--idonteven...
even 4kids would've made it better. hur hur..
I mean, if everyone wasn't so messed up with their desires, I wouldn't hate it so much.
If you're looking for something innocent, Kimi ni Todoke or Otomen!! Goodness, those characters are just fabulous. It makes me feel like a dirty gaijin [jk jk].

Yes, it was rather realistic and good in a psychological perspective I guess IMO, but every character was messed up. That's when I feel bugged. If everyone being messed up is reality, then sorry I;m too ignorant to see it.
I know I should keep the game and show separate, but my dislike is for the series, not just the anime.
removed-userFeb 12, 2011 5:23 AM
Feb 10, 2011 3:22 AM

Aug 2009
School Days haters.
They're Everywhere.
I guess you guys have a fragile mind, weak stomache and a soft heart.

Too bad you guys can't contrast the manga in this situation as well as playing the game itself.
Feb 10, 2011 3:36 AM

Mar 2009
The characters were easily despicable, but I liked the anime from the psychological perspective. I didn't find it disturbing though.
Feb 11, 2011 12:16 PM

Dec 2009
It made me think "WTF AM I WATCHING" and I LIKE it.
Feb 11, 2011 1:22 PM
Feb 2011
I can't say I enjoyed watching it, since the characters are so contemptible. However, I do not regret watching it. Sure I couldn't stop thinking about it after watching it, mainly because I hated the characters so much, but I think that's one of the redeeming features of this anime. It's quite refreshing to see an anime like this amidst all the harem animes.

I think I'm going to go read the manga later.
Feb 11, 2011 1:35 PM

Aug 2010
It wans't that bad. :/

Bar the last episode this anime is far more realistic than most other harem anime.
Feb 11, 2011 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
haters gonna hate
Feb 11, 2011 2:05 PM
Feb 2011
KeiranShikari said:
It wans't that bad. :/

Bar the last episode this anime is far more realistic than most other harem anime.

I agree. Objectively, this is a great anime with well developed characters and is very realistic. However, many anime watchers (maybe just me?) are looking for an escape from their reality. Makes me kinda sad to see how despicable people can realistically be.
Feb 12, 2011 2:51 AM
Dec 2010
This anime was one of my most contradicting. I hated all but 3 of the characters. kotonoha, kokoro, and that one rapist person. tai-somthing.... all of them did not deserve anything bad, and do not deserve to be stoned to death by an angry mob. unlike everyone else. and sestsuna...... wow.... i hated her the most after makoto.... she was not constant in her resolve..... it bugged the hell out of me.....
Feb 12, 2011 5:19 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, it was rather realistic and good in a psychological perspective I guess IMO, but every character was messed up. That's when I feel bugged. If everyone being messed up is reality, then sorry I;m too ignorant to see it.
I know I should keep the game and show separate, but my dislike is for the series, not just the anime.
Feb 14, 2011 1:51 AM

Jan 2009
I loved this anime. The characters were believable! Real life is no less sadistic.
Mar 29, 2011 9:27 PM
Jan 2011
This Anime was really good in a sense that it could make me hate fictional characters with a passion. The only thing that could have saved this anime besides what actually happened is Katsura killing Sekai,Setsuna,Hikari,Otome, and her 3 friends.
Mar 29, 2011 10:07 PM
Aug 2009
This show is stupid. And no, I'm not a hater.
In my opinion, having a "Omg ending" doesn't make it good at all =/.
May 3, 2011 3:37 PM

Aug 2009
jpem said:
haters gonna hate

Meister_Wolf said:
I loved this anime. The characters were believable! Real life is no less sadistic.

What the FUCK are you guys talking about!? This is so disgusting and irritating that I was just about to stab the screen when Sekai actually did it. This no way real life. Don't tell me I'm being too emotional over an anime but I can't help but hate this. This characters, this setup, this music... Ah, actually it feels wrong to call them characters. Although some of them are, were, thinking innocent but most of them are worser than the BITCHES you see in the street.

Everything just blown to pieces when that whore did it... ah, who was it? hMM, it seems I can't remember who it is... since there is a bunch of them! :@@

Why don't you people REWATCH it or sth? HA?
Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rodreth
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rodreth/profile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rodreth/
Night is the darkest just before the dawn.

May 3, 2011 8:49 PM

Feb 2011
To be perfectly honest, I'm jealous of you if you think people being driven insane by love and relationships gone wrong is unrealistic. It is my sincere hope that you are never disillusioned. You may, however, consider checking the statistics before you dismiss homicide as unrealistic.

Is murder wrong? Absolutely.

Is it detestable? Yes.

Despicable? Sure.

Sickening? I'll give ya that.

Unrealistic? You wish. (I do, too.)

Sorry, folks, but people are fucked up and that's just how it is. :(
Where Dendrobium

thrives, do not look for Daisies;

you won’t find them there.
May 5, 2011 2:48 AM

Jan 2011
KaiStar said:
School Days haters.
They're Everywhere.
I guess you guys have a fragile mind, weak stomache and a soft heart.

Too bad you guys can't contrast the manga in this situation as well as playing the game itself.

Actually I have read the manga, it isn't really better or worst but rather different. As for the game I plan on playing School Days HQ once it's been fully translated. By the way I'd like to make it clear that I do like this series, it's just a little boring though.
May 5, 2011 8:15 PM
Oct 2010
I don't see how some people can say that this anime has realistic characters or label it realistic in general. Sure the 'theme' of the anime and it's premise is realistic. Yes, people are capable and do this sort of thing, the ending included. But the characters or story realistic? Hardly. The main character basically has sex with every single girl he meets in the series, yet what is the basis for his success? Is he really good looking? Is he rich? Is he a suave or charming character? Perhaps he's a sports star? The answer is invariably no. Though maybe the explanation is that all the girls are sluts? Not really true either since even sluts cling to reason when searching for a mate. And the girls, for whatever reason, are only sleeping with him.
May 6, 2011 6:39 PM

Apr 2010
I prefer this over moeshit
May 7, 2011 11:26 PM
Feb 2010
I did not watch this show. I read a synopsis, skimmed through a couple videos and etc. I found it pretty sickening. There's no way people like that exist. It just blows my mind.

I can watch Dexter rip people to shred with ease, but this anime pierces through my heart as a piece of fiction I sincerely hope doesn't exist.
May 9, 2011 10:41 AM

Aug 2009
We are rating the "anime" you know. I don't care about its manga. It can be better, but this doesn't change the fact that this show is shit.
Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rodreth
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rodreth/profile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rodreth/
Night is the darkest just before the dawn.

May 9, 2011 6:20 PM

Feb 2009
Solkiskey said:
amen.

be aware of spoilers and fowl language below....

on another note, im on episode 6 and i think its going to go stabby.

(edit) episode 7 now i think im gonna puke

(edit)episode 8, i wanna kill not only makoto, but all the characters as well

(edit) still on 8, i was screaming : YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON YOURSELF ASSHOLE ! or SOMONE STAB SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY, JUST KEEP Katsura ALIVE!!!!!

(edit) finished episode 8, im all like, WTF IS THIS!!!!! ITS LIKE A FUCKIN LOVE QUADRILATERAL OR SQUARE OR WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANNA CALL IT!!!

(edit) episode 9, very well kill katsura too or maybe not.....and FUCK THIS SHOW!!!! THIS SHOW HAS MORE PEOPLE LIKING EACH OTHER THAN I CAN MAKE WITH A JEWISH STAR!!!!!

(edit) episode 10, its funny or should i say, FUCKED UP THAT HE HAS SLEPT WITH ALMOST EVERY GIRL BESIDES HIS GIRLFRIEND!!!!! YOSH!!! LETS GET STABBY!!!!!

(edit) episode 11, HAHAHA THE JEWISH STAR JUST BECAME A TRIANGLE WIT LIKE, 13 different lines!!!! i think i want to kill makoto more than any of the girls in this show combined

(edit) episode 12, hmmmm how should i say this..... EVERYONE GOT PWND!!!!!! hahaha.... nah but really this anime taught me 3 things. theres right way of doin things and theres the wrong way. another is cherish what you have, be considerate and dont become greedy. last and bot least is.... don't fuck around with woman unless you want to be shanked in the stomach more times than being attacked by a really horny guy in prison that you just pissed off. the only good thing i can draw from this anime is realism, this shit happens everyday at your school/workplace and theres nothing we can do about it. i guess it went over the top at the end and i like katsura the best, and i would like to have a girlfriend like her,(until she went psycho of course =D)

P.S : i think katsura needs to see a therapist,ok all the characters, OK maybe i think i need to see a therapist ,hell, i think anyone involving this anime in any way should see a therapist!
AirborneKerbalsMay 9, 2011 8:35 PM
May 10, 2011 3:24 PM

Feb 2009
TSheena said:
I can't really see how this is realistic, Makoto is a normal guy nothing special and suddenly the whole class wants to do him? Trust me I've seen and met a lot of disturbed girls but this..just really isn't realistic.

The whole, I stab you because I don't love you I really get, the I cut of your head because I'm kinda psycho I can also get. I found it cute how he how Makoto started out rather innocent but I already got tired, bored and annoyed with him when he started demanding touching her boobs and "practising " on another girl.

Seriously I found this a waste of my time and I've never had to drag myself through an anime so much. The only thing I really enjoyed was Makoto being killed, it served him damn right.

yeah, but in japan, no offense to any Japanese, take things a little "differently" than us people from other elasticities. and yeah makoto is a fail, i thought he was a little immature middle schooler until i found out he was in college or something. makoto wanted more, and died.
Jul 7, 2011 8:43 AM

Oct 2009
I didn't really hate the whole anime, I liked the beginning and how the story continued, I just can't quite figure out why it took such a messed up turning..
Jul 10, 2011 6:42 AM

Oct 2010
As some people stated above, I can't believe how this can be classified as realistic. It didn't drive me to reality, in the slightest. It deals with love, infidelity, jealousy, obsession, yeah, all of them are real terms, but the characters are merely transitional, they don't have a basic set of behaviour I can find understandable, they simply are there to embody this fucked up "reality" and I don't even get to know them after all.

From my point of view, School Days has elements and situations we could define as "realistic" if analyzed the parts separated from the whole, but the way they are blended together makes the show look like a collage that builds its own world and becomes a psycho oversimplified fantasy unrelated to any kind of recognizable reality.

And I don't know about other ones, but I wasn't impressed by the show either. Well, a little at the ending, but nothing my stomach couldn't bear.
Jul 10, 2011 6:46 AM

Aug 2009
The boat ride was worth it.

Jul 14, 2011 5:21 PM

Sep 2010
From my point of view, School Days has elements and situations we could define as "realistic" if analyzed the parts separated from the whole, but the way they are blended together makes the show look like a collage that builds its own world and becomes a psycho oversimplified fantasy unrelated to any kind of recognizable reality.

Sort of like a worst case scenario Greek tragedy.

lol at people interpreting "realistic" as "real" or "reality".

Jul 14, 2011 9:14 PM

Jan 2011
This anime's flow was totally off, it started off which seemed to be a generic ecchi romance or some shit.

Then it turned darkish, but also very strange, all the initial character behaviours etc just seemed to have gone off. I heard of people changing, but this was like, watching a different anime altogether.

Then it just turned fucking crazy. Forget realistic, forget trainwreck, this was on the level of cooking a meal for yourself and your partner, sitting down, to watch an episode of Pokemon, only to see Pikachu raping Ash Ketchup, then releasing its pokemon fluids into Brock - followed by bulbasaur tentacle screwing Misty. That was the level of "fucked up", the anime was to me.
Jul 14, 2011 9:19 PM

Jun 2009
Personally I enjoyed it. I don't understand why everyone dislikes it so much. All romances don't need to end happy, have people that ignore that others like them, or cute moe characters.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 14, 2011 9:30 PM
May 2011
lol school days relistic, thts a good one

this did make me sick too, it mad emy stomouch sick from thelarge amounts of laughter i got from the ending

if there was a list of top 10 worst anime up there, school days would at the very least be top 5
Jul 15, 2011 3:09 AM

Oct 2010
Anime_Name said:

Sort of like a worst case scenario Greek tragedy.

lol at people interpreting "realistic" as "real" or "reality".

Lol at you misreading the posts, and not giving any reason for your lovely conclusions. People here are saying School Days is realistic because it has people getting obsessed in love relationships, jealousy and so many of these elements that are not that uneasy to find in the real life. In that sense, yes, School Days is realistic. Just to make a difference, before going on with the post: realistic = reminds to reality, relatable = you understand what happens (were you referring to this?). But the blend of all these situations is what turns this show into a fucked up fantasy, just because the chance for all of these things happening all of a sudden is zero or near zero (probably, if the action was set in a psychiatric centre...). And the way everything is underdeveloped (look, now I'm in love with you, I had been loving you for all my life -repeat that six or seven times for different characters around Makoto) kills any relatability of the plot (which in the end is my main issue with this anime). So here you go, I find a nice experiment on it, I enjoy it more or less for what it is, but don't sell me that as an amazing piece of realistic school life anime because it isn't, and of course I'm not going to love a story when I can't get into it.
jal90Jul 15, 2011 3:16 AM
Jul 16, 2011 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
this is one of the best anime ever
Jul 17, 2011 2:33 PM
Jun 2011
I liked it, one of the things that was really great about it was the set up. But there was one piece, I will always for the rest of my life regret watching, was ep. 9. I mean just thinking about it makes me wanna puke and kick the hell out of something. every bad thing that happens gets traced back to one person tho. sekai, she got makoto addicted to sex, he doesn't deserve to die. that caused him to neglect kotonoha and to her losing her mind because of the fragile state she was in, she doesn't deserve to die. because of his addiction to sex he can't stay with one girl, so when sekai try's to be the one' he gets frantic and looks for a way out. sorry but this could all happen in real life (I've studied in my personal time psychology) and I plan on posting a blog about how it could be real soon so if anyone wants (is interested in) when I'm done I can PM a link to them. (i'm gonna post a link to my blog in my account perhaps)
Jul 17, 2011 8:37 PM
May 2011
Solkiskey said:
what exactly is this moe anyway, from what ive seen all it is is how you draw the female charecters aka making them look cute, how is that affect a show, thats like saying you hate shounen, its a useless tag, it doesnt actually have any effect on the show, i mean higurashi adn madoka make the charecter slook cute and i see it defined as moe,
ItsSoPringlesJul 17, 2011 8:42 PM
Jul 17, 2011 9:03 PM

Sep 2010
Just to make a difference, before going on with the post: realistic = reminds to reality, relatable = you understand what happens (were you referring to this?).

Meh. I only meant to point out people citing that poor, ugly,boring Makoto gets laid and/or the end as proof the anime is "unrealistic."

People here are saying School Days is realistic because it has people getting obsessed in love relationships, jealousy and so many of these elements that are not that uneasy to find in the real life. In that sense, yes, School Days is realistic.

There isn't any other sense that matters for the people posting like that. Calling it a fucked up fantasy doesn't change others' perception and appreciation of School Days' presentation. I really don't give two shits about how you want to rip into it 'cause at this point if School Days still is being so heavily talked about it did something more than xyz-bland anime that is sitting on MAL with a dead board.

Keep it up. All you are doing is feeding the show/VN's infamy/notoriety.

Jul 17, 2011 9:24 PM

May 2011
Eh, I had to get used to it. I'll 1/2 agree with you because I saw this a while ago, back when the worst thing I had ever seen before it was Elfen Lied. Because this had more realistic characters and settings, it was almost a bit traumatizing. I felt a little bit sick at the end and wanted to know why I finished it.

However, if I had read it Now, then I would have disliked. It's nothing too special, and compared to other things I've seen or plan to see, it's nothing bad. The ending doesn't even creep me out any more, the sex isn't explicit, and the gore is PG, in my opinion.

But I do love it from a psychological stand-point. It was written well enough, and the ending was a little epic.

Don't worry; once you start seeing the Really graphic stuff, you'll get used to it in no time.
Jul 18, 2011 12:43 PM

Oct 2010
Anime_Name said:
People here are saying School Days is realistic because it has people getting obsessed in love relationships, jealousy and so many of these elements that are not that uneasy to find in the real life. In that sense, yes, School Days is realistic.

There isn't any other sense that matters for the people posting like that. Calling it a fucked up fantasy doesn't change others' perception and appreciation of School Days' presentation. I really don't give two shits about how you want to rip into it 'cause at this point if School Days still is being so heavily talked about it did something more than xyz-bland anime that is sitting on MAL with a dead board.

Keep it up. All you are doing is feeding the show/VN's infamy/notoriety.

Oh, thanks for opening my eyes. There are people who don't share my impressions, what a good and useful thing to know.

I wonder if I will make an actual discussion with you someday, Anime_Name, or if you will be always treating me as if I didn't know what is an opinion and what is a forum. Stop this shit now, please. I am more aware of the dynamics of internet boards and discussions than what you may think, I know what I say about School Days has been repeated hundreds of times and probably won't convince the fans but it's my opinion and I want to express it, and if it drives to some nice debate, even better.
Jul 19, 2011 1:17 PM

Sep 2010
I wonder if I will make an actual discussion with you someday, Anime_Name

It won't be about School Days or lofty personal concepts like relatablilty.

Jul 19, 2011 1:26 PM

Oct 2010
Anime_Name said:

Much better and useful than criticizing the use of the term "overrated" or trying to give me lessons in tolerance, sir.

Bah, whatever, do what you want.
jal90Jul 19, 2011 1:31 PM
Jul 19, 2011 1:40 PM

Feb 2011
blah blah blah .....

all the fuss makes me want to watch it!
or skip to the end.

school days sounds just like the kinda garbage i try to avoid but it might check it out.
FOR THE RECORD: I DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS!
Jul 19, 2011 4:22 PM

Jul 2011
Im a huge higurashi fan alot of people who watched that series recommended school days so im like ok ill watch it its only 12 episodes, but jesus christ so much drama i was happily waiting for someone to get killed off around episode 6 but it doesnt happen the kid just bangs everyone and everyone becomes crazy in the end, no happy ending at all.

If i had to i would rate it 7/10 it wasnt terrible im just not sorta into all this drama.
aceofwar20Jul 19, 2011 4:32 PM
Jul 20, 2011 11:20 PM

Sep 2010
school days sounds just like the kinda garbage i try to avoid but it might check it out.

Not sure what kinda garbage you try to avoid but School Days isn't a generic romance anime and only have few romance anime that do something similar. Rumbling Hearts and White Album immediately comes to mind of anime that implement similar themes there might be more but that is the general idea. It is a solid middle grade anime with nothing too good, too bad, or overly exceptional about it other than the reactions it receives.

I have never done otherwise.

Aug 14, 2011 10:44 PM

May 2011
I have one simple rule to any harem: the male lead must be acceptable in my eyes. In this case, I couldn't accept any characters. I dropped it predicting what crap would happen and after seeing the responses of others I was right. Call me ignorant or a hater but this just wasn't my cup of tea. I've seen some game cg of it and it had NTR, one of my biggest annoyances.
Aug 14, 2011 10:50 PM

Aug 2011
every time you call school days realistic a baby dies of cancer.....true fact
Aug 14, 2011 11:12 PM

Aug 2011
Well, It was based from an Eroge Game. If you know Japanese, you should try out the game. It has like 20 different endings or something and some of them are worse (bloody and mad) than the Anime ending. Just go to youtube and you will find out but be prepare tho :).

These kind of of anime are very rare since you can only find from games in Japan. For someone to adapt this game must be very thoughtful since such strong massages are sent to the viewers. I am glad that I had seen it.
Aug 14, 2011 11:20 PM
Aug 2009
This show is like watching someone taking a dump. some people are into that, others would get sick
Aug 15, 2011 6:56 AM

May 2011
I'll give this anime credit where it's due, however. It does a great job at making drama. I hate drama so I guess this was a bad idea to watch in the first place. I'll refrain from rating since I'll just count it as if this never happened.
Aug 15, 2011 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
jal90 said:
Anime_Name said:

Much better and useful than criticizing the use of the term "overrated" or trying to give me lessons in tolerance, sir.

Learn your place, vile knave!

The White Knight of MAL is relentless in his pursuit of justice, he has no time for leisurely discussion! Only for laying down the laws you must abide by and ensuring that all the people of this fair land live by them!

Ride on White Knight, ride on!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1286 by Archean-Return »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

204 by Archean-Return »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

177 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.