Forum Settings
Forums

Can anyone recommend me an anime with cute/moe characters but are violent?

New
Jan 28, 2011 9:53 AM

Jun 2010
I've been trying to find an anime with cute characters or the typical "moe" looking type but fights violently or atleast in a badass manner. Closest animes for what I'm looking for are Shakugan no Shana, Black Lagoon (not exactly cute but Revy's awesome), Kara no Kyoukai (same as black lagoon), Gunslinger girl (wished there was more action), Elfen Lied (well not that close but same case with black lagoon)...

I looked at the recommendations and checked them out but it seems to not fit for what I'm looking for. Hope you guys can help... and oh, here's the link to my list
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Presmerga did I do it right? XD
Jan 28, 2011 10:06 AM
Jan 28, 2011 10:38 AM
Jul 2018

As good as it gets really.

Also:
Denpateki na Kanojo (gore/serial killings)
Ga-Rei Zero (fantasy gun/sword action)
Jan 28, 2011 10:40 AM

Mar 2009
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and perhaps Heartcatch Precure, if mahou shoujo cliches played straight won't make you vomit.

Gunbuster not really, but its sequel Diebuster has Nono, the hyperactive and very pink and girly heroine, who is also seriously cool. She's more mature in appearance than most cutesy girl characters, but her personality is dead on.

Skip Beat's Mogami Kyoko is neither moe nor violent, but she pulls off a slick balance between sugary sweetness and formidable opponent. She's also the only one who comes close to what you want from the show.
Ghost in the Shell's TV spinoff 'Stand Alone Complex' has the Major as a true badass heroine, for more closer to KnK and Revy than Shana. Canaan and Book of Bantorra have female fighters cutesier than Kusanagi Motoko, but still not moemoe.
Jan 28, 2011 10:56 AM

Nov 2008

If you are into manga, hardcore violence (IE: guts spilling out left, right and center) and borderline hentai (body fluids, but no genitals), check out Tokyo Akazukin too.

I have heard that Gunslinger Girl is pretty good too, but I haven't watched it yet.
Rosa_FOEtidaJan 28, 2011 11:02 AM
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jan 28, 2011 12:08 PM

Jun 2009
I second Higurashi, Akazukin and Gunslinger Girl

Naru Taru- Much more so with the manga.
Alien Nine
Shikabane Hime
Blood+
Jigoku Shoujo- not much fighting.
Mai-HiME
Noir
Vampire Princess Miyu
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Battle Angel Alita- I don't care what you think: Alita is moe.
Franken Fran- Again, Fran = moe. Not much fighting, but there is disgusting amounts of gore.
Deadman Wonderland- Yandere?
Princess Resurrection- Duel-wielding chainsaws = fucking epic.
Variante- poor, poor monster-girl.
Saikano- Not much fighting and what fighting there is is extremely one-sided a massacre genocide.
Tsukihime- Manga, the tv series is a waste of your time.
Mirai Nikki- Yandere.
Jan 28, 2011 12:23 PM

Apr 2009
Seconding Madoka Magica and Higurashi.
Jan 28, 2011 7:40 PM

Aug 2009
Higurashi
battle angel alita
gunslinger girl
thats all i can think of at this time.
Jan 28, 2011 9:27 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome recommendations guys! Definitely going to check them out!
I'm gonna start reading tokyo akazukin and her yandere friends. I saw Higurashi but remember stopping around episode 5, can't remember why though, might pick it back up again. Shadow star seems very intriguing and I hear it has a very messed up ending (which is a plus I guess) :D

Again, thanks for the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming since college has been pretty lax lately. XD

edit - Tokyo Akazukin's awesome, a bit on the disturbing side but awesome! LOL! I wonder what else is in store for the other stuff you guys suggested...
PresmergaJan 28, 2011 9:31 PM
Jan 29, 2011 12:20 AM

Sep 2010
That's the very essence of Higurashi!!

Seconding it
Jan 29, 2011 7:11 AM

Jan 2011
It sounds like School Days would be right up your street, although personally I think it's a dreadful anime with horrible, moronic plot and a terrible cast that are impossible to empathise or sympathise with, or even like.

However, it does fit in with your criteria.

You could also watch Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokoru-chan, which is a comedy series that fits the criteria; I haven't seen it so I don't know what it is like. Some people like it, some people hate it... You'll probably like it though, since you are looking for cute but violent girls.
Jan 29, 2011 9:39 AM

Jun 2010
DaiconOracle said:
It sounds like School Days would be right up your street, although personally I think it's a dreadful anime with horrible, moronic plot and a terrible cast that are impossible to empathise or sympathise with, or even like.

However, it does fit in with your criteria.

You could also watch Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokoru-chan, which is a comedy series that fits the criteria; I haven't seen it so I don't know what it is like. Some people like it, some people hate it... You'll probably like it though, since you are looking for cute but violent girls.

Yeah, I heard about school days and I think only the last episode is the violent one.
I've seen Dokoru-chan and I loved it! Both season 1 & 2.
Jan 30, 2011 8:26 AM

Jun 2010
Rozen Maiden
Jan 30, 2011 3:00 PM

Nov 2010
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
School Days
Jan 30, 2011 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
Mushi to Medama to Teddy Bear- the moeblob on the left likes to gouge peoples' eyes out with her large collection of sporks and spoons.
Feb 22, 2016 7:00 PM
Oct 2015
I recommend gun x clover. That had so many great scenes of a badass boy who pretends to be nice but is hardcore.

More topics from this board

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - May 3

11 by LoveYourEyes »»
43 minutes ago

» looking for animanga/wa/ua like gantz, battle royale, god's will, jagaaaaaan and sweet home

FruitPunchBaka - 8 hours ago

10 by Toha »»
3 hours ago

» Manga Recomendations

MrShroomzyy - 6 hours ago

2 by ST63LTH »»
4 hours ago

» I need recs for a calm school life romance manga

yellowmonkey - Yesterday

2 by nishant0 »»
11 hours ago

» Looking for a non-harem Isekai anime

Michael_Mika - Mar 14

18 by Michael_Mika »»
Yesterday, 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.