Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2011 6:18 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
ok...well i don't know much about Magic, but this seems ok. the lead female seems somewhat ok but not much really to know what is going on.
Jan 10, 2011 8:03 PM
Mar 2009
Seems good so far.

I think they took that chapter form the novel Wizards of the Coast put out for that character, but imo they made her a bit too goofy. I always thought Chandra had more of a rebellious piss-me-off-and-I'll-burn-your-face-off attitude. A cool character, but not really the most interesting Planeswalker Wizards created.
Jan 11, 2011 4:49 AM

May 2010
sl4wt3r said:
Seems good so far.

I think they took that chapter form the novel Wizards of the Coast put out for that character, but imo they made her a bit too goofy. I always thought Chandra had more of a rebellious piss-me-off-and-I'll-burn-your-face-off attitude. A cool character, but not really the most interesting Planeswalker Wizards created.

I agree with that. However, amongst the recent ones, she is the only one really fitted for a shonen-manga. White plainswalkers have too much of the emo attitude going with them, blue and black wouldn't make good shonen characters . . . That leaves us, with, err, multi-colored planeswalkers, most of them who are insane, or Garruk / Nissane.

Anyway, this looks like it could become good once it really gets started. I really like the fact that White is depicted as the bad guy. I don't doubt we will soon have a Black BBEG on the arms, but considering the main character is Red, Black is supposedly one of her "friendly" colours. That would be quite original if the bad guys consisted entirely of White and Blue.
Jan 11, 2011 7:47 AM
Mar 2009
Tchako said:
That leaves us, with, err, multi-colored planeswalkers, most of them who are insane, or Garruk / Nissane.

It would be pretty cool to see a manga/comic/anime where the main character was certifiably insane and have it still work (i.e. no Gainex train wreck

Enemies with a Blue or White persuasion always tend to be my favourite in any series, they've always tended to have more depth than "destroy the world for the lulz of it", but a White or Blue Big Bad has been done in manga and it's becoming a lot more common. Aizen in Bleach would be a great mainstream example of hard-line Blue/White.

As for Black protagonists, I can really only think of Hei in Darker Than Black, but he's more Black/White.
Jun 15, 2019 3:00 PM
Jun 2019
ok im confused when i look up the creator i find the guy who made suikoden is that the same person or different person all together
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.