Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 19, 2010 7:18 PM

Jun 2008
so, somewhat broad request, i guess, forgive me. being the serpent lover that i am i can't help but wonder though.

any titles out there where snakes are featured?
Nov 20, 2010 2:04 PM

Jun 2009
Seine's demon AiON in Hekikai no AiON is kind of like a snake. It looks more like a limbless dragon, though.
Nov 20, 2010 2:12 PM

Feb 2009
Medusa Gorgon is a witch from Soul Eater whose magic attacks are in the form of snakes...and she can turn into one.

The anime had a pretty bad ending but other than that it was pretty good. Buttt I'm going to recommend the manga since it is overall better in my opinion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2010 2:17 PM

Feb 2009
Lol Himiko I was just about to rec that.

There's Echidna of Queen's blade who has oversexualized snake-based powers.

And if you don't mind more squick-inducing stuff, there's Orochimaru from Naruto...
Nov 20, 2010 3:44 PM

Jun 2008
SoneAnna said:
And if you don't mind more squick-inducing stuff, there's Orochimaru from Naruto...

haha, I loved Oro, the freaky bastard. Coincidentally I dropped the series around the time he started leaving the picture.

Definitely going to check out everything mentioned, thanks! I'm honestly a little surprised there's not more out there. Snakes can symbolize so...much.

Uhm, I saw that in Kuroshitsuji there's another character that goes so far as to share certain traits in appearance. Was thinking of trying that out. I like me some demons. Anyone know if he appears very often?
305Nov 20, 2010 4:00 PM
Nov 20, 2010 4:01 PM

Aug 2008
well i cant really think of many but there is the Nadeko Snake portion of Bakemonogatari that involves snakes as the name suggests. another that comes to mind is Canaan but it doesnt involve actual snakes in anyway but the main criminal organization in the anime is called Snake. i know thats kind of pushing it but they r both amazing animes so ill recommend them anyway
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Nov 20, 2010 4:16 PM

Nov 2010
In Bakemonotagari, theres a small portion about a snake demon, but thats only a small bit so I'm not sure if you'll like it, altho it is a very good overall anime. Other than that, the Naruto manga/anime has somewhat acceptable amount of snakes in it :)
Nov 21, 2010 11:01 AM

Jun 2008
Ohhhhh? I had already been interested in Bakemonotagari, now all the more. Thank you~
Nov 22, 2010 2:04 AM

Sep 2010
Uhm, in FullMetal Alchemist, there was Envy and his other form, the serpent like thing. Sorry, only thing I could think of
Nov 23, 2010 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
305 said:
Uhm, I saw that in Kuroshitsuji there's another character that goes so far as to share certain traits in appearance. Was thinking of trying that out. I like me some demons. Anyone know if he appears very often?

He's not in the anime if that's what you're asking about. I'm about 90% sure he's only in the manga for one arc too. It's a pretty long one, though.

And there's a snake youkai who plays a bit of a role in Amatsuki too.

There's also Ayame from Fruits Basket, but just going by your list, I kinda doubt that's what you're looking for.
Nov 23, 2010 6:51 PM

Feb 2010
In Hoshi no Samidare, one of the beast knights (and one of the chosen few to be "upgraded") is a snake.
Ku ku ku~
Nov 24, 2010 3:04 AM

Jun 2008
memeki said:
He's not in the anime if that's what you're asking about. I'm about 90% sure he's only in the manga for one arc too. It's a pretty long one, though.

Thank you thank you for getting back to me on that. I had a feeling that'd be the case...Boo~ I'll probably give it a read anyway for his design alone. hurr
Nov 24, 2010 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
305 said:
memeki said:

Thank you thank you for getting back to me on that. I had a feeling that'd be the case...Boo~ I'll probably give it a read anyway for his design alone. hurr

Never mind what I just said about his page-time; seems like he's back with the latest chapter (kind of odd, but I guess it wasn't as big of a stretch as what happened in Kuroshitsuji II). Anyway sorry about that (guess it's better for you, though ^^).

Oh, and do basilisks and lamia count? There was one in Pet Shop of Horrors for an episode.

I also found these two tvtropes pages with a few more examples.

More topics from this board

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

10 by Skuletor »»
29 minutes ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

2 by isseixkoneko »»
44 minutes ago

» Movies

BitChilly - Yesterday

10 by TheSunLife »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 9 hours ago

4 by Chisuku »»
3 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

6 by mo_lave »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.