Forum Settings
Forums

I honestly can't find any more anime that interest me.

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 9, 2010 8:13 PM

Nov 2008
K_N said:
DetectiveDrake said:
Well, what kind of Anime do you feel like watching? Drake is sure he can help =)
I'd like something along the lines of Mushi-shi. Not necessarily episodic, but a-tonally supernatural/mystery without forced drama and shonen crap.

Let's see what I can do... Oh! How about Twilight of the Dark Master? Now, while it is over ten years old, the art style holds up very well, so you don't have to worry about it looking like shit. Also, it's a single-episode OVA, so you don't have to burden yourself by wallowing through a bunch of episodes.

But if you just wanna watch a series, then you should try out Casshern Sins. I noticed that you enjoyed Ergo Proxy (so did I) so I'm sure you'd really like it. They're similar in both tone and setting - dark and atmospheric - and, while it's an action-drama hybrid, the action doesn't overbear the story to the point which you'd lose interest in it.
PizzaholicNov 9, 2010 8:32 PM
Nov 9, 2010 8:26 PM

Jun 2007
gomu_ninguen said:
K_N said:
DetectiveDrake said:
Well, what kind of Anime do you feel like watching? Drake is sure he can help =)
I'd like something along the lines of Mushi-shi. Not necessarily episodic, but a-tonally supernatural/mystery without forced drama and shonen crap.

supernatural, huh. Mononoke, Ghost Hound (a bit boring though) and Paranoia Agent. Can't think of anything else...
Seen em.

"if the show is good i couldn't care less if hitler directed it and the production values was a banana." - Salsk
Nov 9, 2010 8:26 PM

Jun 2007
DetectiveDrake said:
K_N said:
DetectiveDrake said:

Let's see what I can do... Oh! How about Twilight of the Dark Master? Now, while it is over ten years old, the art style holds up very well, so you don't have to worry about it looking like shit. Also, it's a single-episode OVA, so you don't have to burden yourself by wallowing through a bunch of episodes.

But if you just wanna watch a series, then you should try out Casshern Sins. I noticed that you enjoyed Ergo Proxy (so did I) so I'm sure you'd really like it.
Can't stand horror genre. Doesnt do anything for me.

Dropped Casshern Sins ages ago.

"if the show is good i couldn't care less if hitler directed it and the production values was a banana." - Salsk
Nov 9, 2010 8:29 PM
Nov 2008
You need to watch the fuck out of The Virgin Mary is Watching You. Do it, faggot. You can't be called a real man if you haven't. Watch the fuck out of Planetes and Nodame Cantabile too.

Yes, I just recommended you two shoujo anime. Wanna fight about it?
Nov 9, 2010 8:30 PM
Dec 2008
Why is this thread still going. I just gave you a dick load of anime to watch, hop to it morgan.
Nov 9, 2010 8:34 PM

May 2008
Mystery and supernatural anime without shounen and horror... thats's hard dude... try Mokke, Mouryo no Hako. Try xxxHOLiC too... if you don't have a problem with noodle people. Other than the ones i already said i ain't got shit.

Join my club: The Walking Dead
Nov 9, 2010 8:36 PM

Nov 2008
K_N said:
Can't stand horror genre. Doesnt do anything for me.

Dropped Casshern Sins ages ago.

Poo...

What about Bokurano and/or Kino's Journey?
Nov 9, 2010 8:39 PM

Oct 2009
He clearly wants to stick with those superior western TV shows, can't you see it already?
Nov 9, 2010 8:40 PM
Nov 2008
The Ping-Pong Club.

You can't resist. Watch the dub, it's superior. Japan wouldn't know gags in this anime if it bombed them in WWII.
Nov 9, 2010 8:41 PM

May 2008
Onibokusu said:
The Ping-Pong Club.

You can't resist.
this

and

Ore-no-Username said:
He clearly wants to stick with those superior western TV shows, can't you see it already?

i'm done lol, i'll go watch my Bleach fillers and cut my wrists now

Nov 9, 2010 8:42 PM

Nov 2008
Ore-no-Username said:

Not listening!!!
Nov 9, 2010 8:47 PM

Oct 2009
DetectiveDrake said:
Ore-no-Username said:

Not listening!!!
You won't hear it even if you listened, it's something you have to read and understand.

Nov 9, 2010 8:47 PM

Oct 2010
Moogocobo said:
But anime sucks.

Even shit like True Blood and Glee is of a higher caliber than most anime.

Ore-no-Username said:

You guys just don't get it, do you.
Nov 9, 2010 8:51 PM
Nov 2008
But Glee is just K-ON with some guys added to it.
Nov 9, 2010 8:59 PM

Jun 2007
gomu_ninguen said:
Mystery and supernatural anime without shounen and horror... thats's hard dude... try Mokke, Mouryo no Hako. Try xxxHOLiC too... if you don't have a problem with noodle people. Other than the ones i already said i ain't got shit.
I just started xxxHOLiC actually. I love CLAMP.

Nov 9, 2010 9:05 PM

May 2008
K_N said:
gomu_ninguen said:
I just started xxxHOLiC actually. I love CLAMP.

really? if you like CLAMP then watch Tsubasa Chronicles and X TV.

Nov 9, 2010 9:17 PM
Dec 2008
Onibokusu said:

Glee has an intricate story, and good music. Only thing glee and k-on have in common is the gay and unfunny factors.
Nov 9, 2010 9:20 PM

Nov 2008
cyanidehappiness said:
Onibokusu said:

Glee has an intricate story, and good music. Only thing glee and k-on have in common is the gay and unfunny factors.

Everything is gay to you, twerp ^_-
Nov 9, 2010 9:24 PM
Dec 2008
you're gay drake.
Nov 9, 2010 9:30 PM
Nov 2007
Beatnik said:
AndrewMc2 said:
Breaking Bad is supposed to be pretty good.

If by pretty good you mean UNMISSABLE.

*thumbs up*
Nov 9, 2010 9:30 PM

Oct 2010
Since you're still watching anime, 338+ episodes of Keroro Gunso and 5 movies. Get going.

cyanidehappiness said:
We can't be friends anymore.
Nov 9, 2010 9:36 PM
Dec 2008
Moogocobo said:
Since you're still watching anime, 338+ episodes of Keroro Gunso and 5 movies. Get going.

cyanidehappiness said:
We can't be friends anymore.

:__:
Nov 9, 2010 9:57 PM

Nov 2008
cyanidehappiness said:
you're gay drake.

After I blew dat back out... so are you ^_-
Nov 10, 2010 4:11 PM

Jun 2007
Moogocobo said:
Keroro Gunso
Your recommendations will now be ignored.

Nov 10, 2010 4:58 PM

Oct 2010
K_N said:
Moogocobo said:
Keroro Gunso
Because you have bad taste????
Nov 10, 2010 5:31 PM

Jun 2007
Moogocobo said:
K_N said:
Moogocobo said:
Keroro Gunso
Because you have bad taste????
>still watching a 300+ episode show and recommending it

>implying I am the one with bad taste.

Nov 10, 2010 6:16 PM

Aug 2009
cyanidehappiness said:

Shit. Especially mind game. The only reason any body would like that shit is because they were either high, or they were like oh man this is so different and kool. Becuase different is so kool!!
Just read the code geass r3 manga.
Or watch Ghost Stories, dubbed of course.

MIND GAME IS 2 DEEP 4 U

i'm guessing you didn't appreciate the balloon tit-dick slapping paint scene. or even the gun up the ass scene? the god scene is fucking insane.

HOW DID YOU NOT ENJOY ANY PARTS OF MIND GAME, BLASPHEMER
Nov 10, 2010 6:33 PM
Dec 2008
It has no plot, that's all. And it has no ending either. No climax and all build up. Mind game.
Nov 10, 2010 6:34 PM

Oct 2010
K_N said:

Don't feel bad bro. We can't all have good taste. Some of us need to like Spice and Wolf.

octopuss said:

MIND GAME IS 2 DEEP 4 U

i'm guessing you didn't appreciate the balloon tit-dick slapping paint scene. or even the gun up the ass scene? the god scene is fucking insane.

HOW DID YOU NOT ENJOY ANY PARTS OF MIND GAME, BLASPHEMER

Goddamnit. Watching. ;_;
Nov 10, 2010 6:37 PM

May 2008
cyanidehappiness said:
It has no plot, that's all. And it has no ending either. No climax and all build up. Mind game.

Nov 10, 2010 6:39 PM
Dec 2008
How is that even an ending? it's just stupid. How about an ending that makes sense, or has something to do with the movie?
Nov 10, 2010 8:35 PM

May 2008
It's an ending to pump up the watchers, it really doesn't need sense since it's a comic anime.I if it was drama, mystery or romance then it would need an ending that made sense but it's just something to make one laugh so they put up a silly ending... and i think it worked because i lmao'ed.

Nov 10, 2010 9:00 PM
Dec 2008
I literally never laughed once.
Nov 10, 2010 9:13 PM

Jan 2010
Watch first 3 seasons of The Office
Oily yaoi in an octagon - UFC
Watch old shows like Human Weapon
Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern
Dexter
House
Earlier seasons of Scrubs

And other shit like docos. LOL
Nov 10, 2010 9:14 PM

Aug 2009
actually, the movie is filled with a shitload of symbolism and metaphors. the ending is pretty much the most plain and obvious one.

if you never laughed once you are a dry humor spitfuck

mind game is my cock and balls i never had, re-watched it countless times and i still love jerking it
Nov 10, 2010 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
I liked Mind Game and I dont smoke weed
I also like K-on so I obviously didnt like it to be cool.
Nov 10, 2010 9:19 PM

May 2008
octopuss said:
the ending is pretty much the most plain and obvious one.

yeah, i know but it's rather silly.

The meaning of the ending is never to give up happens what happens and whatever blocks your way just overcome it and keep giving your best, right?

Nov 10, 2010 9:24 PM
Dec 2008
octopuss said:
actually, the movie is filled with a shitload of symbolism and metaphors. the ending is pretty much the most plain and obvious one.

mind game is my cock and balls i never had, re-watched it countless times and i still love jerking it

I don't find people getting a gun in their ass funny. I like things that are actually funny
Nov 10, 2010 9:33 PM

Sep 2009
cyanidehappiness said:
octopuss said:

I don't find people getting a gun in their ass funny. I like things that are actually funny

But you never seem like you laugh at anything. Or a guy who cracks a smile ever.
Nov 10, 2010 9:57 PM
Dec 2008
i laughed at ghost stories dubbed.
Nov 10, 2010 9:57 PM

Jun 2007
Moogocobo said:
K_N said:

Don't feel bad bro. We can't all have good taste. Some of us need to like Spice and Wolf.
Dohohohoho

>implying your shitty 300 episode frog cartoon is better than Spice and Wolf

Nov 10, 2010 10:26 PM

Nov 2008
I still think you'd like Shigurui, K_N.
Nov 11, 2010 8:22 AM
Dec 2008
octopuss said:
ghost stories - dropped

O WAT NOW

ANIME TASTE BATTLE CONTINUES

first 3 episodes suck. episode 9 is the best though. Racism <3
Nov 11, 2010 9:42 AM

Feb 2005
I'm sorry K_N, but the problem isn't lack of interesting series, so either you're hit by the Apathy Syndrome, or you just have Bad Taste.
But fear not, a daily does of Taste supplement pills and a LoGH indoctrination should fix it right up.
Nov 11, 2010 10:16 AM
Dec 2008
Baman said:
I'm sorry K_N, but the problem isn't lack of interesting series, so either you're hit by the Apathy Syndrome, or you just have Bad Taste.
But fear not, a daily does of Taste supplement pills and a LoGH indoctrination should fix it right up.

yeah your taste won't matter after you kill yourself from watching the Canadian History book of anime.
Nov 11, 2010 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
cyanidehappiness said:
octopuss said:
ghost stories - dropped

O WAT NOW

She probably watched it subbed to.
I have the show sitting in my on hold folder.
Cant wait, Chris Patton is awesome.
Nov 11, 2010 10:45 AM
Dec 2008
LoveyDoveyiCab said:
cyanidehappiness said:
octopuss said:
ghost stories - dropped

O WAT NOW

She probably watched it subbed to.
I have the show sitting in my on hold folder.
Cant wait, Chris Patton is awesome.

high five
Nov 11, 2010 11:02 AM

Feb 2005
cyanidehappiness said:
yeah your taste won't matter after you kill yourself from watching the Canadian History book of anime.
Wait, Canada has history? Never heard of that before.
Nov 11, 2010 11:06 AM

Jun 2008
K_N said:
I've decided to take up Western TV.

Fringe and Dexter are on the list.

Watch House too.
Nov 11, 2010 11:09 AM
Jan 2010
not one person in this thread is not trolling, not one!
CANCER!
LOL!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is the most striking feature of the #1 favorite character of the user above?

Shizuna - Aug 11, 2022

5 by Shizuna »»
2 minutes ago

» What MAL user does the anime character remind you of?

effy_ - 45 minutes ago

4 by effy_ »»
2 minutes ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7893 by UncreatedSong »»
3 minutes ago

» Name a song starting with the first letter of the username above!

SnipeStrike - Apr 6

39 by SnipeStrike »»
4 minutes ago

» Pick Your Favorite Character from the Favorite Character List of the Person Above You v10 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 10, 2023

1281 by SDan »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.