Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2010 12:57 PM

Sep 2010
Only two of my friends know, and the only reason is my friends once mentioned he was getting back into anime and manga, and he was rereading Full Metal Alchemist, so I mentioned I was rewatching Zatch Bell.
Now, count up your sins!
Oct 23, 2010 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
Straw-Hat-Matt said:
But what if it is ballet and you're a guy then xD? Would you tell that to your friends if you knew they were gonna bully you with the fact?

You make a good point.

But it is a little bit different. Although there are tons of people who think anime is for "nerdy people who do homework and study all day and don't have a life".
Yeah, someone actually told me that before. Almost everyone agreed.
Oct 23, 2010 6:29 PM
Sep 2009
Yeah most of my friends know I watch the generic anime (ala Bleach, Naruto, FMA etc.) but they don't know that it's a real hobby of mine.
Oct 23, 2010 6:41 PM

Sep 2010
Well about 6 years ago 1 freind of mine was into dragonball z so i talked to him about that but since then not one other person knows i watch anime and even that 1 freind doesnt know i still watch it. I would never tell people unless they talked about it first.
Oct 23, 2010 7:03 PM

Oct 2010
HECK.
YAH.
..Haha, some of them watch anime or read manga too.
{ Everybody's going for dream! }

Hitori janai..

{ Y o u r D R E A M ! }
Oct 24, 2010 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
tbh, if your friends are going to bully you just because you like anime they probably aren't really your friends
Oct 24, 2010 2:23 AM

Mar 2009
My friends know I watch anime. I wear anime T-shirt and pins. Just bought a Shana windbreaker so I wear that also. At work I added some anime characters to some forms I created. I don't go overboard about anime so I don't get a lot of ridicule. The people who know me respect the fact that anime is my hobby.
Oct 24, 2010 2:33 AM

Oct 2010
Most of them do I guess, my parents know Anime as well and my father watches sometimes. Anime like Pokemon, crayon shin-chan & Doraemon are some of the most popular ones around here. Most of us grew up watching those.
Oct 24, 2010 12:53 PM

Oct 2009
They kinda found out in a weird way..
* i tried sneaking off to anime club after school...

Im not really hiding it anymore like i used to.
Im proud enough to go into the school library w/ friends & picking up manga
Even if their calling me weird in the process =0
NO.
Oct 24, 2010 6:49 PM

Sep 2010
Why should I hide my obssesion :D

All my friends know it... , why not ?! :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2010 12:06 AM

Sep 2009
All of my friends know that I watch anime and none of them like anime but sometimes they download some series for me :P and my parents ... they have doubts but I think that they know.
Oct 25, 2010 1:21 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah most of my friends/family know I watch since some of them watch as well.
Oct 25, 2010 5:56 AM

Mar 2010
Yes, my friends and my family knows and some watch it and I am trying to convert more people :P
Oct 25, 2010 6:37 AM

Mar 2010
most if online friends are counted and quite a few i say but even those became my friends because we shared a love for anime not the other way around =/,it's rare 2 find anime fans in india
NINGEN..
Oct 25, 2010 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
My close friends know I watch it, and they watch a bit here and there. None of my other friends know I do.
Oct 25, 2010 1:16 PM

May 2010
Yes and some of them watch too
Oct 25, 2010 8:54 PM

Aug 2010
My friends don't seem into stuff like that, so I never bother to bring it up.
But me and my brother watch some anime together by having long night marathons :)
Oct 25, 2010 11:13 PM

Jul 2010
Only a select few. Not something I talk about in public too much. Anime is pretty much my secret pleasure. Only person who really understand how much I enjoy it is my girlfriend because I tell her everything.
Oct 26, 2010 7:58 AM

Jan 2010
Yea they do. Those who are closer that is.
I don`t go around telling everyone I watch anime.
But then again, I don`t watch anime often. They know I read manga instead since they always see me buying.
Oct 31, 2010 9:14 AM
Aug 2009
The friends I grew up with know and are responsible for me watching in the first place, but nowadays, I hang with a lot of females...so you know how that rocks. My girlfriend knows I watch anime, but doesn't really know that much about it. I probably could get her to watch with me, but I don't really see the need.
Oct 31, 2010 3:41 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah most of my friends and parents know that I love anime and everything related to it. :)
Oct 31, 2010 3:43 PM

Apr 2010
MomoDestro said:
Yeah most of my friends and parents know that I love anime and everything related to it. :)

>most of my parents

O _ O
Oct 31, 2010 3:53 PM

Oct 2008
Only very few of them, if it were to come up in conversation with the other friends then I wouldn't deny it. I don't go out of my way to tell people.
Oct 31, 2010 3:59 PM

Apr 2008
Most of my friends watch anime as well so they all know.

As for my family, my mom and grandparents know but we never talk about it. The rest of my family thinks it's strange so I never mention it in front of them.

Oct 31, 2010 7:44 PM

Oct 2008
Parents: Yes.

Brother: Intoduced me.

Friends: Yes.

I swear, it's like my friends were attracted to each other through anime XD My first year of high school, I made friends with three anime fans in my Legal class and two of them went to a convention with me haha.
Oct 31, 2010 7:58 PM

Jun 2009
Do Your Friends Know You Watch Anime?

Yes. Yes they do, OP.
Oct 31, 2010 8:05 PM

Aug 2010
Some do, but unless some of them have it as a secret hobby i'm the only one.

I introduced my mum...she's working her way through Monster atm xD
Oct 31, 2010 8:37 PM

Jun 2009
Well most of them didn't until we had a barracks inspection and they saw my anime figurines... Now pretty much everyone I know, knows about my addiction including my Sgt major and my lieutenant colonel. Note that the Sgt major though they were hot while the officer that they were inappropriate...
Not Found (aka 404)

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, or must not exist ...

... but you're always welcome to search for it.
Oct 31, 2010 10:38 PM

Jan 2009
Friends: Only 3 of them know, and they are all-out crazy white otakus (no offense intended) with closets and storage rooms filled with figurines, manga, DVDs, and such...I refuse to turn into that much of a fanatic. I haven't associated with any of them for quite some time now, but that's because they are lost in their own worlds.... Too much is too much. Sometimes they just scare me...

Family: Everyone knows. We're asian. It is a fact of life (though, sitting in front of the computer or tv for over an hour whilst watching anime is a taboo), but after you turn 13, then most of my family (meaning siblings, cousins, and such) just dropped off and everything is presently about school, grades, and sports. For me, it was the opposite, I got into it AFTER I turned 13. ^.^''
Nov 1, 2010 2:17 AM

Mar 2010
They definately do. Most of my friends watch it themselves.
Nov 1, 2010 2:27 AM
Sep 2007
All my friends know, we watch together once in a while. it's all good \o/
Nov 1, 2010 3:45 AM

May 2009
not all my friends. the most of the ones that don't watch anime don't know anything bout it. XD
cuzz I hate to explain what it is XD
Nov 1, 2010 1:10 PM
Oct 2010
Everyone who I'm close with knows.
Nov 1, 2010 10:09 PM

Jun 2010
None, or family really, I dont consider them friends, just people i hang out with and if they knew, well it would just make things difficult.

I enjoy keeping it secret though, its not like id rather share it with someone, its just an enjoyed personal hobby of mine.
Nov 2, 2010 12:27 AM

Jun 2010
most of my friends know and my family they just don't care
Nov 2, 2010 7:36 AM

May 2009
Pretty much everyone knows of my hobbies. People at work just know about the manga - also, I don't think the understand the depth of my viewing.

My wife is still a hard-sell on anime. She's liked a few including Chobits, Kannagi, and Kimi ni Todoke. Though, I still get the "what are watching" look if it's slightly ecchi or has fan service.
wiredpanda.png
Nov 2, 2010 11:53 AM

Oct 2010
Yes they do, as they also watch it themselves. We also recommend each other different animes.
Nov 2, 2010 4:21 PM

Dec 2009
Haha, i guess i'm the only person from my class that read manga or watch anime XD
Even my teacher knows, he always catch me reading something when he's not talking or teaching something. ~
& my parents know too, especially because they are the ones who give me money to buy. And my dad like comics and stuff, so he likes to see me reading these kind of things.
Nov 2, 2010 4:44 PM
Jun 2010
My mom saw me watching anime and asked why I was watching cartoons. So I punched her in the throat. She wont make that mistake again.

:sarcasm:
Nov 2, 2010 4:52 PM

Mar 2008
Everyone who knows me knows I love anime. But I'm not the type of person to blurt out Japanese phrases that I know and pretend I'm fluent lol (I've met someone like that)

I generally make friends with every "group". I've gotten made fun of once or twice but I've spoken to them and basically pointed out that they were idiots and suddenly they wanted to be buddies.

I'm not afraid of being made fun of and I'm very proud of the things I love. Friends are friends, they don't all have to enjoy anime, I do love other things.
Nov 2, 2010 9:08 PM

Feb 2010
My parents know, they don't really care. The only time they do is when I tell them I want to buy expensive tiny figure a and even more expensive slightly bigger figure b
Nov 2, 2010 9:46 PM

Oct 2009
Only the friends who watch it themselves. I categorize my friends based on what hobby I enjoy with them. (Anime friends, gaming friends, sports friends, academic/study group friends) I wouldn't want to bother my friend who's in the same sports team with random Touhou memes or whether or not he's seen the latest episode of Ore no Imouto or something, lol. It's not that I'm ashamed of it or anything, it's just that I've never had a reason to talk about it with my non-anime friends.

My parents know as well, and they could care less. A hobby is a hobby.
Nov 3, 2010 12:29 AM

Jan 2009
Xer0117 said:
Only the friends who watch it themselves. I categorize my friends based on what hobby I enjoy with them. (Anime friends, gaming friends, sports friends, academic/study group friends) I wouldn't want to bother my friend who's in the same sports team with random Touhou memes or whether or not he's seen the latest episode of Ore no Imouto or something, lol. It's not that I'm ashamed of it or anything, it's just that I've never had a reason to talk about it with my non-anime friends.

My parents know as well, and they could care less. A hobby is a hobby.

couldn't have said it better myself :)
Nov 3, 2010 2:33 AM

Jan 2010
My parents do...and they blame me for turning my my brother and sister for being otaku...XD

My friends do too...before there was just me and someone who asked me to cosplay and now, we have a group legalized by the office of student affairs at school...yay~ XD
Nov 3, 2010 2:40 AM

Oct 2010
My parents and some friends know, but I never talk about it because I'm not that big of a fan. Besides, none of my friends watch anime so I won't bother them with it.
Nov 4, 2010 1:15 PM
Oct 2010
Yes :) Everyone knows about it XD I like talking about it ^^ because many people whom i know watch it so there is always something to talk about ^^
Nov 4, 2010 2:10 PM

Oct 2010
Of course they know! A lot of them watch anime so there's no problem... also my parents know it U.U
Nov 4, 2010 6:19 PM

Jun 2010
Nope my friends don't. It's my secret but my parents do and they always make fun of me too. Since my dad knows nothing about anime he calls it the only thing he somewhat knows. Yu-gi-oh. Like i'll be in my room watching anime and he'll suddenly say, "HEY COME HERE!! STOP WATCHING YU-GI-OH!!!" So i'll just pick up a manga and go into his room and start reading, then he gets mad asking me why i'm reading Yu-Gi-oh. Whenever i try to explain it to him he says big deal they all have big heads right? ~~He doesnt understand xD!!~~
Nov 5, 2010 4:42 AM

May 2009
some of them know. i get various responses; cool, waste of time, what is anime, u r not a kid anymore etc;
Nov 5, 2010 8:06 AM

Mar 2009
They all know and a lot of them likes anime too. I'm married and my husband watch it every now and then ;)

My mom likes Hentai xDDD. Makes her laught. LOL xD
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

58 by bucciest »»
4 seconds ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

55 by Scyfher »»
7 minutes ago

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

15 by bucciest »»
14 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - Today

47 by Pinoffin »»
15 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Today

6 by IpreferEcchi »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.