No Trolling

So What do you think of the Dub?
Do You Like it?
Do You Hate it?
It's Okay?
Could of been Better?
Some Character's Voices Suck?

Anyways. What do you think?

BTW: Spice and Wolf II Dub will probably be coming soon around 2011 or so.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 9, 2010 9:11 PM

Dec 2009
Well. I heard Holo's/Horo's voice on Sub. And it's pretty Cute ^^
Well I heard her Cute Voice Side I Guess

But on the her Dub Voice. I think it fits better her personality
as the Wise Wolf. Get what I Mean?

But I was always a Big Fan of English Dub.

I wonder why they changed Horo to Holo tho? I forgot xD
But it doesn't really bother me since I watched Spice and Wolf when they it was put to the name Holo
Oct 11, 2010 11:06 AM
Jul 2010
No, No and one more time big NO, english dubs most of the time sucks sooo hard, and I didn't seen even once good american or other not japanese voice actor who would suit good his/her role in dubbing...Horo is cute and voice actress who is dubbing her is the best.
Oct 17, 2010 6:11 PM

Dec 2009
Oh, Tabarnak.. Well atleast this didn't sound, Mean
Idk I like Dub & Sub
Its just that when theres Dub, I check it out right away
Anyways. I really dont have anything to support my Dub & Sub Licking
I havent compared them enough & never really tried
but thats because I just Love em Both. So I dont care xD

i Just watch & dont really pay attention.. No--
Nvm I really dont know what I'm saying

All I know is I Love Dub & Sub Equally. & Never had any Negativity
in any of them. Well idk, God Damn it >.<

I dont like arguing about Dub vs Sub
Because, idk ... no just stop it >.<'''

Sorry, I'm just really confuzed & dont know what to say or do

Well. Just, stay in Peace Please x3
Oct 17, 2010 6:12 PM

Dec 2009
but.. wrap it all up?
What are you saying?
You dont like Dub. but you approve of Horo's voice in English & Japanese?
Oct 19, 2010 2:44 AM
Jul 2010
waalex11 said:
but.. wrap it all up?
What are you saying?
You dont like Dub. but you approve of Horo's voice in English & Japanese?

I mean voice actress who voiced horo in japanese is fine as it is, why the hell I should listen to fat american voice which doesn't suit horo at all, straight to the point : I won't watch any anime with english dubs.
Oct 19, 2010 7:56 PM

Dec 2009
Oh Okay. Now that makes more Sense! Thank You x3
I'm only approving this since its not Trolling ^^
If you know what I mean
Jan 12, 2011 7:06 PM

Dec 2009
Me Too!~ >.<
Mar 6, 2011 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
I tried watching episode 1 dubbed but only got till the scene where Lawrence meets Holo before raging.

Everyone sounds super-american, pronounce Holo as Ho-low which creeps me out, and Holo creeps over into a fake british accent at times and uses a stiff, formal speech pattern that does not suit her personality at all.
In Japanese her speech pattern is based on Oiran accent, but it's always feels natural and casual, using formal words in an informal conversation.

Instead of saying: "I don't know what you're talking about. But I don't care anyway."
She'd say: "I'm unsure of what you are referring to. However, it does not concern me either way."
But never like she's the dutchess of westminster, or just stepped out of a time machine from the 1500s.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Mar 24, 2011 12:36 PM
May 2010
They changed it to Holo because that's her name. That's what the licensor and original writer said so I'm going with that. She also signs it on the marriage contract in the second series.

I personally really liked the dub, the voice acting was excellent and the dub suited the environment better. I watched both sub and dub and both were great, it still remains my favourite anime to date.
Mar 24, 2011 12:44 PM

Jan 2011
Valdearg said:
They changed it to Holo because that's her name. That's what the licensor and original writer said so I'm going with that. She also signs it on the marriage contract in the second series.

I personally really liked the dub, the voice acting was excellent and the dub suited the environment better. I watched both sub and dub and both were great, it still remains my favourite anime to date.

It's supposed to be Holo, yes. But, it's supposed to be pronounced like Holo in Hologram, or Holographic, not Ho like santa's Ho ho ho, and Lo like low.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Mar 24, 2011 3:11 PM
May 2010
Ah, you're complaining about the American accent kind of thing?
Jul 21, 2011 4:30 PM
Mar 2010
I have nothing against the dubs, but i prefer the subtitles. I can match the feeling/emotion of the speech with the words i'm reading, and it feels more dramatic.

When i heard the English voice acting, i didn't get that same feeling.
Aug 3, 2011 9:46 AM

Aug 2009
In this anime I would have to agree, the japanese voice actors are far preferred over the english actors. I can't say this for every anime though. I believe in the voice for Vash the Stampede in Trigun, the english dubbed voice outdid the Japanese voice actor and fit the character more. The other characters also held their own. Also in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I believe Kyon's english voice actor was waaay better and fit the role exactly. He seems much more impartial and overall it's far funnier. Just my opinion though. So even though in almost all cases I would prefer the subbed version, there are a few that have very good dubbed versions.
Aug 14, 2011 11:17 AM

Dec 2009
I like your opinion 'Shadesblade'.
I could say this for sure. From watching Spice and Wolf II OVA in English Sub & the in English Dub.
I understand now why most people like Spice and Wolf better in english sub, since I realized how much cuter Horo is w/ her original voice.
but I still love the english dub.
Sep 11, 2011 9:06 PM

Apr 2010
Honestly i hate it just because of the fact that most dubs are crap, but this one was not the wort, plus when America has to dub it, theres a new law type thing with it that makes them have to get rid of parts demeade inappropriate, thus the creation of dragon ball z:kai, you'll defiantly no what i mean if you look at the first 5 min of Elfin Lied in Japanese and compare it to English dub!
Oct 19, 2011 10:57 AM

Sep 2011
I don't have any problem with sub, but I prefer my series dub, especially if it doesn't take place in Japan. Since Spice and Wolf takes place in medieval Europe, hearing them speak in Japanese doesn't make sense to me. Also, I can't stand the Japanese voice of Holo/Horo. IMHO, I think it doesn't fit her character at all.
fido73Oct 20, 2011 12:35 PM
Nov 29, 2011 5:58 AM

Jun 2009
I normally watch serise dub unless thy suck but i wasn't a fan of holo's voice in the dub. i own the blu-rays and so to and try and get my sister to watch it i watched the dub with her and the voice you can get used to it around half way threw the 2nd season but it still don't feel right.

fido73 said:
I don't have any problem with sub, but I prefer my series dub, especially if it doesn't take place in Japan. Since Spice and Wolf takes place in medieval Europe, hearing them speak in Japanese doesn't make sense to me. Also, I can't stand the Japanese voice of Holo/Horo. IMHO, I think it doesn't fit her character at all.

thats why i had high hopese for the dub esspicaly since ti was a funitmaion dub, cause i think when the chacers are not Japanese an English voice with acents sounds better like in baccano it takes place in in the States with Americana in the 30's but back to point. OK no yea i do belive if there used voice actors from europ it would of been better.
Jun 30, 2012 3:39 PM

May 2010
I personally don't have any problems with the dub for Spice and Wolf. I rather like it. I think that the actors were good, and the voices suited their characters. I think Brina Palencia's Holo covers all of the character's emotions quite well, and suits her. Same for J. Michael Tatum as Lawrence.
Jul 24, 2012 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
I really like the dub of this anime. It's one of the ONLY good dubs out of all anime, and I watched alot of anime with dubs. Brina did a great performance of Holo, since it captures her personality well.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Jul 30, 2012 7:47 PM

May 2011
Nope.

Can`t live without my love of Koshimizu Ami`s Holo :).

Also, Lawrence Kraft isn`t Lawrence Kraft for me if he`s not Fukuyama Jun.

Nora being the same Seiyuu as Nagisa is a huge bonus treat for me too.
--
Nothing personal, just pure and justified bias ^^.
Oct 26, 2012 2:16 AM
Jul 2012
Yes, I really like the dub. Almost all of the characters in this anime sound really great to me.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» S&W news on February 25th???

prettyprint - Feb 22, 2022

0 by prettyprint »»
Feb 22, 2022 2:28 PM

Poll: » Just how many ears DOES Holo have?

HellaJeff - Apr 24, 2017

5 by sirwence »»
May 16, 2020 1:48 PM

» Revive this club!

Taz_ - Nov 25, 2015

15 by ModelCitizen »»
Feb 1, 2019 10:31 AM

» Question for readers of the light novels

HellaJeff - Apr 26, 2017

0 by HellaJeff »»
Apr 26, 2017 2:19 PM

Poll: » Spice and Wolf Openings/endings

DanilloMartins - Apr 24, 2015

11 by Svassy »»
Apr 25, 2017 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.