Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 25, 2010 7:48 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Best episode so far! Finally Goro kissed Kaoru in the last episode!

8 years later...
Keane went to the team of Gibson Jr. and Majumura joined it as well.
Toshi came to Goro's team.
Kaoru beared two children, a girl and a boy ^^
The boy looks like Kaoru's little brother Taiga =D

Happy End!
Kanade-chanSep 25, 2010 1:43 PM
Sep 25, 2010 1:27 PM

Jul 2009
it was an good last episode.
but i would like to see a game with those 2 Teams
Sep 25, 2010 2:27 PM

Feb 2010
beast anime. It seems like a final closure but I can't really tell.
Feel free to join my club if you like Armored Core:
Sep 25, 2010 8:01 PM

Jun 2008
subs anywhere yet? or is the raw the only thing out right now?
Sep 27, 2010 1:37 AM

Aug 2010
Shimizu's reaction to seeing Goro and Sophia was funny. I like how Goro ran after her without a second thought. He's usually too much of a baseball fanatic to give her any attention even though she has been devoted to him for a long time. It's nice to see that he finally gets serious with her in th end. I hope this wasn't the last season though. It seems a lot like it is considering that it ends kind of like the first season started, meaning that his family is kind of like his family was and his boy is about the same age.
Sep 27, 2010 2:47 AM
Nov 2008
Seeing how this episode ended,it really seems like the end of the series :(

Very nice episode and...FINALLY they kissed! [at the end..-.- well..better late than never ROFL] It would have been cute to see him as daddy too ,but...^.^ i'm still satisfied,very nice ending for a great series *wipes a tear*
Sep 27, 2010 2:00 PM

Jun 2008
a spin-off with his kids as the main characters would be cool
Sep 29, 2010 5:46 PM

Nov 2009
i almost cryed with this episode, i loved the series. i wish it it could be longer, all good things finish soon :(
Sep 30, 2010 11:45 PM

Aug 2007
overrated. this episode and the entire season. hate how shimizu/goro had zero development during the season and then all of a sudden at the end they have 2 kids and are married. The parents had more development than shimizu/goro. I can't believe it took him 8 years either. It's like he was light years behind Gibson Jr who was supposed to be his rival yet he loses to him way too much.
Oct 1, 2010 1:22 AM

Sep 2008
The beginning made me sad, then Sophia cheered me up.
I can't believe it took 8 years to win though. I'm just going to guess that Texas won 8 years in a row.
It seems like only kids grow up though. When people hit a certain age, they become immortal for the most part... well at least for 8 years. I wanted more baseball too. You can say that I was not satisfied and seems like no S7 will be needed.

Fucking Toshi though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2010 2:11 AM

Jan 2010
Seems this episode left off mid way through Volume 75/78. The ending wasn't bad, foreshadowing what will happen in the OVA/Movie in December. As long as that OVA/Movie is almost 2 hours in length. I can see how they can close out the anime with the manga. However they really screwed up this season by having like 3 filler episodes. If they didn't do that, we could have at least seen the time skip done right and how Mayamura and Toshiya went over to the Majors. Giving this season 8/10 for that reason. That aside though, the OVA/Movie should be epic if they do it right. They better show both the World Series and the aftermath.
Oct 1, 2010 2:56 AM

Dec 2007
Awful timeskip is awful. Seriously though, this is prolly the best a shounen anime can do about anything in the romance section, and it's not that good.

I don't get what the big overrating is going on with the entire series. it's alright, but far from the peak that so many mindless fans seem to claim it to be. I've watched a number of other baseball/sports anime and they have turned out so much better.
Oct 1, 2010 4:28 AM

Apr 2008
Eh. I have a love/hate relationship with this series, but I'm mostly disappointed that they randomly decided to replace keane with Suzaku at the end.

Also, the romance, as in every sports shounen, was so full of shit. After 5 24/25ths seasons of Goro not giving two shits about shimizu, he manages gets the girl? Please. It's like they tried to throw in drama, climax, and reconciliation in about 10 mins of plot.

Oct 1, 2010 8:24 AM

Sep 2008
I breezed through the first 5 seasons, but had to force myself to watch S6. This season was not as good as the previous seasons for me. Goro being down with the yips was really draggy and then the writer had to give him a circulatory problem >.<.

However, I love the ending! The time skip is a bit rushed, I admit. But it's satisfying enough as it showed everyone and everyone had happy endings (^_^)/. I was so glad that Goro and Kaoru got married and had children YEAH!

Overall, Major was good, but season 6 was not as enjoyable as the previous seasons IMHO.
rlxmeOct 1, 2010 8:28 AM
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Oct 1, 2010 8:38 AM

Sep 2009
I didn't really like this season as a whole - and I'm not the biggest fan of Major in general either...BUT, this season just earned itself an extra point by having a right and prober HAPPY ending - normally I hate those, but this, THIS was too sweet~
Would love to see an OVA play out the match we get a taste of in the ending sequence and ofc more of Goro and Kaoru and those little kids they had <3
aaaaw~
Oct 1, 2010 8:43 AM
Jan 2009
If there is no season 7 and 8 then Major has gone to the trash pile. How can they end 8 years of play just like that?
Oct 1, 2010 10:59 AM

Sep 2009
Enjoy Major but season 6 was not the best, I'd prefer when Goro was in HighSchool.

Moreover, we can't see Goro beats Gibson Jr in this season T-T, I wanted so much to see Gibson Jr lose... (grr hate him hate him) !! >__<
Oct 1, 2010 12:15 PM

Sep 2008
I hope this isnt the end of such an amazing series... I know 8 years later T_T but come on at least 2 more seasons of this.

Oct 1, 2010 2:22 PM

May 2009
Sure felt like the end of the series with the time skip. The episode itself was ok, but I can't say it was satisfying and especially if it is indeed the end. Btw, Junior seems to have lived a charmed (baseball) life...
Oct 1, 2010 2:30 PM

Jan 2008
You people need to calm down, there's gonna be an ova and they gonna cover everything there is.

9/10 s6, the ova is gonna be epic.
-khriz-Oct 1, 2010 2:43 PM
Oct 1, 2010 3:30 PM

Apr 2010
Haven't posted in ages but wanted to for this. It was a great final episode, most of season 6 was completely worthless in my opinion. They NEED to have a season 7 and possibly season 8 as well to cover the 8 year time span shown in the final clips. No major season fan could possibly accept such an ending to a great series!

I was hoping in season 7 he might have moved back to Japan so they could focus more on the Japanese characters development again and tie up a lot of loose stuff. Honestly the anime creators can make a heap more money off another season or two since I for one would be happy to buy DVDs of the series and plenty of others would too.

We might have to wait awhile but it would be nice if the creators could state in a blog somewhere whether they are making another series because series 6 felt incomplete and rushed at the end.
Oct 1, 2010 5:18 PM

May 2008
LONG LIVE MAJOR!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out.
Dermatitus have plagued men for millenia. Peace, THERE IS NO CURE.
Oct 1, 2010 7:15 PM

Jan 2010
Vandesdelca said:
Haven't posted in ages but wanted to for this. It was a great final episode, most of season 6 was completely worthless in my opinion. They NEED to have a season 7 and possibly season 8 as well to cover the 8 year time span shown in the final clips. No major season fan could possibly accept such an ending to a great series!

I was hoping in season 7 he might have moved back to Japan so they could focus more on the Japanese characters development again and tie up a lot of loose stuff. Honestly the anime creators can make a heap more money off another season or two since I for one would be happy to buy DVDs of the series and plenty of others would too.

We might have to wait awhile but it would be nice if the creators could state in a blog somewhere whether they are making another series because series 6 felt incomplete and rushed at the end.
A season 8 wouldn't really be plausible seeing as how in the manga the time skip happened directly after the events that happened in this episode of the anime. Just during the world series it touches on the events that happened during the time skip to give people answers. A season 7 is plausible but 25 episodes wouldn't be since this season ended midway through volume 75 of 78 total volumes. So Season 7 could be 12 episodes or so and be able to get the job done well. Though I fear that won't happen since they plan to release some OVA with the final volume in December. They seriously put 3 filler episodes in this season for no purpose what so ever. They could have done a lot more with the manga in those episodes which could have given a lot better conclusion to this season.
Oct 1, 2010 7:56 PM
Sep 2008
So this 8-year time skip in the anime did happen in the manga? Same time frame? or did it skip a bunch of volumes then end the anime so far at 75?
Oct 1, 2010 9:17 PM

Jan 2010
PaPaBrad said:
So this 8-year time skip in the anime did happen in the manga? Same time frame? or did it skip a bunch of volumes then end the anime so far at 75?
Time skip did happen in the manga. I don't know the time frame since I can't read Japanese, but the time skip went directly to the World Series. During the World Series they showed some flash backs about Keane, Toshiya, Gibson, Jr, and Mayumura. This was in Volume 75. Volume 77 and 78 haven't been released yet, but Volume 75 to 77 all cover the World Series. Volume 78 covers the aftermath and another time skip. And also the part about Raiders vs Salmons in the World Series was filler. After Goro got the surgery they didn't show any more information about the playoff's that season. Don't know why they added that but whatever.

My thoughts over each of the seasons:
Major S5 > Major S1, Major S2, and Major S4 > Major S3 > Major S6
VitaXOct 1, 2010 9:46 PM
Oct 1, 2010 10:57 PM

Apr 2008
Loved major through it all (except 6, I agree with a lot of you), its my all time favorite sports anime ever, and I doubt something will surpass major, not for A LONG time anyway.

This last episode was great yet sad as it marks the coming closure of Major in an OVA that should be a full blown season with a movie.

Also I saw someone say something about the greatness it would be if they created a spinoff with Goro's kids, I would have to AGREE, and maybe add that it would be cool to see brotherly rivalry as Goro had 2 kids, not sure if both were boys or not but if they were, their should be some rivalry. Even though I have much doubt of ever seeing a spinoff, I'll always hold some hope.
Oct 1, 2010 11:50 PM

Jan 2010
Goodtimes420 said:
Loved major through it all (except 6, I agree with a lot of you), its my all time favorite sports anime ever, and I doubt something will surpass major, not for A LONG time anyway.

This last episode was great yet sad as it marks the coming closure of Major in an OVA that should be a full blown season with a movie.

Also I saw someone say something about the greatness it would be if they created a spinoff with Goro's kids, I would have to AGREE, and maybe add that it would be cool to see brotherly rivalry as Goro had 2 kids, not sure if both were boys or not but if they were, their should be some rivalry. Even though I have much doubt of ever seeing a spinoff, I'll always hold some hope.
Oldest is a girl and younger is a boy.
Oct 2, 2010 5:35 AM
Jan 2008
To play in the world series or watch my child's birth? Really tough decision. didn't like this season much compare to the others. He still uses only gyroball and the gyro fork. They added a couple characters with history and goro yet again hurt himself... sigh would have liked more romance between goro x karou and lastly the world cup. hopefully the ova cover it.
Oct 2, 2010 10:21 AM

Dec 2008
Ah, it's all over. I love Major overall, but this season felt like it lacked something and seemed to have dragged its feet a little compared to the other seasons. I hope the OVA will cover some things that the show didn't get to.

And seeing Goro and Shimizu be happy like that makes me a very content fan.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Oct 2, 2010 11:09 AM
Mar 2008
T_T I'm so sad it's over
AWESOMEEEE anime, though I thought Keene changing teams at the end and Shimizu pregnant at the end was a bit awkward LOL
Oct 2, 2010 5:43 PM

Feb 2008
Major was epic. Seeing it from the beginning to the end has been an awesome ride, and I am definitely looking forward to that OVA. Really sad to see this end :(.
Oct 2, 2010 6:58 PM
Mar 2009
Maybe season 6 wasn't as good as the rest of the anime. I liked the happy ending though. Sure it was too quick because of the time skip and left out many things ( something good must have happened in an 8 years period!), but i guess if they're going to rush through the ending of the season and the series, then this way its the best.

About how they didn't cover much about the relationship between goro and shimizu, I think its ok. I mean, its a shounen-sports anime. If they had included more romance, people would be complaining about it.

Its too bad that the series ended. After 6 seasons, it makes me sad :'(

This is the way i rank the series' seasons:

S1, S2 > S5 > S4 > S3, S6

Oh, i hope the OVA comes out soon, it if there's actually going to be one released.
Oct 3, 2010 3:52 AM

Jan 2008
I actually almost cryed in the end it was so touching! I personally loved the last episode ^^ especially when Goro was pitching against Junior and they showed how his cap fell like it always does. The whole anime was so good :D just hoped that we could see more of the future (8 years later). Pitty that Keane changed teames, but oh well.
porkcutletbowlOct 3, 2010 4:10 AM
Oct 3, 2010 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
Great Season ! i must admit although i guessed from the opening ost from the beginning that this could be the last season ( since it has first season ost ) i hoped for another one for Goro and Gibson Jr showdown right now but well this way is fine too the only weird thing was flashing shimizu's name in that status ( lol she was like o god it hurts and then her names appears on the screen and i was like wtf )
amirhossOct 3, 2010 12:57 PM
Oct 3, 2010 4:09 PM

Jun 2009
the last episode was awesome!!! they finally kissed and 8 years later they have two kids. is it me or are those twins?.....I see Toshi got a spot in the Hornets and it looks like keene got traded. Watts and Gibson are coaches also Mayamura is on the same team as Keene....anyway great season but I think there won't be a season 7

AWESOME ENDING!!!!

Wohoo! Kaoru Shigeno FTW!
RapToROct 3, 2010 4:18 PM
Oct 5, 2010 2:21 PM

Mar 2009
Like others said It was all great until that time skip of 8 years showed up. They could have easily made another season for that.
Oct 7, 2010 2:13 PM

May 2008
Why Keane, WHY!!!!!!

/sadface
Oct 8, 2010 12:03 AM

Oct 2007
Cute closing to the series. Epic series overall. Gonna miss this shit.
"But at my back I always hear,
Time's winged chariot hurrying near,
And yonder all before us lie,
Deserts of vast eternity."
-- Andrew Marvell, "To His Coy Mistress"
Oct 8, 2010 8:31 PM

Oct 2008
Stoffe-Sama said:
Why Keane, WHY!!!!!!

/sadface

YOU BEAT ME TO IT! :O

Awesome *last episode*, looking forward to the OVA.
Oct 15, 2010 6:58 PM
Sep 2007
Can't wait for the ova, I had some problems with this season, but I don't care I love Major.
Hi
Oct 24, 2010 3:18 AM
Dec 2009
It's great watching some sports for a while..
makes me want to re-watch the whole thing.
Nov 24, 2010 8:56 PM

Mar 2009
I totally agree about the comments...

-S06 beginning was definitely not on par with the season before it... it was sloppy and most of the time it was gloomy...ffs I really didn't like how alot of the episodes revolved around injuries specially the Yips...

-Last episode few episode atleast pulled me back into it and EP25 really topped the cake since that is definitely the what I have been waiting for since S4... a show off against the major characters (flash-forward, atleast)...

-I really don't want an OVA but a whole new SEASON instead... it would be really sad and pathetic if they end this series because they had to rush through it or etc... IMHO even a movie like the one they released explaining the gap in S1 to S2 would be better but only time can tell...

I am definitely a hardcore fan of Major since S01E01... Props to all who worked so hard for this series!
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Nov 28, 2010 8:47 PM
Apr 2009
That was amazing. The only bad part is that it's now over. I can't wait for the OVA, but it makes me so sad that Goro's story is coming to a close.
(\___/)
(="."=)
(")__(")
Dec 7, 2010 11:35 AM
Jun 2008
The series has been averaging two episodes per volume of the manga. A two hour OVA should easily cover the last three volumes.

Regardless, I loved the timeskip. So much pure emotion in there.
Dec 8, 2010 2:21 PM

Aug 2009
worst season, but the ending was great

can't wait for the OVA
Jan 16, 2011 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
As with the rest, this season was not so great, but the ending timeskip was great (tough i'd prefer they dropped the music then). Not a fan of scenes with music, i prefer real dialog.

Major was really a great serie, and it's so sad it's over :(
Really happy Goro & Kaoru got together <3

btw, in the timeskip when we saw shingo & chiaku watching tv i tought shingo was komori xD
and i LOVE Sato's new look in timeskip <3 (when he's catching Goro's pitches in the Majors)
Apr 10, 2011 10:35 PM
Jan 2009
What a terrible way to end the anime... yet still reamins one of the greatest animes I've watched. I can't count the number of times I was filled with teary eyes throughout these 150 episodes. But why use this total train wreck ending!?

We watch Goro suffer with yips, circulatory problems, and losing his goal in life and all we get in return is a failed attempt at a no hit - no run debut game, failed attempt at 10 consecutive strike outs, failed attempt at 'completely' closing his Game 7 division game, and a Hornets series defeat due to lack of pitchers.

Then were hit with a 20 second montage saying "Oh by the way he eventually wins the World Series." Insane! The whole point of this anime was to WATCH Goro go berserk in the World Series (where he breaks all these records we were waiting so long to see). The OVA offered a 'stronger' wrap up then this mess but it was so disappointing that this anime didn't go seven seasons. So sad it ended this way.
Jun 29, 2011 5:50 PM

Apr 2009
T.T
sugoi!

*(*_*)*
Midori ^^
Aug 28, 2011 6:07 PM

May 2008
I love and hate this series, but the conclusion was worth my time.

"And now hitting Strawberry" :) anyone.
Jan 26, 2012 6:35 AM
Apr 2011
Just watched all the seasons back to back cause I have too much free time lol. Wow. This season wasn't the best but I still loved it. Although there are the OVAs, I think they should've made a whole new season for world series. Doesn't necessarily have to be 25/26 ep, could be just 12/13. I haven't read the manga but I don't understand how they can fit world series into 2 episodes. :s
I really wanna see how Mayumura/Toshi got into the Majors and why Keene changed majors team. Watts and Joe Gibson becoming coaches is kind of expected. And why did it take 8 years for the Hornets to catch up to Raiders? I really wonder if that means that they had close games before but Raiders always ended winning or it's just cause Hornets just wasn't at that level yet. Anyways, after 8 years, you would think that Goro's speed increased by quite a bit, so I'm excited to see how big the difference is between the end of this season and the 2 OVAs. (:
Oh, and it's interesting cause the top 3 rookies from Japan play the most important roles in the world series. (:

Lastly, does anyone actually know what's Joe Gibson Jr.'s name? He's always called Gibson Jr. or Junior but never have I heard his actual name lol. Unless his name is Joe Gibson as well..
devilzzyJan 26, 2012 7:34 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 22 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Sep 6, 2010

26 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 12, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 19 Discussion

LegendFury - Aug 15, 2010

30 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:11 PM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 12 Discussion

Lang - Jun 20, 2010

29 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 5, 2023 7:18 AM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 11 Discussion

VitaX - Jun 13, 2010

27 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 4, 2023 8:24 AM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 1 Discussion

llamaben - Apr 3, 2010

47 by Meranwise »»
Dec 8, 2022 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.