Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which Signature Non-Gundam Mobile Weapon do you like best?
Aug 21, 2010 2:27 AM

Apr 2009
the Gundam metaseries did not just promote Gundams and mass produced mobile weapons.. sometimes, there are mobile weapons that are used by either the support cast or the antagonists that really stand out among the rest or on some cases, they modify and customize even the mass produced suits to give them identity of their own..

so trying to break from convention, and to at least make a poll that is less predictable (we all know who has high chances on Gundam polls..) , i've listed some of the mobile weapons that meet some criteria.. then we vote..

Criteria:
1. It is from the major anime shows.. (not counting Manga, Novel, SD series, etc as it could be tedious..) I decided to add those that would be shown in Unicorn episode 2 and 00 movie as it won't matter in months time anyway..
2. Must be piloted by a fairly significant character of said series (could be subjective)..
3. It could be an MS or an MA but it should not be a Gundam..
4. It could be a customized mass production mobile suit.. either optional color, optional parts and armaments, or a special unit (prototype, demo, etc.)
5. It could be a Gundam support unit but it should be independent and is not a part of a Gundam itself..

if i may have forgotten something you like, just mention it..

although we could only vote once.. let's also mention our top 5 or 10..

as for me i voted Sinanju but my top 10 is..
1. Sinanju
2. Turn X
3. GN Flag
4. LaGOWE
5. Kampfer
6. Sazabi
7. Masurao
8. Qubeley
9. Gouf Custom
10. Char's Red Z'Gok
argiliumSep 14, 2010 5:24 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 23, 2010 2:27 AM

Aug 2010
Mine would be the Turn X, was followed closely with the Sinanju though.
Aug 23, 2010 8:41 AM

Dec 2007
1. Susanowo
2. Masurao
3. Ahead Sakigake
4. Sinanju
5. Sazabi
6. Rig Contio
7. Gerbera Tetra
8. Alvaaron
9. Hyaku Shiki
10. Tallgeese III
Aug 29, 2010 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
No Overflag? I prefer that over GN Flag because it doesn't have a GN Drive.
Well then, my favorites would be:
1. Overflag
2. Kampfer
3. Kshatriya
4. Quin Mantha
5. Char's Zaku
6. Gaplant
7. Messala
8. Neue Ziel

argilium said:

1. It is from the major anime shows.. (not counting Manga, Novel, SD series, etc as it could be tedious..) I decided to add those that would be shown in Unicorn episode 2 and 00 movie as it won't matter in months time anyway..
2. Must be piloted by a fairly significant character of said series (could be subjective)..

These rules kinda limits much, would want to put Stark Jegan, Nightingale and Blue Destiny.
Aug 29, 2010 11:37 AM

Apr 2009
RedSuisei said:
No Overflag? I prefer that over GN Flag because it doesn't have a GN Drive.
Well then, my favorites would be:

argilium said:

These rules kinda limits much, would want to put Stark Jegan, Nightingale and Blue Destiny.

decided to put Graham's Union Flag Custom in the list as i forgot it.. choose it as it resembles the Over Flag..

like i told you, to prevent it from being tedious on my part, i decided to really limit it as then, i would really miss a lot of suits since i don't know stuff about the manga and novels (me forgetting Graham's Union Flag Custom is already a case even it's a TV) and it's hard to modify a poll when votes are already cast.. and yes, i really wanted to put the Stark Jegan because of it's awesomeness (It's the fault of Unicorn for producing some of the best mass-produced and nameless commander type suits in existence) but it defeats the purpose of the title of the thread.. i might want to create a Best Mass-Produced Mobile Suit some other time.. or i would have to remake the thread as a new one effectively deleting the votes in order to add the suits..
Aug 31, 2010 12:38 PM

Dec 2007
It is, sort of.
Aug 31, 2010 3:25 PM

Dec 2007
It was a prototype for the Zeta Gundam and is also called the Delta Gundam. It was too expensive to produce however, so it was made into a lesser mobile suit with less Gundam-like properties.
Aug 31, 2010 4:07 PM

Apr 2008
They should have made Theta Gundam
Sep 1, 2010 3:53 AM

Dec 2007
Isn't Theta Gundam just the Double Zeta Gundam?
Sep 1, 2010 4:12 AM

Apr 2008
Gurenn said:
Isn't Theta Gundam just the Double Zeta Gundam?

I believe there was a different concept for Theta that eventually evolved into ZZ but even if it isn't, should have called it Theta and not ZZ. We need all the Greek alphabet in there so we can have a Gundam frat
Sep 1, 2010 6:48 AM

Jul 2010
If there's Hyaku Shiki then there should be Re-GZ too. I think both can be considered pseudo-gundam.
Sep 2, 2010 3:24 AM

Apr 2009
RedSuisei said:
If there's Hyaku Shiki then there should be Re-GZ too. I think both can be considered pseudo-gundam.
Re-GZ is a pre-mass production mobile suit in which no one is entitled to or has a custom variant or customized color.. i've already explained what the title of the thread means.. and is part of the reason why i made you vote Graham's Union Custom and not the Over Flag.. *sigh* if only i weren't busy and if it only weren't tedious, i would like to make a mass produced mobile suit poll..

but by no means am i saying i limited the options to the one in the polls.. basically, there are also suits that i forgot from the enemy MS's of the week of Victory and X which i did not bother to put since the characters weren't as significant anyway and i was not expecting any votes or special mention from them either.. on the contrary, there are 2 identical units of Gaplant, 2 Gabthley's and at least 3 Hambrabi's, and i bothered to put them since those that piloted them are very significant for their respective series and because they are unique MS's in the sense that all of them are experimental MS's.. you even managed to mention Gaplant..

EDIT: i've decided to add Re-GZ because i found out that what they had in Londo Bell in Char's Counterattack was the prototype and any further mass production was only manifested on suits like the ReZEL.. sorry for the mistake..
argiliumSep 6, 2010 6:33 AM
Sep 7, 2010 6:12 AM

Jun 2010
Sky Grasper
''Those who opposes the will of the Creators shall be deleted..'' - Ultimate Messiah
Sep 8, 2010 4:39 PM

Apr 2009
ketan said:
Sky Grasper
just when you thought only mobile suits can get backpacks.. .. ..
Sep 8, 2010 5:42 PM

Jan 2010
I'd vote the Akatsuki from SEED Destiny but it's not on the list ._.

Other favorites are the Garbera Tetra, Overflag Custom, Gadessa, Tallgeese III, and Sinanju.
Sep 9, 2010 11:20 AM

Dec 2007
Akatsuki is a Gundam.
Sep 9, 2010 4:14 PM

Apr 2009
Seraphix said:
I'd vote the Akatsuki from SEED Destiny but it's not on the list ._.

it clearly says in the series that it uses a modified version of the first G.U.N.D.A.M. OS.. in C.E., having the OS and the head looking like a Gundam makes me consider that they're Gundams.. try this for a reference..

heck, i found out that all of ORB's mobile suits (Astray and Murasame) use some form or a lesser copy of the first G.U.N.D.A.M. OS.. they even have the exact same head.. hence, i wasn't able to put Andrew Waltfeld's yellow Murasame..

so plz vote for one..
argiliumSep 9, 2010 4:21 PM
Sep 17, 2010 1:52 PM

Nov 2008
well i voted for the Quin Mantha, but my other favorites were:

zeong
zaku II kai
kampfer
Gouf Custom
Kshatriya
sinanju

Nov 11, 2010 11:31 AM

Feb 2005
Not necessarily in the right order;

Zaku II
Gouf/Custom
Gelgoog
Kämpfer
Acguy
Z'gok
Sazabi
Sinanju
Geara Zulu
Hildolfr (lol)
Nov 13, 2010 11:41 PM
Jul 2018
Guncannon
Jun 12, 2011 6:24 AM
Apr 2011
I voted for Sinanju my other favorites are

1. Sinanju
2. Kshatriya
3. Tallgeese III
4. Brave Commander Test Type
5. Bertigo
6. Sazabi
7. Qubeley
8. Kämpfer
9. GuAIZ
10. Turn X
Jun 24, 2011 11:34 PM

Oct 2010
my picks would be:
Sinanju
Sazabi
Gouf/Custom
Zaku II
Hyaku Shiki
Rick Dias

The ones that aren't on the list:
Dom/Rick Dom
Jegan/Stark Jegan
Delta plus
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Gunpla thread

Baman - Sep 12, 2011

8 by jm0nk3y77 »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:03 PM

» Which character do you hate the most??

anuses - Sep 26, 2014

30 by Ushiwa915 »»
Aug 24, 2022 6:42 AM

» Gundam a deeper meaning.

geppe - Jul 26, 2015

4 by mischlef »»
Jul 25, 2021 7:34 AM

» Favorite Gundam Males

hartschaotica - Dec 30, 2010

13 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jul 23, 2021 12:59 PM

» Best Gundam Couples ( 1 2 )

Darkerangel - Nov 13, 2010

58 by Darkerangel »»
Jan 2, 2021 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.