Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Why do the zombies don't eat each other but instead look for fresh humans ?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 15, 2010 10:04 PM
Jun 2008
Lice/flees doesn't control the host of the body.They only makes you itchy,but you can stop scratching if you don't want.Its your free will.
But the parasite inside the snail is different.It stay inside the snail and it control against its free will.
Just like in episode 1 ,Hisashi want to kill(infect) Takashi .The virus control over Hisashi to infest Takashi..
I do agree that the snail movement speed = zombie movement speed.... =.=
Aug 15, 2010 11:17 PM

Apr 2009
Zombies aren't slow. Have you never played Left4Dead? =D
Aug 15, 2010 11:39 PM

Jan 2010
It would be far too easy if all the zombies would just eat each other.

edit: and also

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoZombieCannibals
muramusaw8Aug 16, 2010 12:02 AM
Aug 16, 2010 2:05 AM
Jun 2008
SpudUK said:
Zombies aren't slow. Have you never played Left4Dead? =D
I don't saw any fast moving zombie in HotD.
Yes, there are fast zombie in game.There are also zombie that use bazooka and rifle as well in the game.Probably we won't meet those in this Anime...
Aug 16, 2010 7:14 AM

Jul 2010
Here's your answer:

Aug 16, 2010 7:31 AM

Jul 2009
Zombie' don't eat anything dead, they only go for the living.;)
This is how new zombies are born; an awakening via contamination then death.
This is also why, in the latest episode of HOTD, the man who was murdered didn't have his body savaged.

Aug 16, 2010 9:14 AM

Nov 2009
xilam said:
Alex's statement is overuled by the fact that they did state in the anime that the zombies senses are no longer working, they only can hear.

So i dont think smell plays a part really....

This is purely speculation though, we can be sure that eyes dont work but you would have to assume smell plays a part. If that wasnt the case, then they would be chasing after every noise made by anything, living or not.
Aug 16, 2010 9:29 AM
Feb 2010
Because they're only attracted to the scent of The Living?
Maybe also because it's a faster way of spreading the 'disease'
Aug 16, 2010 9:40 AM

Jan 2010
the like their meals hot wth hot blood and meat and hunting humans has a craze of its own
Aug 16, 2010 9:51 AM

Apr 2009
When you die, your whole body goes into a state of mindlessness (because the mind cannot survive without the brain). Your brain sends impulses went your alive to tell your nose to sniff for a smell or scent. When your dead, your brain is incapable of doing this, so using the simple logic of the human anatomy, zombies (if they were to exist) could not smell because their brain couldn't physically make it happen. And even if it did, the brain is dormant, so it can't depict smells because the brain doesn't work.

To conclude: zombies can't smell because the brain is dead and unable to to evaluate the smell itself.

Zombies can't hear either. Rigamortis spreads to the entire body when you die, and that includes your ear drums. However, they seems to naturally react to vibrations because it the only way they can spot potential pray, which is why when you scream, the wave of vibrations hit them and and thats what attracts them to the person screaming. It's the only bodily sense an undead could have.

Think of it as someone with deafblindness with regards to this. They can't see or hear, but they can still feel the vibrations of someone speaking. It the same principle as what zombies would be like, only with a fully functioning brain (and the human still has the other 3 senses).

There you go. Im off to eat. Brains maybe....

...brains...
SpudUKAug 16, 2010 9:56 AM
Aug 17, 2010 9:07 PM

Sep 2008
it's like eating pizza...now would you prefer eating hot pizza or cold pizza? Zombies are the same...unfortunately for most of them, they get turned off once their food goes cold and have no access to a microwave(let alone know how one functions), so they go for their next pizza
Aug 17, 2010 9:14 PM
Jun 2008
SpudUK said:
When you die, your whole body goes into a state of mindlessness (because the mind cannot survive without the brain). Your brain sends impulses went your alive to tell your nose to sniff for a smell or scent. When your dead, your brain is incapable of doing this, so using the simple logic of the human anatomy, zombies (if they were to exist) could not smell because their brain couldn't physically make it happen. And even if it did, the brain is dormant, so it can't depict smells because the brain doesn't work.

To conclude: zombies can't smell because the brain is dead and unable to to evaluate the smell itself.

Zombies can't hear either. Rigamortis spreads to the entire body when you die, and that includes your ear drums. However, they seems to naturally react to vibrations because it the only way they can spot potential pray, which is why when you scream, the wave of vibrations hit them and and thats what attracts them to the person screaming. It's the only bodily sense an undead could have.

Think of it as someone with deafblindness with regards to this. They can't see or hear, but they can still feel the vibrations of someone speaking. It the same principle as what zombies would be like, only with a fully functioning brain (and the human still has the other 3 senses).

There you go. Im off to eat. Brains maybe....

...brains...
Satan allow them to go against this nature =P
Aug 17, 2010 11:56 PM

Jan 2010
Orio94 said:
punkster90 (Male)
said:

It's probably instinct. It's like asking why doesn't a lion eat other lions. I dunno something like that.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
To put it simply their conscious minds deteriorate, and what's left is some predatory instinct. And I guess they aren't very aware of each other, they're all just individuals attracted to living flesh.

Though I wonder about things like animals, since they didn't seem to attack that one dog, there were only attracted to it's barking.
So maybe some part of the brain that has to do with dealing with other humans get's all infected and warps into one that causes them to be hostile towards humans.

It's funny talking about zombies so seriously xP
reminds me of the Zombie Survival Guide

LOL it's funny how it say i'm a male. And yeah they left Zeke alone, though i wish that was adressed.

Ah, I've read a few excerpts from it. Interesting stuff.
Aug 18, 2010 2:29 AM

Aug 2010
but then again, isn't our brain responsible for all our senses? So, DEAD=No Senses at all left

Aug 18, 2010 3:07 AM

Mar 2009
In reality, zombies do exist or have existed, at least. They are not undead, they're not dead even, they're actually living humans. Bokors (voodoo sorcerers) were giving their victims mixtures of herbs with psychoactive qualities and turning them into zombies. They appeared like they were dead, though they were not; they could move, all their senses were functioning perfectly (if not for their trance), and they would obey commands given to them by their Bokor master. These commands usually would consist of terrorizing their fellow villagers. How did this work though, scientists have never been able to figure it out.

So if you take that into consideration, the zombies could be commanded by a sinister force behind the scenes, to kill living humans and turn them into zombies. Ofcourse the bite of a real zombie would not turn you into another zombie. But for their fictional undead cousins, it's a possible explanation. After all, there is no way in the Earthly material world for a dead human to come back from the grave and seek to kill the living. So a demonic entity which indulges itself with our suffering could be the one causing all this in HotD and many other films/books/games etc.

However explaining the reasons behind a zombie apocalypse and what makes a zombie being the way it is, has very usually resulted in failure. Any serious creator of anything in the zombie genre does not need to give us a reason as to why zombies are the way they are.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 18, 2010 5:52 AM

Aug 2010
Now your just talking about mind control. But you also have a point, they never really give a reason to it.

Aug 18, 2010 11:12 PM

Apr 2009
punkster90
said:

Orio94 said:
punkster90 (Male)
said:

It's probably instinct. It's like asking why doesn't a lion eat other lions. I dunno something like that.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
To put it simply their conscious minds deteriorate, and what's left is some predatory instinct. And I guess they aren't very aware of each other, they're all just individuals attracted to living flesh.

Though I wonder about things like animals, since they didn't seem to attack that one dog, there were only attracted to it's barking.
So maybe some part of the brain that has to do with dealing with other humans get's all infected and warps into one that causes them to be hostile towards humans.

It's funny talking about zombies so seriously xP
reminds me of the Zombie Survival Guide

LOL it's funny how it say i'm a male. And yeah they left Zeke alone, though i wish that was adressed.

Ah, I've read a few excerpts from it. Interesting stuff.

Oh haha, that's just some MAL add-on for google chrome, it adds a bunch of random things, which includes showing the percentage similarity to your list and gender(if given) next to their name. Sooo it's pretty convenient :P
I just forgot to erase that part b4 replying.

Aug 18, 2010 11:36 PM

Dec 2009
they're zombies, not cannibals
Aug 19, 2010 12:43 AM

Apr 2010
they do eat other zombies well in Hotd they do in a few eps i saw them eating there hands and other zombies to i think they just follow noise and w.e they grab on to first hey eat
Aug 19, 2010 12:45 PM

Aug 2009
MALz_Otaku said:
they do eat other zombies well in Hotd they do in a few eps i saw them eating there hands and other zombies to i think they just follow noise and w.e they grab on to first hey eat

i didnt really notice that, i have to re watch the first ep again
but as in general its like with lions or other animals, they dont eat each other the eat others
Aug 19, 2010 1:31 PM

Jun 2009
I'll say .. cuz they're just STUBID .. thats wgy xD
Aug 19, 2010 2:00 PM
Aug 2010
Hey Newbie to Anime here. (This is one of the first animes iv'e watched in ages)

Just so you know im obsessed with Zombie shows/movies/games etc

From my understanding in this show they track the sound of human speaking and loud noises... this may explain why the zombies didnt attack the dog (frequency of bark?)

As you may of noticed they only feed on the flesh while the body is still warm or maybe while the person still has running blood which makes warmth anyway >.<

as few others have stated they will eat the first thing they bump into but usually wont keep eating the thing they've grabbed unless its human.

Just a theory
Aug 26, 2010 4:17 PM

Jul 2009
Hopefully that question will be of some use solving the mystery of WHY the zombies appeared anyway. I hope this doesn't end like a simple ecchi anime without explaining any reasons. It'd just be... plain and stupid.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

19 by animegamer245 »»
May 5, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.