Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2010 4:50 PM
Jul 2010
What is your favorite Castlevania game and explain why?

My favorite is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. The first time I played this game was on the PSP, on the Dracula X Chronicles. It was an amazing experience, especially when I unlocked the second part of the game. The bosses where extremely memorable, the music was amazing and fitted each section of Dracula's Castle, and there are many secrets throughout this game. Plus, on the first run through, I got the Crissgrim, which I didn't even know about until my brother told me how hard this item it is to obtain!
Jul 18, 2010 5:15 PM

Nov 2008
The original Rondo of Blood (PC engine CD) and the Saturn and PSP ports of it, it's a very underrated game and all three have other characters to select especially the PSP port. I liked playing as Maria trust me Richter's whip is nothing compared to Maria's animal powers. The SNES port was crappy and horrible. Dracula was the toughest for me in Rondo of Blood period.

Jul 18, 2010 8:07 PM

Oct 2009
My favorite Castlevania game was Symphony of the Night as well. I really like the boss fights, music, and overall appearance of Alucard. I played the game alot on psp when my friend copied it from his ps3 but then when I got a ps3. I copied it over again and I beat it about 4 more times. My recent playthru was about 2 weeks ago. It's amazing to go from superb graphics back to SotN and still enjoy it more then some games today.
Jul 19, 2010 8:35 AM

Jan 2008
Ah, I'll join the bandwagon.

Symphony of the Night wins my vote. Then Aria of Sorrow.

I enjoyed SOTN since it was pretty much my first Castlevania game. I've beaten the game who knows how much time. Although I start to get bored after the reverse castle and just be cheap with Alucards Shield. I also enjoy playing Alucard more than I do those Belmonts.

Aria of Sorrow was very very easy but also my second favorite. You also get to use Alucard. o3o
Jul 19, 2010 8:38 AM

Dec 2009
DIE MONSTER. YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD.
Jul 19, 2010 9:15 AM

Feb 2009
Dawn of Sorrow, awesome gameplay, characters and bosses

Jul 19, 2010 9:30 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Unsurprisingly, Symphony of the Night is my favorite. In fact it is one of my favorite games ever (in the top 5 even).

It also has a lot of memories and nostalgia attached to it. I had played video games when I was much younger but had gotten out of it because I did not have money to buy games nor did my parents. When I was in high school though my friends got me back into them. I was looking for a game to play when I say SoTN for really cheap at the store and was like I remember liking these Castlevania games as a kid. So when I started to play it, I was rather shocked as it wasn't what I was expecting at all. I managed to convince all my video game playing friends to play it at some point and we spent a lot of time talking about it in high school. From explaining to my friends girl friends that hearts and weapons come out candles just because that's how a video game works, to long conversations of what was the best piece of music in the game I think we covered it all.

So all in all I have a lot of general fondness for the game, and the metroidvania style of games is still one of my favorites.
Jul 19, 2010 10:04 AM

Apr 2009
I've played my variety of Castlevania games, with 'Order of Ecclesia' being the latest addition.
Of course I've also played Symphony of the night, but my vote goes to the GBA-title: Aria of sorrow. The whole atmos, pace and combat system just enticed me I guess.
I don't have specific reason as to why I prefer this over the powerhouse 'Symphony of the night', but I just do ._____.

The best music, however, will go to SotN, if you ask me :3

- Lith.
Jul 19, 2010 10:15 AM

Jun 2008
I have been a big fan of the Castlevania series since Simon's Quest. Out of all the games I have played, I would say my all time favorite one would be "Castlevania 64". I know many people hated that game because it was the first 3D world for the series, and the graphics weren't that great. But I felt the controls were pretty good, I liked the music, and the storyline was engaging. Though the last boss was way too easy I felt.

My second favorite game would be "Dracula X Chronicles" on the PSP. The platforming on it was good, though jump could be awkward at times. And it had the classic Castlevania difficulty and side quests. It was also nice that you could switch between the Japanese and English audio.

"Portrait of Ruin" is the next game on my list to play. The two character switch out has my interest.
Jul 20, 2010 7:18 AM

Mar 2009
Been playing castlevania for years. For a long time SOtN was my favorite, but thinking about it now I must say the sorrow series has become my favorite. It just did so many things right. . .
Jul 20, 2010 7:27 AM

Feb 2010
My favourite castlevania has to be a tie between rondo of blood and bloodlines.

My favourite metroidvania however is either aria of sorrow or symphony of the night.
Jul 20, 2010 8:01 AM

May 2010
Definitely Symphony of the Night, I love that game. Followed by Order of Ecclesia, Portrait of Ruin and Super Castlevania IV, in that order. Castlevania games are just awesome.
Nov 3, 2022 5:51 PM
Dec 2017
easily symphony of the night

Nov 4, 2022 10:52 PM

Aug 2009
Symphony, but mainly the The Dracula X Chronicles version. The original voice acting is goofy in a good way, but I like the recast.

My real answer is Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, though.

Nov 5, 2022 1:44 PM

Jun 2020
Rondo Of Blood, Aria and Ecclesia are my favs
Super Castlevania IV and Harmony Of Dissonance are cool too.
Nov 8, 2022 7:14 PM

May 2020
I never played a single Castlevania game. But i will try out the one included in my new SNES Classic Mini.
っ◔◡◔)っ ♥Average gamer and anime enjoyer♥
Nov 10, 2022 4:13 AM

Apr 2018
I have only played nes ones so will come back with a better answer in the future.

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 6 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
6 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
8 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
12 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
12 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.