Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 16, 2010 2:04 PM

Jun 2008
I loved the first season, and though the second season wasn't as good I enjoyed it as well. After finding information on this I'm not sure if I actually want to bother to watch it. I don't plan to read the manga either, so I'll only have anime information. Oh, and I watched FUNimation's dub of the first 54 episodes, so I'd have to switch for the last 2 episodes, which would be even more awkward...

So what does everyone suggest? Watch or avoid?
Jul 17, 2010 6:14 PM

May 2010
Well it doesn't really conclude it or anything but there is some closure I guess. I was in the same situation as you after watching the first two seasons dubbed and having to watch San Gakki subbed which was kind of annoying. Plus they skip a whole part of the story apparently (a trip to England I think) so your not at the point you left off of when you finished the 2nd season. If you watched the first two seasons and liked them enough though I would say you mind as well watch it. Its only 2 episodes after all.
Jun 29, 2011 10:43 AM

Mar 2010
they skipped more than a trip to england. even the manga has this weird jump.

if you wont read the manga:

i was really let down with this i would have loved a third and fourth season. the show really doesnt end and we got no explication of that.
Jul 2, 2011 1:22 AM
Jul 2011
Redfoxoffire said:
I loved the first season, and though the second season wasn't as good I enjoyed it as well. After finding information on this I'm not sure if I actually want to bother to watch it. I don't plan to read the manga either, so I'll only have anime information. Oh, and I watched FUNimation's dub of the first 54 episodes, so I'd have to switch for the last 2 episodes, which would be even more awkward...

So what does everyone suggest? Watch or avoid?

I think you should avoid , because , they dont put any effort in this ova, the only way to watch this is if you are reading the manga otherwise avoid.
Oct 20, 2012 2:33 PM

May 2012
Yeah I'm thinking I'll skip this as well. I hear it's like the creators are trolling the fans with this so yeah I'll stay away. Trying to decide whether or I should check out the manga or just move on to something else.
Dec 24, 2014 1:45 AM

Sep 2013
I was almost convinced not to watch this at all from reading all the comments.

But, I watched it anyway.
While it wasn't as good as the two previous seasons, in my opinion, it does at least give a satisfactory ending to the series.
And most importantly, I still enjoyed watching it!

So yeah, if you have the time to watch it, and enjoyed the previous seasons, it's only two episodes, so you should watch it! =)

P.S. I went in with low expectations though, so that might have been affecting my judgement. Though conversely, since everyone else had such high expectations, their disappointment clearly shows.
Apr 21, 2018 11:08 AM

Jul 2015
8 years later, but IMO it was a pretty good OVA to end the series, yeah, skipping all that material is definitely a shame, but what it covered was nice and definitely touching, if someone is not interested on reading the manga (as it was in my case) this is still a good part to watch to have some conclusion to the series.
Jun 14, 2023 4:44 PM
Oct 2020
15 years later but can you tell me .. on which volume or chapter in the manga does the story in ova begins ?
Apr 18, 7:12 AM

Jan 2008
Gosh I'm debating on whether i should too now, i just tried it but the voices for the subbed version just dont work for me, I might just jump into the manga :/
Really disappointing to be honest, I know it's been over a decade and a half now but still... hearing the japanese voices when I opened the episode was so jarring.
Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes...just be an illusion...
Apr 18, 7:27 AM
May 2011
Reply to kagamiiin
Gosh I'm debating on whether i should too now, i just tried it but the voices for the subbed version just dont work for me, I might just jump into the manga :/
Really disappointing to be honest, I know it's been over a decade and a half now but still... hearing the japanese voices when I opened the episode was so jarring.
@kagamiiin Honestly, if you want more School Rumble after season 2, then the manga is the only way to go. If all you want is closure on potential romantic pairings, still don't watch "season" 3 and ask for/go look up spoilers online.
Apr 18, 7:49 AM

Jan 2008
Reply to Fail_Man_X
@kagamiiin Honestly, if you want more School Rumble after season 2, then the manga is the only way to go. If all you want is closure on potential romantic pairings, still don't watch "season" 3 and ask for/go look up spoilers online.
@Fail_Man_X Yeah I just went and ordered some of the manga volumes online, I'm probably gonna make my way through them soon, sucks it has to be like this but oh well T_T was planning on reading the manga at some point anyway
Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes...just be an illusion...
Apr 18, 8:32 AM
May 2011
Reply to kagamiiin
@Fail_Man_X Yeah I just went and ordered some of the manga volumes online, I'm probably gonna make my way through them soon, sucks it has to be like this but oh well T_T was planning on reading the manga at some point anyway
@kagamiiin I think that is a good call. I don't read manga, but after finishing season 2, I went back and read the whole thing. I hope you enjoy it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Rumble: San Gakki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SteveKeys - Sep 17, 2008

121 by faerie1 »»
Feb 26, 7:57 PM

Poll: » School Rumble: San Gakki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kiseki - Jul 24, 2008

81 by _untitled »»
Jan 2, 1:45 PM

» SR S3 Episode 1-24 Production

Puvi2Groovy - Jul 27, 2008

27 by Jacques_Monreal »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:47 AM

» Some questions regarding the series...

newgard - Jan 19, 2014

5 by Skittles »»
Apr 15, 2017 3:26 AM

» Disapointed !

MainGoldDragon - Apr 12, 2012

5 by Mkim »»
Apr 30, 2016 1:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.