Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 2021 11:45 PM

Jan 2019
Love this episode soooo muuch

i need more this kind of sugar in my life
Jun 3, 2021 2:50 PM

Jan 2021
Stupid Haruka!!!!!!!-.-
Dec 11, 2021 7:43 PM
Dec 2017
this was another nice episode i say and otani is a dumbass

Dec 18, 2021 11:05 PM
Feb 2020
SouthRzVa said:
The way how this show tries to antagonize Ootani is starting to really piss me off. Let's hope the "class vs. Ootani" depiction wasn't serious.

That aside, I also gotta say that Haruka is easily the worst thing this series has. Who thought it would be a good idea to include such irritating character in this already frustrating love story?

This episode proves why friends shouldn't just unnecessarily intervene in others' affairs. Haruka, their classmates, Nakao, and sometimes Nobuko, they almost messed up the nice pace the two main characters had.
Dec 18, 2021 11:07 PM
Feb 2020
DarkInsomnia57 said:
Straight up though, I legit hate Otani, all the homies hate Otani. That's some toxic masculinity right there, before its day. Risa doesn't deserve all of this mistreatment just because she's physically a little out of the normal. She deserves respect like anyone.

Otani is messing up massively too. You get along with this girl like gangbusters AND she likes you and you DON'T want to be with her? Unbelievable. Are tall girls a joke to you? This guy is permanently 14.

Risa doesn't need to be chasing this pos all the time, trying to convince him after he rejected her. Like, I get it, Otani is extremely immature, but you have to let him suffer, he deserves it.

Man I hate Otani. Scumbag. Just make a clean break and be done.

Poor desperate Risa, but I have no excuses for Otani, he makes all men look bad.

I don't get it. Toxic masculinity? So now if a girl confesses to a guy, he has to unconditionally like her right away and go out in a relationship? The previous episodes have already established that he CANNOT see her as a girlfriend yet because he is afraid of breaking the current friendship between them. This also happens in real life, doesn't it?
Dec 18, 2021 11:42 PM

Nov 2017
theprussian said:

I don't get it. Toxic masculinity? So now if a girl confesses to a guy, he has to unconditionally like her right away and go out in a relationship? The previous episodes have already established that he CANNOT see her as a girlfriend yet because he is afraid of breaking the current friendship between them. This also happens in real life, doesn't it?

"The previous episodes have already established that he CANNOT see her as a girlfriend yet because he is afraid of breaking the current friendship between them." That's your conjecture, sure. The audience doesn't know for sure what Otani's reasons are. They turn out to be...complicated. It's more of an author device for angst. Keeps the eyes on the series.

In the end he's just a difficult person with his own internal logic.
Jan 31, 2022 1:01 PM

Mar 2020
Only likeable characters are Risa and to an extent Seiko (if only she wasn't just a shitty gimmick).
No idea why this is even a 24 episode anime, they are extending the drama for no reason and it seems like no progress is made.
It must've been like a year since Risa got rejected, it makes barely any sense that she keeps trying when Otani treats her like shit. At this point I don't even want them together.
Really sad to see it getting worse with every episode, the comedy used to be top notch, the facial expressions are among the best I've seen.
Jan 22, 2023 3:09 PM

Jun 2021
I do appreciate how Otani isn't saying "No way in hell would I want her as my girlfriend", he's just saying "I'm not sure yet".

Yes. Even then, i laughed hard when the official chocolate was thrown against his head while sappy music was playing. Haruka, check your double standards but also thanks for moving on plot, at least, just a little.
Feb 3, 2023 10:45 PM

Jul 2022
Haber, I completely agree with Nakao and in part with Ootani, in the end one ends up feeling guilty thinking that one is giving hope to the other person when you are not even interested or, in this case, you do not know your own feelings / has not developed. But apparently Risa doesn't think so, although one can't stop feeling guilty no matter how much the other person tells you not to feel it. Like when you're sad and they tell you "Don't feel sad, cheer up", of course I'm going to cheer up just for that xdddddd

On top of that, he feels the pressure from Nobu and some from Nakao, and now the whole damn class.
Aug 8, 2023 5:36 PM

Nov 2010
It's about time Haruka knew what was up and intervened. It's too bad he's too weak to sway Risa's love towards him. He could've given Ootami a much-needed competition so he could finally realize how lucky he is that Risa is so in love with him. Many guys take girls for granted if they're so into them or too easy.
Oct 10, 2023 12:44 PM
Sep 2023
I love their relationship so much. It's a great outlook outside a conventional relationship. This show makes me happy :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Aug 6, 2007

61 by Izeekruns »»
Apr 29, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

icerydragon - Jun 3, 2007

61 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Enn - Jun 1, 2007

98 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 24, 2007

82 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 16, 2007

63 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.