Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Jun 13, 2010 8:01 AM
Aug 2009
There is nothing worse than moving through these stupid categories -.- Show all shouldn`t be disabled... Grand stats schould be there again as well!! It is the most important thing for MAL o.0 I would like to know how many time i spend on watching anime... Grrr... Stupid update.
Jun 13, 2010 8:17 AM

Apr 2009
I can't approve or disapprove of fansub groups anymore, the buttons don't work.
Jun 13, 2010 8:23 AM
Mar 2010
Daverost said:
I understand the need to lighten the loads on the servers, but this was an awful way to do it. Bring back Show All.

+++1
Jun 13, 2010 8:23 AM
Apr 2010
I wonder if admin is reading this thread, or, as always, "Problems of the customers do not bother administration"
Jun 13, 2010 8:25 AM

Apr 2009
I want the 'show all' option back, also. You could make 200 anime shown per page like you did with the categories.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jun 13, 2010 8:34 AM

Oct 2008
The majority of users have less than 200 entries per each of their status options
Then why the fuck???

Pagination is O.K. while it is optional.
Now everything turns into shit: tags won't work, 'show all' option disappeared...

Oh please change everything back.
Jun 13, 2010 8:37 AM
Dec 2009
krasnal888 said:
There is nothing worse than moving through these stupid categories -.- Show all shouldn`t be disabled... Grand stats schould be there again as well!! It is the most important thing for MAL o.0 I would like to know how many time i spend on watching anime... Grrr... Stupid update.

See this guy above me? His 1st post is a complain, not even an intro.
The "Show All" is the best feature here in MAL, removing that means like killing the site.

Jun 13, 2010 9:11 AM

Oct 2008
"Show all" option was very good. Please change it back and leave the right to choose, if they want all list or only a part of it to show, to the users.
I want to see how many episodes, movies, TV series, OVAs etc. I have watched for that time.
doorotkaJun 13, 2010 9:15 AM
Jun 13, 2010 9:14 AM

Jun 2010
Short question ~ why do i have 65535 new messanges ?! o.O"
This was a WTF moment as i took a look xD.
Edit : Now its back to normal..crazy stuff is going on :D
Leader of the Exequias ~ Rise Up Arbola ~

Project -> "Greatest AMV`s (on Youtube) of all time"
(Take a sneaky look on my list ~ preview area is done ^^)
Jun 13, 2010 9:17 AM

Jul 2008
Rudobon said:
Short question ~ why do i have 65535 new messanges ?! o.O"
This was a WTF moment as i took a look xD.
Edit : Now its back..crazy stuff is going on :D

Because that's a bug that's been around since a long time. If you look in the forums there's plenty of threads about it.
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Denials: anime | manga
Modifications: anime | manga
-----------------------------------
Jun 13, 2010 9:22 AM
May 2009
bting back show all and totals i have not had many problems with the old setting and even on dial up computers it sill worked better then the current system.

Jun 13, 2010 9:52 AM
Dec 2008
I also would like to have "Show all" back. It's annoying to click through the catagories...
It think SQL-clusters and multiple application servers would be better doing for reducng serverload... and if you not already use it a bytecode-cache of course...
Jun 13, 2010 10:02 AM
May 2010
I don't care much for the way of showing the list now, I would rather remove all of those optional views on the list and have all of the lists showing

Time!! How much time is used going back and fourth between 5 lists to compare the time having one list you go up and down on.
Load time of 1 page to browsing up and down as much as you like, compared to 5 lists with different load time each time you open a new list that you will have to go back and fourth to get the same overview of your anime and manga as one page did before

Get the problem solved and get the "view all" back as soon as possible, as it is now it is irritating

I would rather have it going slow then not at all
Jun 13, 2010 10:28 AM

Apr 2008
Well tbh, this is really annoying... I always had it on show all, I LIKE IT as show all, if I don't know where an anime is I can control F look trough all my list, now it's like '' is it under on-hold, nope, maybe I dropped it? maybe still on currently watching?''

Please change back :(
Jun 13, 2010 10:30 AM
Jul 2008
I already posted about this but nobody said anything. This is what I'm saying:

Do we really need 2 edit buttons? Compared to one ''add''.
Remove it please. It's idiotic.
Jun 13, 2010 10:40 AM
Apr 2010
Did anyone privatly asked Xinil to turn this crap back?
Jun 13, 2010 11:00 AM

Jul 2008
versx said:

What for? I don't think he would pay any more attention to the request if it was made privately, and this should stay a public matter since it involves all the users on the site.
At any rate, probably someone already did, but I wouldn't know anything about it.
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Denials: anime | manga
Modifications: anime | manga
-----------------------------------
Jun 13, 2010 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
I want show all back!! It make it harder for me to see everything plus on some people's pages I can't even vhange what is viewing.
Jun 13, 2010 11:25 AM

Feb 2008
Cool, I love forced changes that everyone hates but it won't matter because this is MAL and nothing will be changed back. Awesome.

Get used to it people.
Jun 13, 2010 11:28 AM

Sep 2008
God people bitch a lot. And I mean bitch. Not even complain or offer feedback. Just bitch.

Anyways, I'm also sad to see "Show All" go. My only suggestion to keep a lighter load on your server is bring back Show All but incorporate pagination into it as well. I'm sure this would be a good deal more complicated to program however, as it would have to combine all the sections into a single count, and once it hits 200 it has to split that section, then create a new Page 2 that picks up where that last section left off, and then continue to print the rest of the sections after it.

I think it'd be worth it though D:

Either that, or instead of pagination, something that instead adds content to the bottom of the page. Like a "Show More" button. You could show maybe fifty entries for each section, then have a Show More button at the bottom of each one to extend the list. This way people will only load the extra content that they actually want to see, but will still be able to preview every section on one page instead of having to manually thumb through the different sections. Although again, not the easiest thing to incorporate.

Thanks for all the hard work though.

Oh, and if you don't know anything about how web sites are run, and things like servers and what they cost, kindly stfu. This isn't just some feature MAL is getting rid of because they don't like it and you do. I'm sure it's saving them plenty of money and is worth the loss of the feature.
MittJun 13, 2010 11:32 AM
Jun 13, 2010 11:31 AM

Sep 2009
Mitt said:
God people bitch a lot. And I mean bitch. Not even complain or offer feedback. Just bitch.

Anyways, I'm also sad to see "Show All" go. My only suggestion to keep a lighter load on your server is bring back Show All but incorporate pagination into it as well. I'm sure this would be a good deal more complicated to program however, as it would have to combine all the sections into a single count, and once it hits 200 it has to split that section, then create a new Page 2 that picks up where that last section left off, and then continue to print the rest of the sections after it.

I think it'd be worth it though D:

Either that, or instead of pagination, something that instead adds content to the bottom of the page. Like a "Show More" button. Although again, not the easiest thing to incorporate.

Thanks for all the hard work though.

So to counter the, in your own words "bitching" you are yourself bitching? Brilliant logic.
:squee:

Also, it appears grand totals are back? Or is my cashe just need to be cleared?
Jun 13, 2010 11:32 AM
Mar 2010
Throw in another voice of "Removal of Show All sucks"

There are better ways of dealing with server load that don't require removing features.
Jun 13, 2010 11:33 AM

Sep 2008
Sabinlerose said:
So to counter the, in your own words "bitching" you are yourself bitching? Brilliant logic.

Big difference between bitching and providing feedback or constructive criticism in a civil manner.
Jun 13, 2010 11:37 AM
Mar 2009
versx said:

Not privately, but not here:

freedoleen said:

@jacobpaige & Onibokusu: Here's an excerpt from our irc channel that shows he cares about the issue. I'm sure he'll post about it on the forums later as well:

EDIT: adding forum link to quote:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=231116&show=20#msg8638868
Jun 13, 2010 11:48 AM

Sep 2009
Mitt said:
Sabinlerose said:

Big difference between bitching and providing feedback or constructive criticism in a civil manner.

No big difference in bitching about people bitching. ♥

But anyways, I do agree with the second part of your post. If it HAD to come to that, it would be good.

But even then, it's stll not reducing MUCH if ANY server load as most people just don't have over 200 items on their lists.
Jun 13, 2010 11:51 AM
Dec 2007
Mitt said:
Sabinlerose said:

I think it's good that people voice their opinions even if they have nothing of huge value to add. The more people tell how they don't like the new update, the better the admins should hear it.
If they would only do something about it as well. Oh well in the mean time, moving my stuff to anidb.
Jun 13, 2010 11:53 AM

Oct 2007
Meri said:
I already posted about this but nobody said anything. This is what I'm saying:

Do we really need 2 edit buttons? Compared to one ''add''.
Remove it please. It's idiotic.

this
Besides, that last edit just takes you to a page that says thiis is not your entry and cant be edited

also, i can't sort by tags anymore, if you could fix that please
MettyJun 13, 2010 12:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2010 11:59 AM
Jan 2008
A nice change but I want to see the overall average feature back. It only works for "Show All".
@AruWinDesu
Jun 13, 2010 12:02 PM
Apr 2010
ferl said:
versx said:

Not privately, but not here:

Thanks.

Well, it is sad. Normally people change smth from one position to another, but here we can see merely deleting one thing without any replacement.

For what, can we ask? Though there isnt any answer
Jun 13, 2010 12:19 PM

Jul 2008
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

CHANGE IT BACK
Jun 13, 2010 12:50 PM

Jul 2009
Please change it back.

I can't see anymore "Discuss this episode" thread, which was really useful for me.

T___T
Jun 13, 2010 1:06 PM
Nov 2008
Okay, if the whole list contains more than 200 titles, it's sensibly to make pagination to reduce server load.

But why to remove 'show all' option? I've got less than 200 titles at the whole.
永遠の少年
Jun 13, 2010 1:07 PM
Dec 2007
This sucks, bring the old stuff back.
Jun 13, 2010 1:16 PM

Oct 2009
there are alot of suggestions in this thread.. i don't know if someone pointed this out or not.. but i think there is no need for MORE details feature in anime/manga list.. this can save alot of server load.. remove this option from anime list.. or link it to a new ajax window which load separately. same as Edit, Add option.

if a user had 2K entries in his/her list.. instead only 2K lines loading. there will be also huge load for this 2K more details. (13 lines per entry). don't you think this is the main cause of server load? when someone view a list with 2K entries.. and moreover i think nobody bother to check More details. atleast i never checked more details option on any user list..
DxC3iJun 13, 2010 1:21 PM
Jun 13, 2010 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I prefered it the other way, but if this is going to lessen the server load then I can deal with it. But I have a problems:

My picture doesn't load all the way on my list's and doesn't scroll with the list like it used to.

Any suggestions?
Jun 13, 2010 1:37 PM
Nov 2008
DxC3i said:
there is no need for MORE details feature

btw, +1
let this be a separately loaded option via ajax
永遠の少年
Jun 13, 2010 1:42 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, DxC3i's suggestion is good too.
Agree on that, it's not a frequently used feature so it sure could be better to request seperatly when it's needed.

I did not read all the comments, sure somebody wrote it already, so sorry for that. :)

With the pagination or instead of it would be good an infinite list, with a more button and ofcourse with keeping the show all feature.

This way the new info is loaded into the same page with javascript, people doesn't need to navigate back and forth between the pages and not all data is loaded with the one, first request. In overall likely it would be even less request for the server.
Jun 13, 2010 1:57 PM

Apr 2008
DxC3i said:

Could also just go to the page for the anime to get that info, that's the point of it being there anyway.
Jun 13, 2010 2:00 PM

Oct 2009
I'm having difficulty fully loading my lists background image.

Jun 13, 2010 2:14 PM

Sep 2009
DxC3i said:
there are alot of suggestions in this thread.. i don't know if someone pointed this out or not.. but i think there is no need for MORE details feature in anime/manga list.. this can save alot of server load.. remove this option from anime list.. or link it to a new ajax window which load separately. same as Edit, Add option.

if a user had 2K entries in his/her list.. instead only 2K lines loading. there will be also huge load for this 2K more details. (13 lines per entry). don't you think this is the main cause of server load? when someone view a list with 2K entries.. and moreover i think nobody bother to check More details. atleast i never checked more details option on any user list..

You're doing it wrong.

You are suggesting an easy fix to the problem.
Jun 13, 2010 2:14 PM

Jul 2009
Nexion said:
DxC3i said:

btw, +1
let this be a separately loaded option via ajax

Yeah. there is no reason for a "more" feature.

Make us still able to access more, but honestly it doesn't reallly need to be in the list.