Forum Settings
Forums
New
7 hours ago
Pro Animatrix

May 2021
Hello nerds, i humblyy request your assistance in this matter o7
Ive been looking to buy me some Junji Ito works for the shelf, the only one i currently have is Uzumaki, could you kidly provide upon me a list of which ones to purchase? Are there any of his works that are less appealing than the rest? Ive also read one of his shortstories and i really liked it as well, can they also be purchased in book format?
Or should one simply purchase them all?
Kind regards, a less nerdy nerd than some (but more nerdy nerd than others)
"Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world. The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility. Listen, everywhere you look in this world, wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well. As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist. The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love. They're are nexuses, causal relationships that cannot be separated."

By- Madara Uchiha

6 hours ago

Jun 2019
I'm not that well informed on the topic, but I do know that Viz Media has released a bunch of Ito's works. I have only read a couple of the story collections, but they have been great. So I can at least recommend those to you. Also, they aren't your typical manga booklets but rather hardcover books. Here's a link to VIZ where you can find them https://www.viz.com/read/manga/junji-ito/all
The one's titled "Junji Ito Story Collection" are the one's with short stories. I can't speak on his longer stories, but Tomie is pretty well known so I'd imagine it's quite good.
6 hours ago
Pro Animatrix

May 2021
Reply to Jahra
I'm not that well informed on the topic, but I do know that Viz Media has released a bunch of Ito's works. I have only read a couple of the story collections, but they have been great. So I can at least recommend those to you. Also, they aren't your typical manga booklets but rather hardcover books. Here's a link to VIZ where you can find them https://www.viz.com/read/manga/junji-ito/all
The one's titled "Junji Ito Story Collection" are the one's with short stories. I can't speak on his longer stories, but Tomie is pretty well known so I'd imagine it's quite good.
@Jahra When i said ive read Uzomaki, i maybe shouldve clarfied that i have that on my shelf already, so i am well versed in the fact that he releases in hardovers:D And that just makes it even more appealing to buy:> i love hard covers, and i personaly think more manga should make releases in the format. For example the big 3 etc.
Thanks for your words of wisdom myy good sir! o7
"Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world. The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility. Listen, everywhere you look in this world, wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well. As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist. The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love. They're are nexuses, causal relationships that cannot be separated."

By- Madara Uchiha

More topics from this board

» Where do you prefer to buy physical manga?

RaviDavi - Sep 22

15 by Neapollotan »»
2 hours ago

» 4-koma

mshfqtny - Today

0 by mshfqtny »»
Today, 4:39 AM

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

6005 by fae »»
Today, 3:28 AM

» An R18 question about morally ill and gross.

surcuel - Sep 29

10 by traed »»
Yesterday, 6:51 PM

» What was the first manga that converted you into a fan?

Rally- - Sep 23

18 by Rally- »»
Yesterday, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.