Forum Settings
Forums

What's an anime you've grown out of and one that you've warmed up to after a rewatch?

New
3 hours ago
Timekeeper☂️

Feb 2024
I've been rewatching a bunch of shows lately. Some I like the same, some more and some less than I did after the first watch. There's various reasons whether it be age or nostalgia. But anyway just curious.
🐷
2 hours ago

Feb 2020
Grown out of Digimon Adventure 02.

Warmed up to Hinako Note.

I guess there are plenty of shows to mention, but those two came to my mind first.

Serafos2 hours ago
2 hours ago

Sep 2016
Grew out of Pokemon anime (not the games though)

Got into the lewd stuff.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
2 hours ago

Oct 2017
A lot of the ecchi stuff I watched as a teenager kinda icks me these days after I started transitioning because some of the way that the women are treated in those shows can be a bit iffy.

I've grown much fonder of Beyblade and Yu-Gi-Oh as an adult than when I was a kid, probably because I could better understand both the show and the games on a deeper level.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
2 hours ago
Feb 2021
Not sure if I've ever grown out of a particular anime. Genre sure, specific anime? Nah.

Ishuzoku Reviewers.
1 hour ago

Dec 2017
koe no katachi used to be my number one favorite movie and anime, like it was gospel to me. nowadays i still love it but ive also grown out of that period of my life yk?
for rewatching shows, i had tried watching serial experiments lain two times before it clicked for me and now its one of my favorites.
1 hour ago

Aug 2017
1) There's no such thing as "grown out" of certain series. It's so silly. If you like something, you won't stop liking it. If that's the case, you didn't even like it in the first place.
2) I don't rewatch Anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

» What data do you look at before starting a show?

-rkr- - 2 hours ago

16 by MogKnight »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Trend Towards Darker Themes in Battle Shonen

Quadruple_Oi - Sep 16

49 by Ehentalix »»
19 minutes ago

» why do people watch ecchi?

removed-user - Yesterday

33 by Ehentalix »»
24 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1149 by xLunaDragon »»
1 hour ago

» 2024 Anime Thoughts

GalacticWeiss12 - Yesterday

26 by Quadruple_Oi »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.