Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2010 6:41 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that ending was cruel. Let's see what happens next.
Sep 19, 2010 4:23 PM

May 2010
Finally, Miaka's brother is actually being moved by the story.
Jul 18, 2011 11:00 PM

Mar 2011
Wow..that was a definite low on the twins side. Is Miaka the only one that actually cares for other people INCLUDING ENEMIES?! I mean, how could he go after an entire family...how could he brutally kill a helpless old man and three innocent children. Thats just beyond me. Loneliness is a bitter pain. Oh and Yui of course is okay with it as long as her precious Tamahome's still alive. Even if she didn't know, mayybe she could've known if she actually CARED AND PAYED ANY ATTENTION to the people that devoted their lives toward her. She doesn't deserve a damn thing.
Feb 5, 2015 11:56 AM
Aug 2014
That got quite a bit darker all of a sudden.
Apr 27, 2015 9:59 AM
Apr 2015
Tama's family is dead! Good job suboshi i love you so much thank you so much for ruining his life! Woooh hate tamahome and miaka they should be skinned alive
Jun 7, 2015 10:17 AM
Oct 2012
I truly hate that maika, she is so bloody annoying. Something terrible happens and its all based on the fact she is scared? What the hell..
Oct 27, 2016 1:25 PM

Apr 2009
oh, no one for this episode either?
but it had such a cool reveal...

also, i don't get how Tamahome's so upset about it, it's not like the two of them's had sex or done and real-hard-touching either anyway so pretty much they just give up kissing =w='?

....the hell is Tanuki up to...?
woah- that lightbulb _xD
woah- all those ears....

wow- swag; it even got Miyaka's brother to cry and throw the book away; bwahah.... actually that's really super-depressing =W='''''
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jul 4, 2017 12:20 PM
Sep 2016
Not one of the best so far. A lot of the art in the City looked off, and the closing theme music clashed horribly with what looks like a massacre. Far from enough to make me stop watching a fantastic show, but this was a dip.

Also what's with the single expanding ears in the port?
Nov 3, 2017 6:39 PM

Feb 2012
I couldn't even take this episode seriously because of the horrible artwork; it's been making me go wtf these past couple episodes.

Also, Miaka tried to reject Tamahome simply because they wouldn't be able to be intimate until after they got the shinzaho? It's not like they've been all touchy feely up till now so her overreaction is a bit irritating.
May 19, 2019 5:52 AM
Jan 2017
Jeeez Miyaka's brother was a tad over dramatic, almost made me think Miyaka got killed.
Sep 24, 2019 10:30 PM

Feb 2018
just so annoying how Suboshi killed Tamahoma's Family. This anime is really making me wish for everyone's death on the Seryu side - especially that son of a bitch Nakago. And I mean Yui is a complete bitch. She might not have orchestrated the whole thing, but she desserves to suffer for every wrongdoing on Seryu's side
May 27, 2020 9:48 AM
Feb 2020
His whole family? Really. Is that necessary at all?

How can Yui want to destroy her best friend, knowing she doesn't want to fight back? How twisted has she become?

Tama not making it easy on her asking her to come to his house just the two of them.

Also, how had no one asked to bring them into the palace until now? They knew the enemy knew their location and had attacked before. I mean at least move someplace else. Now i see it was to set up this situation.

Also, um, how do i put this delicately... If the priestess has to be a virgin... Wouldn't that be um a problem for Yui?

Ps. The ears was to show eavesdropping.
AijaBearMay 27, 2020 9:54 AM
Aug 27, 2021 1:40 PM

May 2015
YukiPwns00 said:
Finally, Miaka's brother is actually being moved by the story.

He's me when I'm reading a series I really like and something bad happens to one of my favorite characters.
Dec 9, 2022 11:58 AM

Oct 2016
That last scene got me.
Feb 9, 2023 2:26 AM

Dec 2020
i was not ready for that cliffhanger... what the hell-
Oct 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Aug 2022
This episode is probably the most effed up episode so far.

*SPOILERS*

Tamahome finds his family murdered and reacts accordingly. It appears the warriors of Seiryu have forced the hand of the priest of Suzaku. This only invigorates the group to become more steadfast in their commitment.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 21 Discussion

Gilraina - Nov 10, 2009

5 by Emmuhzx »»
Mar 31, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 9 Discussion

meneope - Aug 24, 2009

11 by Emmuhzx »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 51 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Sep 29, 2010

9 by suaee »»
Jan 16, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 44 Discussion

meneope - Oct 16, 2009

16 by suaee »»
Jan 15, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 43 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Sep 26, 2010

9 by suaee »»
Jan 15, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.