Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2:51 PM
Dec 2017
On the japanese Kodansha Friday site there is a grand, two-part interview with Mr. Tadashi Hirayama, studio Toei' lead producer for Girls Band Cry anime. In the interview he disclosed that GBC's project was directly inspired by the "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" animated movie [which itself had taken significant stylistic clues from Sailor Moon and other anime]:

https://friday.kodansha.co.jp/article/382163

Q: Why did you stick with 3D-CGI animation [for Girls Band Cry]?

A: In 2018, the 3D-CGI movie "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" emerged from USA, which was a huge deal. It was a shock and I thought, if something like this can be done abroad, what will happen to Japanese animation? I thought I had to make something even more amazing than that, I had to get ahead of it. The screenplay for "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" was fantastic and I analyzed it. The story was interesting and the visuals were something I'd never seen before. What's more, it wasn't just a hit among enthusiasts, but it became a worldwide success. In other words, the Americans had properly digested the look of japanese hand-drawn works, given them a new, cool look, and released it as great entertainment. I thought I had to think of a way to compete with this. That gave rise to our own 3D-CGI animation style with an "illustration book" look, adopting Teshima Nari's character designs to motion picture, as-is.
Aug 19, 4:29 PM
Jun 2024
Tacsk0 said:
On the japanese Kodansha Friday site there is a grand, two-part interview with Mr. Tadashi Hirayama, studio Toei' lead producer for Girls Band Cry anime. In the interview he disclosed that GBC's project was directly inspired by the "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" animated movie [which itself had taken significant stylistic clues from Sailor Moon and other anime]:

https://friday.kodansha.co.jp/article/382163

Q: Why did you stick with 3D-CGI animation [for Girls Band Cry]?

A: In 2018, the 3D-CGI movie "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" emerged from USA, which was a huge deal. It was a shock and I thought, if something like this can be done abroad, what will happen to Japanese animation? I thought I had to make something even more amazing than that, I had to get ahead of it. The screenplay for "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" was fantastic and I analyzed it. The story was interesting and the visuals were something I'd never seen before. What's more, it wasn't just a hit among enthusiasts, but it became a worldwide success. In other words, the Americans had properly digested the look of japanese hand-drawn works, given them a new, cool look, and released it as great entertainment. I thought I had to think of a way to compete with this. That gave rise to our own 3D-CGI animation style with an "illustration book" look, adopting Teshima Nari's character designs to motion picture, as-is.

All I have to say for the GBC's animation is that it's absolutely phenomenal. I hope he's satisfied with what he's created. At least I enjoyed it a lot.
Aug 19, 4:29 PM
Jan 2021
SPIDERVERSE NINA πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ πŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•ΈπŸ•ΈπŸ•ΈπŸ•ΈπŸ•Έ

More topics from this board

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - 4 hours ago

0 by Tacsk0 »»
4 hours ago

» [RANT]Void Momoka Version[SPOILERS]

AshuAmbrose - Jul 4

9 by AntiMoba »»
Today, 2:01 AM

» Togenashi Togeari’s back with a new album!

imjayhime - Aug 28

5 by imjayhime »»
Aug 29, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 26

44 by warpio »»
Aug 22, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 19

71 by warpio »»
Aug 22, 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.